Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/meet-t...der-adventures

Interview with Saladin Ahmed. Sorry if someone posted it.

How about some fact checking, Syfy?
    In many ways it's fitting because, alongside characters like Kamala Kahn (Ms. Marvel), Spider-Gwen, Sam Alexander (Nova), and Laura Kinney (Wolverine), Miles represents the new generation of Marvel.
    Kamala's surname should be Khan (which they get right later), Gwen is now Ghost-Spider, Sam is no longer Nova and Laura is no longer Wolverine!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Marvel have introduced a new 10+ age rating and Miles' books are among them

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...eye-ms-marvel/

Looks like that's basically for the Champions line. The books with the 10+ rating and that new trade dress are all books starring kids and teens.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Gives a good idea what type of books Marvel markets at the School Book fairs.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Marvel have introduced a new 10+ age rating and Miles' books are among them

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...eye-ms-marvel/
    Feels more appropriate then assuming something like Ms. Marvel is intended for the same audience as Donny Cates' Venom just because they're both in-continuity Marvel titles.

(I'm not sure I'd put Thompson's Hawkeye for middle-school readers. Seems more appropriate for high school age).

Nice to see they remember Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane .

Here's the solicit for issue #5 and Champions issue #4

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #5
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by Marco D’Alfonso
    • Tombstone is not happy with Miles taking out his weapons supplier and is taking drastic measures.
    • He’s a big believer in the adage, “If you want a job done, you have to do it yourself.”
    •All the while, Miles is still juggling school, super-heroing and his love life. Wait a minute, WHAT love life?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CHAMPIONS #4
    JIM ZUB (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER
    BY KHOI PHAM
    • Miles Morales...what have you done?
    • The Champions reach a crossroads as dark forces lay their claim.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    So some very cool looking things will be going on. Although I thought the new villain was being introduced in this issue, I guess it could just be setup for them though.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-22-2019 at 12:12 PM.

There's more.

MARVEL RISING #2

NILAH MAGRUDER (W)

ROBERTO DI SALVO (A)

Cover by AUDREY MOK

Variant Cover by Savanna Ganucheau

THE MAGICAL KINGDOM OF JERSEY! Morgan Le Fay has invaded New Jersey! Or should we say...NEW CAMELOT?! And under her mind-twisting rule, the citizens are going crazy! But Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl are not about to watch the local bodegas turn into potion-dealing apothecaries. Luckily, they've got a few friends to help them out: Spider-Man Miles Morales and Inhuman Inferno! And when former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Daisy Johnson joins the case, they're sure to have Morgan on the ropes. Unless, of course, she sends a GIANT HORDE OF MONSTERS AFTER THEM?! Okay, this looks worse than we thought...

32 pages, $3.99.

MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES: SPIDER-MAN -- WEB DESIGNERS #1

JED MACKAY, TY TEMPLETON & MORE! (W)

MARIO DEL PENNINO, TY TEMPLETON & MORE (A)

Cover by JACOB CHABOT

* Hold on to your hats! Spider-Man and his amicable arachnid companions are back in this action-packed tale of adventure for readers of all ages!

32 pages, $3.99.

SHURI #7

VITA AYALA (W)

PAUL DAVIDSON (A)

Cover by KIRBI FAGAN

GUEST-STARRING MILES MORALES AND MS. MARVEL!

When it looks like an enemy of Wakanda has left a signature behind in America, Princess Shuri heads overseas to investigate. But she's not the only hero on the case. With New York City and New Jersey on the line, there's no way Miles Morales and Kamala Khan are sitting this one out. Guest creative team Vita Ayala and Paul Davidson take Shuri on a star-studded adventure!

32 pages, $3.99.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Huh, thought Marvel Rising was in continuity with the animated stuff?
    April is fun month for Miles. I wonder if all the praise from Into the Spider-Verse will have more writings wanting to use him?

No. The first volume of the Rising comic was actually the first meeting of 616's Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl. Because comics Gwen is AU, it looks like the comics have subbed Miles in instead for this follow-up.

And let's not forget Journey Into Mystery makes a total of six all together. It really is a great month for him, is this the most appearances he's had in a single month? It also wouldn't surprise me if the movie did make more writers interested in using him.
    Speaking of the movie with the announcement of its Oscar nomination what are everyone's thoughts on its chances of taking home the win? I think it's a very strong contender considering it has been taking home a ton of awards already and is very well spoken of in the general media.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Damn, Miles is really making his rounds around the MU.

For a while now, I've always wanted Tombstone to be the "gangster" villain that Miles would have his run ins with. A lot of it was influenced by how he was portrayed in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, so I'm happy that Saladin is looking to make him something of a reoccuring nemesis for Miles.

Interested to see how Mephisto stuff is going to pan out in Champions.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse got nominated for Oscar for best animated feature. Could our boy win ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. The first volume of the Rising comic was actually the first meeting of 616's Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl. Because comics Gwen is AU, it looks like the comics have subbed Miles in instead for this follow-up.
    Oh thanks. I could’ve sworn one the covers mentioned Gwen on it before. Must be confusing it with something else.

Spiderverse Miles along with Gwen and Peter appear on the cover for Unstoppable Wasp #6

That's odd. It's not like Nadia's travelling to their universe, so these must be doppelgangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse got nominated for Oscar for best animated feature. Could our boy win ?

Oh thanks. I could’ve sworn one the covers mentioned Gwen on it before. Must be confusing it with something else.
    Some of the covers do use the cartoon designs, including Gwen. But she's not in the interior content.