Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
Results 1,381 to 1,392 of 1392

Did Miles ever speak like a Jewish kid...?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Bendis simply wrote that Miles didn't want to be known as the "Black Spider-Man" and then never really followed up on that although he claimed he would in an interview. Nowhere did it say he was uncomfortable with his race. And no, speaking ocassional spanish slang doesn't make Miles "ghetto."
    The slang, the desire for expensive clothes, and the weird admiration for Biggie Smalls that came out of nowhere. These are all pretty stereotypical "ghetto" kids traits and all things Miles did not do before this run. My problem is that it's really inconsistent to his prior characterization. A black kid not wanting to be identified as black is them being uncomfortable with topics of race as far as I'm concerned. The fact that Bendis never followed up on it is disappointing, but Miles definitely had issues with his racial identity.

Did Miles ever speak like a Jewish kid...?
    I'm pretty sure Miles used some Jewish euphemisms like most Bendis characters.

Here's the preview for issue #14. Looks like the Ultimatum plot might actually be picking up now. Also three artists working on this issue for some reason, not that I'm complaining about it.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 12-27-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Maybe Garron is taking a break this issue. Last issue he only did half of the art.

I wonder if it was a sudden thing, the last time it happened it was because it was stories from different character's perspectives but this seems to all be from Miles' POV. Also from the description looks like the obviously bad idea of writing down Spider-Man stuff in a journal plot is about to start as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I wonder if it was a sudden thing, the last time it happened it was because it was stories from different character's perspectives but this seems to all be from Miles' POV. Also from the description looks like the obviously bad idea of writing down Spider-Man stuff in a journal plot is about to start as well.
    Well, we all knew from the start it was gonna go south. Given that after this Miles is just going to be babysitting I don't think the theory of Miles getting his identity revealed and kicked out of school will happen, but I do wonder what's gonna come from this arc. My prediction is either Dutcher or Shawn finds Miles's journal.

I wonder if Dutcher does find the diary? Since he respects the teenage Spider-Man, it would change his opinion of Miles Morales - granting him an additional confidante, which he may well need once the teen heroes become Outlawed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Here's the preview for issue #14. Looks like the Ultimatum plot might actually be picking up now. Also three artists working on this issue for some reason, not that I'm complaining about it.
    The ghost part is pretty creative
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if Dutcher does find the diary? Since he respects the teenage Spider-Man, it would change his opinion of Miles Morales - granting him an additional confidante, which he may well need once the teen heroes become Outlawed.
    That sounds interesting
    I have feelings it could be Barbara. Since Miles doesn't tell her what's up. It could make their relationship more complicated.

That one of the bad guys recognized it was Spider-Man makes me wonder how publicized Miles' other abilities are.

One thing I've noticed Ahmed do is throw in a woman every now and then with the thugs Miles comes across. I don't know if it's deliberate or anything, but considering most people probably default to gangs of all dudes, I found it a little interesting.

Miles should've realized what she meant when she said "Fisk's cops."
    It's all from Miles' POV, but it looks like they're alternating for different environments/locations.

With 2019 coming to a close what's everyone's hopes for 2020? I personally want more minis and one shots and maybe a different artist, I'm just gonna have to accept Garron's art just doesn't vibe with me.

With 2019 coming to a close what's everyone's hopes for 2020? I personally want more minis and one shots and maybe a different artist, I'm just gonna have to accept Garron's art just doesn't vibe with me.
    While I don’t care for some of Garron’s stylistic choices I’m fine with him. I hope that when Ewing’s Champions run starts she really makes use of Miles and finds her own voice for him or does something closer to Bendis’s. Zub’s run was a massive improvement from Waid in using Miles, but with the team being expanded all of the core team received less attention. As for his solo I can only hope Ahmed focuses more on the characters that are actually important to the story he’s telling and for the voice he has for Miles to really reel back on the slang.

Incredible Member

A proper Miles and Peter team up, been quite awhile outside the few handful of panels, it'd feel kinda weird to me if Peter has no engagement whatsoever with Ultimatum when his identity is eventually revealed.