Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Also something with Jason Reynolds
    That's just a page in Marvel Comics #1000.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

In hindsight, it's weird that Spider-Verse wasn't made to be a mini last year instead of Spider-Geddon, but I guess Marvel wanted to hit their event quota.

I hope the Insomniac Spider-Man makes an appearance here.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    In hindsight, it's weird that Spider-Verse wasn't made to be a mini last year instead of Spider-Geddon, but I guess Marvel wanted to hit their event quota.

I hope the Insomniac Spider-Man makes an appearance here.
    I wonder if the cover is accurate to the roster, because we've got Gwen, Annie (RIP Mayday), Gwen, Ham, Sp//dr (in a new mech?), Spider-Ma'am, and...Peter B. Parker?

Possibly not - that cover is by the Into the Spider-Verse designer (which I assume explains that changed SP//dr design).

You said Gwen twice, and missed Miguel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I actually thought is sort of tie-in or comic sequel because the cover.
    It would be neat to see Miles meet AU versions of hisself

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Possibly not - that cover is by the Into the Spider-Verse designer (which I assume explains that changed SP//dr design).

You said Gwen twice, and missed Miguel.
    Guess I had Gwen Stacy on the mind (sorry Miguel) .
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I actually thought is sort of tie-in or comic sequel because the cover.
    It would be neat to see Miles meet AU versions of hisself
    As long as it's not 616 Miles.

Incredible Member

I love Miles to death, but I wished they would have waited a bit to incorporate Miles into 616, like have an actual sit down and plan it out. After seeing Miles From “Into the Spider-verse”, I feel so let down now. To me, that’s how they got Miles right, with that PS4 game naturally evolving him into continuity. 616 is a cluster....

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I love Miles to death, but I wished they would have waited a bit to incorporate Miles into 616, like have an actual sit down and plan it out. After seeing Miles From “Into the Spider-verse”, I feel so let down now. To me, that’s how they got Miles right, with that PS4 game naturally evolving him into continuity. 616 is a cluster....
    I remember hearing most writers who used the character weren't even sure if Miles remembered the Ultimate universe. Which is why we had him clearly remember Venom killing his mom in Cates' Venom, but not knowing what Gwenpool talking about when she mentioned it. Bendis didn't do a great job making it known what the status quo was for Miles which is why Ahmed has to bother dealing with it now. My biggest question is what Miles' new origin is if he's supposed to have always been in 616.

brian confirmed the dual-memory thing in a tumblr post, never brought it up in the book, and then dipped leaving everyone else holding the ball
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Then there was the Spider-Man Vol.2 Annual written by Bryan Edward Hill that gave, Miles a very loose 616 flashback story post spider bite but when he was still reluctant to be a super-hero. It involved him making a makeshift a proto spider suit and fighting a Skrull during the Secret Invasion event. There was a letter from the editor at the back of the annual stating that, yes, Miles does have dual memories floating in his head about his life in Earth 1610 and Earth 616; and they may be interested in having more stories that explore the past 616 memories Miles gained. Although all of this really depends on how or if Saladin Ahmed goes that route.

I have read the annual. I meant more of an establishing of how Miles received Peter's blessing to also be Spider-Man rather than taking a different name.

Incredible Member

That Annual was a mistake lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly wasn't trying to be glib. I like comic Sam a lot. Just seems a little ridiculous how he gets treated or regarded sometimes.
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels kind of late to be doing a Spider-Verse mini that seems to be going for more of the movie feel, but that's just me.
    Stuff like this has a slow turnaround. They also likely didn't figure that the movie would become the huge hit that it did. It's why they didn't plan for it sooner in advance to better tie-in to the movie (as opposed to the Venom hype that led to Eddie getting the Venom Symbiote back, among other things).

Personally, I'm okay with this book. It would have been sooner if they were sleeping on Into the Spiderverse prior to it becoming a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    That's a shame. Champions mentions that they're pretty close so I was hoping to see them interact more. Hopefully we can see something once Sam gets his powers back.
    Some of their interactions took place during the early portions of All-New All-Different Avengers. The early stuff really sold me on their friendship, and we get bits and pieces that show the spark is still there. We definitely need more, and it needs to be more even and consistent, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Sam is my favorite of the three, so it's only fate that he gets cucked the most.
    I know them feels. Being a Sam-fan is nearly like being Sam: suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Stuff like this has a slow turnaround. They also likely didn't figure that the movie would become the huge hit that it did. It's why they didn't plan for it sooner in advance to better tie-in to the movie (as opposed to the Venom hype that led to Eddie getting the Venom Symbiote back, among other things).

Personally, I'm okay with this book. It would have been sooner if they were sleeping on Into the Spiderverse prior to it becoming a hit.
    Kind of reminds me how long it took them to get a new Wonder Woman animated film out there after the success of the live-action movie.

Astonishing Member

Coming Back from San Diego Comic Con, it's absolutely remarkable that I saw so many Miles Morales Costume. To be honest, I think I saw more Miles Morales and Spider Gwen costume than any other costume at Comic Con. Into the Spider Verse really brought these characters to a whole new level.