Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1392

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Champions #10 was a pretty neat send-off for the series even though it was abruptly cancelled. It actually tied up the loose ends with Blackheart from Bendis' run.

Miles and Kamala also had a cameo in Marvel #1001. Apparently at some point when they were on the Avengers (or maybe the early Champions days) they had a prank war. lol
    It was drawn by Ramos, so I assumed it was set during Waid's Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Miles is getting a The End oneshot

MILES MORALES: THE END #1
    Writer: SALADIN AHMED
    Artist: DAMION SCOTT
    THE FINAL MILES MORALES STORY!
    Humanity makes its last stand in the only place strong enough to survive: BROOKLYN. Former Spider-Man, Miles Morales, leads the last bastion of civilization into the future! Penned by MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN author SALADIN AHMED!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-th...america-venom/
    I'm definitely looking forward to this. Also nice to finally get a real future Miles story.
    Uh...cool I guess? Feels a little too soon to be doing this kind of thing for Miles, but it should be an interesting story.

Miles is getting a The End oneshot

MILES MORALES: THE END #1
    Writer: SALADIN AHMED
    Artist: DAMION SCOTT
    THE FINAL MILES MORALES STORY!
    Humanity makes its last stand in the only place strong enough to survive: BROOKLYN. Former Spider-Man, Miles Morales, leads the last bastion of civilization into the future! Penned by MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN author SALADIN AHMED!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-th...america-venom/
    I'm definitely looking forward to this. Also nice to finally get a real future Miles story.
    Here's the cover, and that's another alternate costume for, Miles when he dons his mask in PS4'S Spider-Man 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Uh...cool I guess? Feels a little too soon to be doing this kind of thing for Miles, but it should be an interesting story.
    Yeah I probably would have kept this one shot in my pocket until 2021 when we'll be celebrating Miles' 10th anniversary since his creation. But considering how much of a hot commodity our boy is right now I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 10-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, we've gotten an Old!Kamala Khan in Saladin's Exiles and Old!Sam Alexander and Viv over in Old Man Quill, so I'd say it's fair game.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Here's the cover, and that's another alternate costume for, Miles when he dons his mask in PS4'S Spider-Man 2.
    You mean the "civvie" Into the Spider-Verse look? Because that's basically what it is, just with an exposed face that they wouldn't use for the game.

I guess they've got that and the actual Into the Spider-Verse look. Not really much other alternate looks for Miles come to think of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, we've gotten an Old!Kamala Khan in Saladin's Exiles and Old!Sam Alexander and Viv over in Old Man Quill, so I'd say it's fair game.
    That still seems kind of excessive to me, but whatever.

Just like with Old Man Hawkeye throwing Kate Bishop in there writers can't help but throw in newer characters when they want to use them.

Old Woman Laura in the last All-New Wolverine arc too.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Old Woman Laura in the last All-New Wolverine arc too.
    I liked Old Woman Laura, mostly because the future there didn't completely go to s*** like so many other alternate future timelines.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I liked Old Woman Laura, mostly because the future there didn't completely go to s*** like so many other alternate future timelines.
    Well, it was the feel-good Wolverine series...

Preview for issue #11
    https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...spider-man-11/
    I never expected how good it would feel to see Miles' costume (at least mostly) drawn correctly and in an artstyle I enjoy in his own solo again. Also anyone else feel weird that Miles has been shooting the Venom Sting like a laser, but he hasn't acknowledged that he's never been able to do that before?

Preview for issue #11
    I never expected how good it would feel to see Miles' costume (at least mostly) drawn correctly and in an artstyle I enjoy in his own solo again. Also anyone else feel weird that Miles has been shooting the Venom Sting like a laser, but he hasn't acknowledged that he's never been able to do that before?
    An evolution of his powers perhaps? Maybe it's just him having better control over his "Super Venom Blast"; or maybe it's him using it to channel a stronger output for his energy threads making them look like lasers. So many theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You still ended up with some heroes captured, including Miles. But yeah, it definitely wasn't a dystopia. Heck, the Champions say they'll change the world, and Kamala sure got herself into the perfect place to do that - she was the POTUS!

Preview for issue #11
    Classic "strong as the plot demands" Venom Blast .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    An evolution of his powers perhaps? Maybe it's just him having better control over his "Super Venom Blast"; or maybe it's him using it to channel a stronger output for his energy threads making them look like lasers. So many theories.
    It's a totally fair evolution, just the fact that the "Super Venom Blast" was a body explosion and the energy threads exist showed that Miles could project the energy through the air. I just found it weird that it's not acknowledged as being new. Could also be from when he was Captain Universe and fused the two energies.

Classic "strong as the plot demands" Venom Blast .
    You mean like every other energy blast ability?

You mean like every other energy blast ability?
    Maybe? I guess the question is how much control he has over how powerful it is. He's never seemed to cater it to the situation before.

Preview for issue #11
    Miles has had this since issue 5 I think; it's just that the different art style has changed it from a bolt of electricity to a straight up energy beam. People are probably going to be annoyed by me constantly saying this, but I really hate this power. I read Champions # 10 which had Miles using his venom strike the same way he did in Bendis' run and seeing this preview is really jarring. I really hope there's an actual story Ahmed is planning based around this power otherwise the power creep just seems totally pointless and bizarre for Spider-Man.