Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1392

Yeah. He was probably set up. Ultimatum has seen Miles's face (and, correct me if I'm wrong, also knows his name) he might have set him up to get Miles out the way of his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Spider-Verse #3 seems like it'll be super tense. I'm really looking forward to it.
    #13 of the main book I'm feeling pretty indifferent towards. Also what did Miles mean by his "old team". Don't tell me the Champions broke up or that they're planning on moving him to the Young Avengers.
    That'd be a major spoiler for Incoming if so. I think this could just be set after issue 4 of Champions and before issue 9. He quit, remember?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really hope that’s the case. I’d like for Miles to stick with the Champions rather than get traded to a different team.

Agreed. Incoming promises a "titanic divide", so I'm expecting some Champs to be written out of the team in that one-shot. But I would expect Kamala, Sam and Miles to stick together. They're the team's core going back to ANAD Avengers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #14. No, I didn't post this in the wrong thread...
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...r-man-2019-14/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #14. No, I didn't post this in the wrong thread...
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...r-man-2019-14/
    That's a kill steal .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Starting to feel bad for Shocker. He always gets bodied lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Starting to feel bad for Shocker. He always gets bodied lol
    I don't know if it was Ultimate or Superior Foes that helped turn Shocker into such a joke.

Even Homecoming treated him better then this and he got foiled by a civilian .

That's twice now that Shocker's gone down to one of the Champions. He had the bright idea to go to New Jersey to avoid the superheroes... but whoops, that's Kamala's patch. At least he gave Kamala a fight though. Miles one-shotted him - and not by using his Venom Blast, for once - that's embarrassing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it was Ultimate or Superior Foes that helped turn Shocker into such a joke.

Even Homecoming treated him better then this and he got foiled by a civilian .
    I blame Ultimate. Superior Foes at least showed Shocker thrashing the hell out of the rest of the Foes at one point. Ultimate was a joke all the way to his last issue, which was surprisingly poignant and heartbreaking when he explained (to a bound, helpless, and somewhat tortured Peter) how and why he turned to crime in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I blame Ultimate. Superior Foes at least showed Shocker thrashing the hell out of the rest of the Foes at one point. Ultimate was a joke all the way to his last issue, which was surprisingly poignant and heartbreaking when he explained (to a bound, helpless, and somewhat tortured Peter) how and why he turned to crime in the first place.
    And then he never appeared again (probably because the Ultimatum wave got him).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And then he never appeared again (probably because the Ultimatum wave got him).
    A shame, but not necessarily unexpected.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Miles is going to be in a YA novel with Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl:

He'll also be in the oneshot Outlawed in March with Nova and Ms. Marvel

Marvel’s teen heroes will face a whole new (but not unique to the publisher) challenge when they’re outlawed by the government following a tragic event next year, a la the original Civil War.

The story kicks off this March in a one-shot titled Outlawed (which seems to have a connection to the preceding Incoming! one-shot) written by Eve. L. Ewing with art from Kim Jacinto, colorist Espen Grundetjern, and letterer Clayton Cowles.

“To me, this story isn't just about young people being in conflict with the government, but much bigger questions about what we ask of young people, how they're expected to be independent sometimes and subservient other times,” Ewing told The A.V. Club in the one-shot’s announcement. “Every era of history brings new challenges, and young people today are coming of age… yet we often don't recognize their wisdom and their insights. It's like we get above a certain age and lose all empathy. I just wanted to explore that tension, and them being superheroes really ups the stakes because they're literally out there saving lives every day, but aren't seen as full people or full citizens. and, at the same time, maybe the law is a good idea? Maybe it really is for everyone's protection? It's intentionally kind of morally ambiguous.”

“Civil War was meant to be (among other things) about curtailing personal liberties in the name of safety,” added Outlawed editor Alanna Smith. “Outlawed is tapping into different social anxieties. There’s been a lot of debate lately about the role of the youth in our society—whether they should partake in activism, how much their voices should be valued, whether they’re old and learned enough to have a say in their future, and what responsibility the older generations have to keep them safe.”

“We’re bringing the next generation of heroes to the forefront in a major way and swinging for the fences in terms of story, stakes and scale,” Smith continued. “Outlawed introduces an ongoing status quo that will be reflected in books across the line—almost every active character who’s under 21 (and even a few who are older) will be affected by the decisions made in Outlawed, and they won’t all agree on whether the new world order is good or bad. But there are real, serious consequences now for those who go against the ruling passed down in Outlawed, and it’ll interfere with their lives in a way they’ve never experienced, leading to some really interesting stories.”

Outlawed is due out in March.

Popular in the Community
    https://www.newsarama.com/48201-marv...is-spring.html

[QUOTE=Dragonick;4727351]He'll also be in the oneshot Outlawed in March with Nova and Ms. Marvel

https://www.newsarama.com/48201-marv...is-spring.html[/

wonder whats the reason for making teen superheroes illegal and how will the government know who is a teen or not?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy