Page 1 of 93 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Appreciation 2019

Welcome to the Miles Morales appreciation thread, the thread to discuss all things Miles Morales.
    No character bashing and remember to keep discussions civil please.
    2018 was a great year for Miles so here's hoping 2019 brings even greater things

“A hero isn’t the one who always wins...it’s the one who always tries.”

Respect Thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...5d&sh=0ac8101e
    Last edited by Dragonick; 07-27-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Let us go hard, let us go hard

For we have little time to waste

Let us rise high, rise high

For we must elevate
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

That new thread smell.

Between the Spider-Verse movie, his series relaunching, and Spider-Geddon, I'd say Miles ended 2018 on a high note so I'm looking forward to what Saladin Ahmed got planned for this year.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Happy New Year to Miles Morales and all his fans .
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That new thread smell.

Between the Spider-Verse movie, his series relaunching, and Spider-Geddon, I'd say Miles ended 2018 on a high note so I'm looking forward to what Saladin Ahmed got planned for this year.
    Yeah, I'd say Miles had a pretty strong year. Even his appearance in the PS4 game was fairly well-received.

I'd say the only weak point of the year for him was the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Miles Morales and all his fans .

Yeah, I'd say Miles had a pretty strong year. Even his appearance in the PS4 game was fairly well-received.

I'd say the only weak point of the year for him was the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.
    I kind of tapped out on that cartoon. Kind of felt like a “we want are cake and eat it too” kind of deal where they wanted a back to basics Peter while simultaneously including all the other Spiders and it just haven’t worked. Like I feel the PS4 game did a good job more organically adding Miles to Peters supporting cast but not so much in the cartoon.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I kind of tapped out on that cartoon. Kind of felt like a “we want are cake and eat it too” kind of deal where they wanted a back to basics Peter while simultaneously including all the other Spiders and it just haven’t worked. Like I feel the PS4 game did a good job more organically adding Miles to Peters supporting cast but not so much in the cartoon.
    I think you hit the nail on the head on one of the bigger issues with the cartoon.

The funny thing in the PS4 game is that Miles is voiced by the same VA as the cartoon (Nadji Jeter), so it goes to show just how much of a difference writing can make with a character's portrayal or how they are integrated into the story.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

The most underrated part about Into the Spider-Verse is all the Miles fanart it produced.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    The most underrated part about Into the Spider-Verse is all the Miles fanart it produced.

Last edited by Venomous Mask; 01-01-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I was certainly a fan of Miles before thanks to Champions and have pondered whether to get his post Secret Wars run, but seeing Spider-Verse is now making me think I should start from the very, very beginning for him.

So reading Champions #1 relaunch, I'm all the more certain of getting the next upcoming issues because of that ending with Miles.

spoilers:
    The comic fan blood in me is boiling at the thought of Mephisto involving himself with another Spider-Character. Is there something going on in Miles' book right now that's causing Mephisto to get involved? Or is this just a Champions thing?
    end of spoilers

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

This needs to become an actual story:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsCkVUiF...ource=ig_embed
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    This needs to become an actual story:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsCkVUiF...ource=ig_embed
    So mephisto is messing with miles now.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I was certainly a fan of Miles before thanks to Champions and have pondered whether to get his post Secret Wars run, but seeing Spider-Verse is now making me think I should start from the very, very beginning for him.

So reading Champions #1 relaunch, I'm all the more certain of getting the next upcoming issues because of that ending with Miles.

spoilers:
    The comic fan blood in me is boiling at the thought of Mephisto involving himself with another Spider-Character. Is there something going on in Miles' book right now that's causing Mephisto to get involved? Or is this just a Champions thing?
    end of spoilers
    It might be because
    spoilers:
    Miles beat his son Blackheart at the start of his last series.
    end of spoilers That's the only reason I can think of for him to be messing with Miles.

BANNED

Maybe they will do Miles-Verse and have Comics Miles team up with the Miles of the animation, the PS4 game and ITSV...

Anyway I love Miles Morales. I want the world for this kid. He is the one true high school Spider-Man, truer than Peter Parker ever was. He was conceived from the get-go to reflect a realistic high school world which wasn't true of either Lee-Ditko Spider-Man (who spent most of his time in the Daily Bugle and graduated in Issue #28), and Ultimate Peter (whose high school life was basically the Romita College era transplanted earlier and basically just an excuse to do different Spidey adventures in a new set-up).

The best part...a teenage Miles only really works with a grown-up Peter. So Miles' popularity and brand value diminishes the appeal of high-school Peter...
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-02-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: change

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Art reminds me of a cuter Doc Shaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Maybe they will do Miles-Verse and have Comics Miles team up with the Miles of the animation, the PS4 game and ITSV...
    I think we can skip cartoon Miles .