Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Boy....Miles sure is having a bad time

Here's the cover for issue #10 apparently someone named Ultimatum (bit on the nose with that name) controlling Ultimate Green Goblin.

Wonder if Miles will ever regain the Ultimate Spider-Man title back
    Edit: According to the solicit it's his 250 issue and his birthday
    Last edited by Unspeakable Evil; 06-11-2019 at 11:32 AM.

so will he be 17 or 18?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so will he be 17 or 18?
    18 I think? I forget

Yeah, i think he'll be 18. Miles has got to be one of the the fastest ageing characters around, he aged five years over the course of eight real world years.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, he said he was almost 17 during that Spider-Gwen crossover, so I think his birthday passing would firmly place him at 17.

Also prediction time; I don't think the Ultimate Goblin is going to be Norman Osborn. I actually get the feeling he'll be Donald Roxxan instead. That big final arc in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man was about how Roxxan was trying to find a way to reverse engineer the OZ Formula. This could be why Miles is seemingly getting experimented on in Issue #8.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

True, but remember he also had a birthday during his annual so this would make him 18.

Also if this is something to do with the Oz formula I hope it answers the whole Miles immortality question.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    True, but remember he also had a birthday during his annual so this would make him 18.

Also if this is something to do with the Oz formula I hope it answers the whole Miles immortality question.
    True but this is also one of those things where I'd probably wait for them to confirm in the comic since I don't think they plan to age Miles outside of high school anytime soon.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

So, Spider-Men III on the horizon? Would be kinda nice and give Spider-Men II an actual point if they continue off it starting with this story.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    True but this is also one of those things where I'd probably wait for them to confirm in the comic since I don't think they plan to age Miles outside of high school anytime soon.
    The current Marvel Rising mini starts with Squirrel Girl giving Miles and Kamala (along with Inferno) a tour of ESU. They're high school seniors. I wouldn't be shocked if Ahmed is indeed planning to have the two Champions graduate sooner than later. Surely he had to approve that Rising story, as the writer of the solo books of two of the characters involved.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Does anyone here actually like the notebook thing Ahmed is doing in the book?
    We need better comics

Not at all, it's just super obvious failure bait. I can't think of any reason for it to exist other than secret identity drama. If this was a live action situation it would be a useful and clever tool to get into Miles' head, but this is a comic and thought bubbles exist. Two of my favorite things about Miles is that he put his trust into those closest to him to know his secret identity and that if he needed it he could talk to his parents or Ganke about about whatever is bothering him. I think it's a very refreshing dynamic for a teen character to have, and when this plot with someone reading his diary finally pops I'm gonna be annoyed because it was a) obviously going to happen and b) doesn't make sense in context.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Does anyone here actually like the notebook thing Ahmed is doing in the book?
    what is the notebook angle about?

Teacher told his class to write a diary... even though he won't be looking at them!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman