Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 831
  1. #451
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Gameinformer will be covering Ultimate Alliance 3, and our boy Miles made it on the cover, and is seen in bits of their teaser trailer

    https://nintendoeverything.com/marve...ails-incoming/
    Found this scan on gamefaqs that includes a overview of him.
    https://i.imgtc.com/fheMpep.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #452
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Found this scan on gamefaqs that includes a overview of him.
    https://i.imgtc.com/fheMpep.png
    "Make a date of it" I see what you did there .

    Not surprised they're referring to him as "Miles."

  3. #453
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Make a date of it" I see what you did there .

    Not surprised they're referring to him as "Miles."
    Just as long as they don't go with Kid Arachnid lol

    And yeah, his powerset seems about what I expected with him being a more long range character compared to Pete.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  4. #454
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Just as long as they don't go with Kid Arachnid lol
    It's just something I always see whenever he's in something with Peter, they always just call him "Miles" or refer to him as "Miles" while Peter is called Spider-Man.

    I think Into the Spider-Verse was the only thing to avert this but that was the whole point.

  5. #455
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just something I always see whenever he's in something with Peter, they always just call him "Miles" or refer to him as "Miles" while Peter is called Spider-Man.

    I think Into the Spider-Verse was the only thing to avert this but that was the whole point.
    It's kind of like how Gwen is always referred to as Spider-Gwen even though technically who real codename was Spider-Woman (and soon Ghost Spider). It's sort of the way they get differentiated. It's like Miguel always get 2099 added in to distinguish him and Otto often gets referred to by SpOck by default.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  6. #456
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's kind of like how Gwen is always referred to as Spider-Gwen even though technically who real codename was Spider-Woman (and soon Ghost Spider). It's sort of the way they get differentiated. It's like Miguel always get 2099 added in to distinguish him and Otto often gets referred to by SpOck by default.
    "Spider-Miles?" Nah .

    SpOck also has "Superior," which is think is the "official" one.

  7. #457
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    They should really just go with Ultimate, it's the easiest solution.

  8. #458
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    I've officially run out of excuses to buy Ultimate Alliance 3, hopefully the gameplay is good. Bit of a weird little quote I came across but it seems the Yoshiyuki Tomino, creator of the Gundam franchise, has seen Into the Spider-Verse views it as a good benchmark that Japanese animators should try to overcome. If I worked on the movie I would feel honored.

    https://www.otakuusamagazine.com/gun...-spider-verse/
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

  9. #459
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    They should really just go with Ultimate, it's the easiest solution.
    Ordinarily I would agree, but a part of me thinks if they used "Ultimate" people would immediately jump to a crazy, oddball, cartoon with a fourth-wall breaking Spider-Man .

  10. #460
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,535

    Default

    The obvious solution is Spider-Manlet. Marvel, hire me.

  11. #461
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    So Journey into Mystery is turning into one of those type comics that sound pretty cool on paper but the execution is leaving a lot to be desired. Especially since all the characters kind of sound like they have the same voice. Basically the group's goal is just to avoid Ares until the War of the Realms is over. They end up hiding out at a RV Camp which turns out to be a leftover Skull hideout from back during Secret Invasion.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  12. #462
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So Journey into Mystery is turning into one of those type comics that sound pretty cool on paper but the execution is leaving a lot to be desired. Especially since all the characters kind of sound like they have the same voice. Basically the group's goal is just to avoid Ares until the War of the Realms is over. They end up hiding out at a RV Camp which turns out to be a leftover Skull hideout from back during Secret Invasion.
    Enjoying the tie-in series so far on my end but yeah, the writing does leave a bit to be desired on giving the characters their own unique dialogue. I mainly miss the slang talk, Saladin Ahmed peppers into Miles' speech pattern.

  13. #463
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So Journey into Mystery is turning into one of those type comics that sound pretty cool on paper but the execution is leaving a lot to be desired. Especially since all the characters kind of sound like they have the same voice. Basically the group's goal is just to avoid Ares until the War of the Realms is over. They end up hiding out at a RV Camp which turns out to be a leftover Skull hideout from back during Secret Invasion.
    I've only read the previews but I wasn't too impressed.

    They really don't have a good handling on Asgardian dialogue.

  14. #464
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've only read the previews but I wasn't too impressed.

    They really don't have a good handling on Asgardian dialogue.
    Really? Couldn’t really tell the difference in how Baldur and Thor talk. I think the way Asgardians talk varies between writers. Some may just have a better handle on it than most I suppose.

  15. #465
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Really? Couldn’t really tell the difference in how Baldur and Thor talk. I think the way Asgardians talk varies between writers. Some may just have a better handle on it than most I suppose.
    I guess my issue with it is it felt less like gods or Asgardians talking and more like normal people or goofy pastiche's of Asgardians talking.

    It's definitely a "varies between writers" thing. Even Jason Aaron can't keep it consistent and he's the main Thor writer .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •