Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1392

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Hmm, I don't know.

Cates on Thor, Ewing on GotG, Soule on a SW relaunch, the new Wolverine ongoing, IM 2020. I wouldn't call that "no big announcements."
    This is personal preference, but outside of Ewing on GotG, nothing about that particularly excites me. Many of this announcements could have easily be done with any press release. Dunno, just none of really feel big for a event like NYCC, you get what I mean?

Btw, the Women of Marvel panel is over, no comic announcements. They talked about Morbius, the Disneyland Marvel land, and a bit about animation.

Women of Marvel turned out to be the animation panel. No new news though, they just mentioned that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Spidey and His Amazing Friends, and that Tigra/Dazzler show were in production. They also talked about theme parks and announced the interior artist for Star. It was a colossal waste of time following that one. Looks like the teen team isn't relaunching until at least March (they'd have announced it if it was February, as Wolverine launches then).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Now that I've had some time to think about it is anyone else a little disappointed with the costume for The End oneshot? I love ITSV as much as anyone else, but compared to Capt Marvel and Venom's looks a slightly altered version of the movie costume feels a little uninspired.
    Yes, I do. I look at the hoodie thing as something associated with youth and rebellion. Our guy looks to be damn near 55. It would been nice to see some kind of creativity for an update but badass look.

Exactly, that's the kind of look I'd expect if this story took place while he was young. The man on that cover has obviously been at it for a long time and the solicit says he "leads the last bastion of civilization into the future" so I'd expect something more official and inspiring. Plus as someone else brought up I'm looking for some more alternate costumes for when the PS4 sequel comes out. Right now Miles is sitting at about five or six costumes and that's including a game original costume,

Exactly, that's the kind of look I'd expect if this story took place while he was young. The man on that cover has obviously been at it for a long time and the solicit says he "leads the last bastion of civilization into the future" so I'd expect something more official and inspiring. Plus as someone else brought up I'm looking for some more alternate costumes for when the PS4 sequel comes out. Right now Miles is sitting at about five or six costumes and that's including a game original costume,
    - Comic-accurate costume (depending on whatever changes they make to his look for the PS4 universe).

- Into the Spider-Verse civvie costume.

- Shadow Spider costume.

- Into the Spider-Verse actual costume.

- Captain Universe?

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the alternate costumes given how many of them they had in the first game, so they would already be re-using them unless they did something different with it. I think the Symbiote is going to factor into the mechanics of things a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    This is personal preference, but outside of Ewing on GotG, nothing about that particularly excites me. Many of this announcements could have easily be done with any press release. Dunno, just none of really feel big for a event like NYCC, you get what I mean?

Btw, the Women of Marvel panel is over, no comic announcements. They talked about Morbius, the Disneyland Marvel land, and a bit about animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Women of Marvel turned out to be the animation panel. No new news though, they just mentioned that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Spidey and His Amazing Friends, and that Tigra/Dazzler show were in production. They also talked about theme parks and announced the interior artist for Star. It was a colossal waste of time following that one. Looks like the teen team isn't relaunching until at least March (they'd have announced it if it was February, as Wolverine launches then).
    That sucks I don't know why they'd choose to end things on such a flat note.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Comic-accurate costume (depending on whatever changes they make to his look for the PS4 universe).

- Into the Spider-Verse civvie costume.

- Shadow Spider costume.

- Into the Spider-Verse actual costume.

- Captain Universe?

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the alternate costumes given how many of them they had in the first game, so they would already be re-using them unless they did something different with it. I think the Symbiote is going to factor into the mechanics of things a lot.
    Captain Universe suit would make sense in the context that game Peter was in Spider-Geddon and saw Miles wearing it and he was the one to wear it last. They could also toss in Aaron's Iron-Spider suit. Depending on what they do with the Symbiote I wonder if they would do something original or use the Doppelganger look.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, I do. I look at the hoodie thing as something associated with youth and rebellion. Our guy looks to be damn near 55. It would been nice to see some kind of creativity for an update but badass look.
    Lol! I cringed looking at that, it reminded me of Peter B Parker's life.

That sucks I don't know why they'd choose to end things on such a flat note.

Captain Universe suit would make sense in the context that game Peter was in Spider-Geddon and saw Miles wearing it and he was the one to wear it last. They could also toss in Aaron's Iron-Spider suit. Depending on what they do with the Symbiote I wonder if they would do something original or use the Doppelganger look.
    Or his Venomized look from next year's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom cartoon?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think they'll go with the traditional Symbiote look. It's probably partially why they gave the PS4 suit the white spider emblem.

How is that relevant, when we're talking about Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How is that relevant, when we're talking about Miles?
    ...Well I thought we were talking about how they'll use the Symbiote in the game, but please carry on with the Miles discussion .

Sometimes it feels as though Marvel is really trying hard to keep Miles isolated from the larger 616 universe. I want see more and different interactions with heroes that can lead to adventures that can somewhat break him away from traditional Spiderman like stories.

I get what you mean, I'm not saying Miles has to start going on cosmic adventures all the time, but it certainly wouldn't hurt if he stepped out of the "friendly neighborhood" stuff more often. People say that want him to be different than Peter, but then you have other people (and occasionally the same people) complaining that's not what Spider-Man does.

Since we are talking about future Miles, I
    wonder if his powers will have reached their fullest potential and manifest in some crazy levels of feats. I would love to see him transition from street level hero to something on scale of a notch or two under an Iron Man level hero. Let's really see something unexpected like back in the What if days.

I'd definitely be up for that, not every spider has to be street level forever, it'd be something interesting to see. On a related note is there a name for the level of heroics between street and cosmic? I personally refer to it as international, but I've never really seen any term for it.