Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

According to Slate, Miles Morales is the seventh most important character from comics, movies, TV or books in the last 25 years.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/08/mo...t-century.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The new issue seems fine.
    spoilers:
    I would have rather had Miles figure something out and save himself, but this forces Aaron back into the superhero/supervillain life. Also Aaron is flat out the Prowler and his attitude towards the suit makes me think I was right and he was just a knock off Prowler in 616.
    end of spoilers
    Also I may be wrong on this, but I could have sworn that Jefferson was older than Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Also I may be wrong on this, but I could have sworn that Jefferson was older than Aaron.
    I don't think Bendis was ever specific on the age range between the brothers. I think most assumed, myself included, that, Jefferson was older due to, as Aaron put it, playing the role as his brothers keeper. It's an interesting dynamic if its the younger sibling that's the more responsible one. Probably thanks to learning from the older brother's mistakes.

spoilers:
    I would have rather had Miles figure something out and save himself, but this forces Aaron back into the superhero/supervillain life. Also Aaron is flat out the Prowler and his attitude towards the suit makes me think I was right and he was just a knock off Prowler in 616.
    end of spoilers
    he does look older thats for sure
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Yeah, definitely not feeling this issue. This arc was a major pass for me and I really hope the next one swings up for me.

spoilers:
    I've gotta say I'm disappointed Aaron lost the Iron-Spider armor for this Prowler suit, I'm just not a fan of the design. (The shoes having toes is weird) I also kinda wish Miles got more of a chance to get out on his own, maybe Aaron and Jeff show up while he's trying to escape and provide backup. Also I feel like nothing was really gained from this issue, The Assessor did his thing and left when it wasn't worth it to stick around.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dragonick; 08-14-2019 at 08:51 AM.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    There's a reckoning to be had with Hobie .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a reckoning to be had with Hobie .
    spoilers:
    Since Aaron has to steal something to pay back Ceres I wouldn't be surprised if Hobie shows up since Prowler will be taking the blame for the crime.
    end of spoilers

Article for issue #10
    'Miles Morales: Spider-Man' #10 Celebrates 250 Issues of Miles in September
    Mysteries will be solved and villains will be revealed!
    BY JAMIE FREVELE
    Miles Morales made a huge impact on the Marvel Universe since he swung onto the scene in 2011. Back then, he was existing on Earth-1610 and took over the mantle of Spider-Man when that world's Peter Parker was killed. But now, 250 issues after his very first appearance, Miles is at home on Earth-616 -- and in MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #10, on sale Wednesday, September 11, he'll be celebrating his birthday! But no Spider-Hero ever has a nice, quiet birthday, just celebrating with friends. Writer Saladin Ahmed and artist Javier Garrón (and a special surprise guest artist for a bonus story also written by Ahmed) are going to be taking Miles on a new adventure and revealing some mysteries while they're at it! (One of those mysteries is directly related to Miles' debut in ULTIMATE COMICS FALLOUT #4, which you can read on Marvel Unlimited now!)

Ahmed shared his feelings about bringing Miles Morales to his 250th issue:

"Almost 20 years ago, the Marvel Ultimate Universe helped pull me back into Super Hero comics after years away. Now I'm writing the adventures of its most famous son, and I couldn't be enjoying it more. Miles has already gone through a lot in our run, but there's even more in store -- including a reckoning with his origins -- and it all starts with issue #10!"

Here is a preview of a couple of pages from the new issue, which you can pre-order now:

Garrón expressed his joy in being part of such a milestone (no pun intended) in the story of Miles Morales:

"Miles Morales' solo series has been built upon the highest standards of comic book creation from its very beginning. Thrilling, moving, inspirational stories told by the best writers, artists, colorists, editors, and letterers in the industry. Is my absolute honor and pride contributing to that incredible legacy alongside an unbeatable, legendary creative team.

"Miles represents the future -- he is a beacon of hope for a better tomorrow. Being able to help collect all that legacy he already has and take him to that future step by step, panel by panel, is a ride for the ages!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Article for issue #10

It's kind of weird seeing the old Ultimate designs. Almost as weird as it is to see Miles acknowledge that part of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of weird seeing the old Ultimate designs. Almost as weird as it is to see Miles acknowledge that part of his life.
    Since Miles has basically ignored or even denied it for a while I was just hoping that he had somehow lost the memory and it was overwritten by new ones that fit into 616. It's just such a strange thing to have attached to the character.

Incredible Member

Maybe the "therapy" he received from the Assessor woke the memories back up lol

Since Miles has basically ignored or even denied it for a while I was just hoping that he had somehow lost the memory and it was overwritten by new ones that fit into 616. It's just such a strange thing to have attached to the character.
    yeah they should have done a better job of integrating Miles in the main 616 either gave him a complete reboot on the origin. Or at the very least admit he from another universe
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

They're probably about to reveal that the flashback events in the annual between runs were actually fabricated memories, created when he was brought to 616. And now he's realised that and remembered 1610. However, I don't think what just happened was the trigger, as he clearly remembered by the time of Spider-Men II.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Newsarama interview with Ahmed for the Absolute Carnage tie-in

Miles Morales is going down a dark road later this month, as hero is entering Absolute Carnage.

Why would a hero who's never been host to a symbiote be pulled into Carnage's hunt for symbiote hosts? Well... spoilers, but Miles will be back-seat driving in his own symbiote-possessed body by the time the Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales three-issue series is through.

Scheduled to launch August 28, Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales is described by Miles Morales: Spider-Man writer Saladin Ahmed as a "much more visceral, action-driven, horror-tinged" avenue than the main monthly book. Ahmed is working with artist Federico Vincentini, but Miles Morales will be dealing with Carnage, the Scorpion, J. Jonah Jameson, Silver Sable, and more.

Newsarama spoke with Ahmed about the upcoming Absolute Carnage tie-in, the big difference between this and the main Miles Morales ongoing, and how he's working with Donny Cates and Marvel to make this more than just your average tie-in.

Newsarama: Saladin, Miles Morales: Spider-Man is running monthly, but you're adding to it like a college student taking on extra classes with the Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales limited series. How would you frame this limited series for Miles fans and for Absolute Carnage fans?

Saladin Ahmed: It's a natural evolution of a kind in the larger Spider universe to have Miles finally, fully contending with a big, grisly Spider-event. We have Spider-Geddon and such, but Carnage is such a touchstone for people - especially dealing with symbiotes.

To have Miles plunge into that is going to please Marvel fans.

This limited series is sort of self-contained, and you don't have to read Miles Morales or Absolute Carnage to get it. I think we're telling an amazing story.

I never write things that are tacked on - I always approach a tie-in as its own story, while honoring the story that it's tying into. Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales is a big, self-contained Miles story with a beginning, middle, and end. It's got great stakes, awesome action, and I think it's its own thing.

At the same time, it's also a modular thing. You can connect it to the larger Miles Morales book or the larger Absolute Carnage book. We worked pretty hard to make it more than the sum of its parts, so things are going to emerge that'll be really fun and satisfying for folks.

Nrama: From the solicits, this seems to really jump into an interesting part of the symbiote mythos - the Scorpion, a.k.a. Mac Gargan, and his time with the symbiote. What's your take on Mac Gargan?

Ahmed: Well, Mac was a delight for me. I'm a writer who is usually very invested in the humanity of my villains; I tend to write very three-dimensional villains who have some decency in there... and Mac is not that. [Laughs]

He's a surly, thorough scumbag - a monster of a person.

It's great to put the sweet, kind Miles into a fight with such a monster.

Nrama: And how does Carnage and his cult followers factor into this book?

Ahmed: Without giving too much away, in the main Absolute Carnage book Carnage is hunting down everyone who ever wore, or had a symbiote on them.

Miles has never had a symbiote, yet, but he's dragged squarely into it by his proximity with other Spider universe folks. Before the end of the series however, something changes.

Nrama: I think what you're getting at is Miles getting attached to a symbiote.

Miles has had his own run-in with symbiotes, but from what I gather by issue #2 Miles will be taken over by a dark symbiote courtesy of Cletus. What would it be like being inside the head of Miles while he's under this thrall?

Ahmed: For Miles, it's hard - but it’s less about his ego of wanting control and more about being a hugely decent person who is afraid of being forced to do things he would never do himself. That's the hard part for him. Maybe mind control wouldn't freak him out if he was forced to save orphans, but that's not it here.

Nrama: For this you're working with artist Federico Vincentini, who I believe is making his North American comics debut. He's very different from Javier - have you had a chance to scope out Federico's work or pages from this so far? If so, what's your thoughts?

Ahmed: It's gorgeous. He's very different from Javier Garron on Miles Morales: Spider-Man, and I was pretty surprised when I learned how relatively young he is. Federico's work is quite accomplished - very kinetic, and very visceral.

Our main Miles book is a very human book with a lot of family; there's a lot of superhero action as well, but it's not a cutthroat blood-and-guts book. While this Absolute Carnage tie-in is still a teen-rated book, it's much more visceral, action-driven, horror-tinged.

Nrama: How have your conversations gone with editor Devin Lewis, Donny Cates, and Marvel about doing this kind of tie-in to a larger event?

Ahmed: It's been great.

I always find that this kind of collaboration can be productive rather than restrictive. Marvel has some of the best editors in the planet working there. Donny is obviously brilliant, and the editors coordinating this are brilliant as well. All the rough edges that might happen otherwise have been smoothed away, and we've got this really amazing, cool event.

Nrama: As a writer, how are you balancing the needs of a tie-in while conceiving your own story? Do you have touchstones of other examples by other authors you go by?

Ahmed: I'm old enough to remember Secret Wars #2 when the Beyonder came to Earth. What I remember from that is the event had its own storyline, but it also felt like it was affecting the Marvel U while the rest of the characters stayed where they were. To me, that's my guiding principle: a tie-in should tell its own story; be focused on the character it's focused on, and feel like that character/story is coming as a natural occurrence.

Nrama: What do you think of this cult of Carnage, and what Absolute Carnage is bringing together as a whole?

Ahmed: It's been a blast to be a part of, because while big events where the whole cosmos is at stake are neat, I think we need more events focused on what's happening to the individual. I love that kind of event, where the scope is big but it feels more intimate.

https://www.newsarama.com/46549-abso...din-ahmed.html
    Ganke's lack of appearances in this book so far are really not helping me get used to this new look of his.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 08-16-2019 at 05:34 PM.