Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

There's actually three Cartoon Mileses. Into the Spider-Verse, Ultimate (Kid Arachnid), and the current Disney XD cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For anyone who read today's issue of Champions spoilers:
    anyone have any theories on what Miles sold to Mephisto in their deal? He doesn't have a marriage to give away so that's out. I thought something like his memories originally, but he seems to remember everything just fine. The only thing I can think of that would interest Mephisto would be his soul or servitude. Ghost Spider v3 inbound?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    anyone have any theories on what Miles sold to Mephisto in their deal? He doesn't have a marriage to give away so that's out. I thought something like his memories originally, but he seems to remember everything just fine. The only thing I can think of that would interest Mephisto would be his soul or servitude. Ghost Spider v3 inbound?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have my own theory on why Miles might of made a deal with Mephisto if that one page in the issue is any kind of clue. But as to the cost Miles has to pay, for my money it may be a metaphorical cost like, "the trust of his teammates" or something. Just going to have to read the next issues and hope our boy and his teammates can pull through this ordeal to come.
    end of spoilers

I have loved this lil guy since his comic series origin. Having seen the movie over the weekend I just can't believe how great it was done. There's something special about seeing Miles literally grow into a hero that has charm, wit, big heart and cojones. It was nice to see the concept of anyone can be the hero play out on the big screen. This movie hit a lot of the same notes that Black Panther hit in terms of respect for the characters and depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    I have my own theory on why Miles might of made a deal with Mephisto if that one page in the issue is any kind of clue. But as to the cost Miles has to pay, for my money it may be a metaphorical cost like, "the trust of his teammates" or something. Just going to have to read the next issues and hope our boy and his teammates can pull through this ordeal to come.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It could be he's arranged for Sam to get repowered somehow. But nobody else is aware, not even Sam himself. In any case, looking at the cover, SOMETHING upsets Kamala in issue 3!
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's actually three Cartoon Mileses. Into the Spider-Verse, Ultimate (Kid Arachnid), and the current Disney XD cartoon.
    Man, just comparing his treatment in the cartoons to the movies, Miles has come pretty far adaption-wise.

Miles is babysitting Thor's baby sister (!) in Journey into Mystery.
    https://www.themcelroy.family/2019/1...y-into-mystery

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles is babysitting Thor's baby sister (!) in Journey into Mystery.
    https://www.themcelroy.family/2019/1...y-into-mystery
    Didn't realize Thor had a baby sister. Doubt Thor will pay Miles for his services
    (Also, first meeting of Miles and Kate)

According to Phillip Lord there was a lot of Ganke in the movie 18 months ago, but for obvious reasons it got left out:
    There was a lot of Ganke in the movie about 18 months ago but when they borrowed so much of Ganke for Ned we worried auds would think we were ripping off Homecoming so we simplified his story and left it for the next movie
    https://twitter.com/philiplord/statu...92039195324418

Also super interested in seeing how Miles ends up with this group in Journey Into Mystery.

Good point. How will Miles react to meeting the 616 counterpart of his ex? Does he remember Hydra Katie?

And will Gwenpool (a fourth wall breaker, remember) find out about this and tell Kate to say hello to Miles for her?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Preview for #2 is out.

Who knew a Miles/Rhino team-up was the buddy comic I always wanted?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

"aw thanks rhin--"

"HEY UH KID FUGGEDABOUTET DON'T GET YA WEBS IN MUH WAY I'M WALKIN HERE YA EVA PLAY SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES EEEEEH I COULD REALLY GO FOR A HOT DOG RIGHT NOW YUNNO UGH TOURISTS AMIRITE?"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Good continuity catch there with him being hired by Kingpin.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Preview for #2 is out.

Who knew a Miles/Rhino team-up was the buddy comic I always wanted?
    This reminds me of that episode of Spectacular where Spidey and Rhino ended up kind of teaming-up to destroy that chip with the design for Rhino's armor. Ahmed's writing Rhino more like O'Hirn then Systevich too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Miles is originally from another universe, right ? So maybe he made a deal to keep those memories, right ?
    end of spoilers