Page 74 of 93 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1392

Miles got to Venom Blast the Superior Spider-Man on last Sunday's episode of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

Probably the most impressive thing he's done on the show since the episode where he got his powers .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I never said he forced Ganke. He's left the production of a tool he uses to save people's lives up to Ganke and does not help him with it. This is a problem that would not exist if Miles wasn't being irresponsible with it.

Regardless the real reason this situation exists anyways was to create a need for the bio-electric webs. Beforehand we never had any reason to believe Miles wasn't making the webbing himself. The fact that it's still brought up leads me to believe Ahmed is bringing that power back and it gives the implication that because Miles hasn't had a better handle on this so he needs an easy out in the form of webbing he naturally produces rather than finding his own way to handle it.
    Ganke isn't just some guy, yes Miles left the production to him, his best friend, "The Smart One", the guy who has been on this super powered trip with Miles since day 0.

Also: "So we have to make more?"

"When this runs out"

"Uh-oh"

"I was hoping thats where you would come in"

Ganke has always been the one responsible for Miles' webs. he's always been a component to Miles' operation as Spider-Man, him making the webbing is just a more tangible example of that. Not sure what lesson he's supposed to learn, to stop relying on his best friend?

Where are in my post did you get me lowering Ganke's value to Miles. Miles should be better prepared for something this vital to his operation as a super hero running out and not mindlessly leave to someone else regardless of whether or not that person is his best friend. What does he say if something goes wrong? "I'm sorry I couldn't save your husband from falling off that building ma'am. You see my best buddy forgot to make the web fluid and I was out." I'll also once again mention this is probably only an issue because they're probably giving him back his lazy power up.

Incredible Member

My point was the web situation was handled. The setup has worked for YEARS, oh no, he doesn't have the fluid this one time, BETTER LAY IT ALL AT HIS FEET. Things happens, we don't even know the specific reason why its out in this case, and its absolutely not a situation where Miles needs to learn from his "mistake" or better himself or whatever you're expecting. Peter is a genius and in charge of all his gear and even he doesn't have webbing on call at all times. You're giving him way too much crap over what is a minor temporary nuisance at best. Sorry you don't like his electro webs but if Saladin just ignores the fact Miles has them, that is a big writing faux pas, opinions aside, which would sit nicely next to him ignoring that Judge definitely should know Miles is Spider-Man.

I'm not trying to give Miles crap for his actions. I'm criticizing the decisions made in the writing. Miles comes off as irresponsible for even letting this situation get this far. Even when it does happen he doesn't learn from it; he gets a reward. That reward remains in the form of a power he will continue to use even though he doesn't deserve an easier time.

My problem with the new powers comes from how they only serve to undermine Miles as a character. They did not come about to mark a development in the character internally and externally, but as a lazy out for a difficult situation. They also don't seem to be here for some greater exploration of Miles' abilities as that hasn't been the focus of a single story thus far; he's just able to shoot bolts of electricity now with no further questions being posed to what he's capable of.

Ignoring them also wouldn't have even been a problem for Ahmed since Bendis left an out for the future writer; Miles had all of the sudden become sick when this new power manifested and he tires himself out with the venom blast. They could have just written them off and never bothered with them, but they are still being used for some reason. I would rather have them writing more imaginative fight scenes using the powers Miles had at the beginning showing how far he's come by using his powers competently. Instead we have a Miles who just shoots them with lightning and still doesn't know to shut his mouth when he's invisible because it defeats the point of being undetectable if they hear you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    So.
    spoilers:
    So my current theory is that Spider-zero is AU version of Miles' soon to born baby sister. But then again Ahmed isn't writing Spider-Verse so wouldn't be surprised is my theory is already sunk. Speaking of Ahmed, he sure is playing fast and loose with his timeline. Heh. I do wonder if venom webs will rerun....Or not.
    Moving on to AC, it was cool seeing Miles taking control of the symbiote and I like the final design.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My theory is Spider-Zero is the daughter of Miles and Annie May or a version of them.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    spoilers:
    My theory is Spider-Zero is the daughter of Miles and Annie May or a version of them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh boy. If that's the case Miles will will have alternate universe future kids with two female different spider heroes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh boy. If that's the case Miles will will have alternate universe future kids with two female different spider heroes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    "Road to Spider-Harem"
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So? Peter has the same problem, people. In many realities, he's married with MJ and have children. But in other realities, he's married with Gwen Stacy and have children. There are a few more realities where Peter married with other women and had children with them. One of them was Betty Brant, and another one was Felicia Hardy. I don't know right know if there are more.

I don't have a problem with it. I just thought it was funny and if it's the case will probably lead to a silly running gag.

Looking at her I could definitely see the resemblance

spoilers:
    You all are making me want a big interdimensional family reunion, I would such a kick out of that. If we just use canon and implied love interests we have at least five kids here, not to mention whatever weird ones get thrown in.
    end of spoilers

Also for reference here's an interdimensional family tree of Peter's children and wives.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Parke...on_Family_Tree
    Last edited by Dragonick; 10-10-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know what, that theory would explain why Spider-Zero has green eyes. I can dig it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Looking at her I could definitely see the resemblance

spoilers:
    You all are making me want a big interdimensional family reunion, I would such a kick out of that. If we just use canon and implied love interests we have at least five kids here, not to mention whatever weird ones get thrown in.
    end of spoilers

Also for reference here's an interdimensional family tree of Peter's children and wives.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Parke...on_Family_Tree
    Geez!! Peter knows Miles as he knows he's a good boy, but would he be happy with him as his "son-at-law"?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know what, that theory would explain why Spider-Zero has green eyes. I can dig it.
    Is that even possible? A black person having green eyes? Aren't they usually brown?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that even possible? A black person having green eyes? Aren't they usually brown?
    Yeah it's possible. If you have the genetic trait you can have any trait that's typically only seen in other races.