Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles is safe for the forseeable future. Into the Spider-Verse saw to that.
    Yeah, the Spider-Verse movies are the strongest things Miles has going for him as far as general audiences outside the comics is concerned.

Spider-Man PS4 might be solid for what it is depending on what they do in the sequel, but I'm not expecting much from the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon either this season or the next.

In honor of all the symbiote stuff on the horizon here's Miles wearing the Riot symbiote.

https://dimaiv-nov.tumblr.com/post/1...ootes-a-set-of

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    In honor of all the symbiote stuff on the horizon here's Miles wearing the Riot symbiote.

Honestly not sure I would recognize that as being Miles to be honest, although I guess he still has the red spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Miles/Riot already has my interest, sweet concept & look.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    The momentum you mentioned was only being driven by one man, even the big event (civil war 2) that featured Miles was due to Bendis being the writer. Now that Bendis is gone, Miles no longer has the luxuries he once had. What Miles needs now is exposure and I don't just simply mean in cartoons or movies, if writers want him in their books; good. The better his chances are to survive in the long run.
    Really???

Bumblebee at DC was their first black female heroine. She has done more in DC Super Hero Girls, Young Justice & Teen Titans cartoon in the last 16 years than she has in her entire 47 years in comics. She has even been cosplayed at a major WWE event.
    Where is this ground breaking story that starred HER at Dc? Or her husband? She is not the ONLY one who appeals to outside media but is buried in comics.

Miles Morales's resume

Oscar for best picture Into The Spiderverse. I can stop RIGHT there.
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man (A Marvel YA Novel) A NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER.
    The BEST SELLER for Teens on Amazon. He is outselling every other Marvel and DC book.
    A top seller in CHILDREN'S books for Amazon.
    The second top selling teen on Amazon (top teen male though) (top teen of color) & (at times top Spider person seller)

It's the outside of comics that HELPS way more than being a guest star in a crappy comic.

Doesn't help that Bumblebee is probably seen as a Wasp rip-off (since Janet predates her by a few years and is much better known). They don't use her unique abilities enough. Jeremy Whitley even pitched a solo for Karen, but DC turned it down. Marvel then offered him Unstoppable Wasp, so DC's neglect of Karen is actually responsible for a lot of Nadia's character development!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

OMG...
    spoilers:
    Rio's up the duff! Miles is getting a baby brother or sister!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    This was interesting, the multiple artists was a unique choice but it worked for what the were trying to do. I've got to say I really like Martinez's art the best and kinda wish she was the one doing the art for the series instead. I just can't seem to adjust to the way Garron does the costume. I don't know how to feel about Rio being pregnant, babies tend to be non-entities in comics so I'll just wait and see. Glad to see Lana again and I hope Ahmed actually pushes toward a relationship between the two because as short as that interaction was I enjoyed it more than anything that had Barbara involved. The new villain has a really cool design and I'm interested in seeing what their deal is. Also I hope Aaron was lying about returning the Iron-Spider armor, it was too cool a design to end up as likely never acknowledged again.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think it's too soon for Miles to have a baby sibling in his life, but I guess it depends on how Ahmed handles it...I guess we've got, what, a pregnancy to deal with and then him being a sibling?

Would people want to read Spider-Man babysitting his little sibling? The baby be in danger from villains who know his identity? Wait, Mayday already went through this .
    end of spoilers

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I think it's too soon for Miles to have a baby sibling in his life, but I guess it depends on how Ahmed handles it...I guess we've got, what, a pregnancy to deal with and then him being a sibling?

Would people want to read Spider-Man babysitting his little sibling? The baby be in danger from villains who know his identity? Wait, Mayday already went through this .
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe, at least part of the intended concept of the just concluded JiM series was having Miles and company babysitting. Parenting jokes aside in an entertaining book I don't think it's bad for a superhero to have someone truly helpless that they care for/about. Rio, and Jefferson can more or less take care of themselves in an emergency.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

spoilers:
    New villains, love interests, supporting cast, and more expansion on his family. Ahmed is basically giving everything Miles fans what they wanted. And only seven issues in. Side note : not sure Ahmed cares for Bombshell x Miles but I wonder what her reaction to Miles and Barbara splitting up would be. Plus dating another hero would simplify things for Miles
    end of spoilers
    Un spoil thought. The artist in this issue make it look like Miles has three different haircuts/styles

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm interested in seeing how he handles it, considering this is comics there's no telling how long Rio will be pregnant IRL. Not to mention Miles doesn't live with his parents so how often would he even interact with the kid?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Was nice to see his costume's logo properly proportioned before *sigh* going back to the regular artist...

Yeah, it's why I like Martinez's part so much, they even got the size of the lenses right.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Regarding that change spoilers:
    it seems to repeat territory we've seen before. Spider-Girl had a baby sibling. It's also a bit unusual for a couple with a teenager who has grown up as an only child to have a kid at that stage.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets