Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1392

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    He'll also be in the oneshot Outlawed in March with Nova and Ms. Marvel

https://www.newsarama.com/48201-marv...is-spring.html
    Wow, I really thought these kids were going to avoid this kind of thing. Uh Oh .

I wonder what happens that sets this off. A teen hero gets killed or causes an incident on par with Stamford? I wonder if it'll be a name. It sounds like something bad happened to Viv.

It seems kind of weird to me to just target the younger vigilante's instead of the older ones as well, but I guess from an authority perspective it's even more dangerous to leave minors out there doing the things the adult heroes do, even if it's not like the adult heroes have much more legitimate authority or professional standing by comparison.

As far as consequences...well, I guess we'll see the teen heroes who agree with the law retiring, while the rest will become fugitives. Will some of them get arrested and outed? Will the adult heroes be expected to bring them in? Riri and Nadia have public identities so it's not like they could get away with being heroes anymore.

If Eve Ewing is writing the new Champions book, I'm guessing the premise will be now the team has to be heroes while also being on the run from the law, so they might go underground. Of course that will also be true for solo books. I guess Miles will finally get a feel for what it's like when Spider-Man is wanted by the police.

From the preview it looks like something called the Coles disaster

From the preview it looks like something called the Coles disaster
    Either they couldn't stop the dragon or somebody screwed up in the field.

I see Bombshell, Power Man, and Pinpoint.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

[QUOTE=Jman27;4727374]
    He'll also be in the oneshot Outlawed in March with Nova and Ms. Marvel

https://www.newsarama.com/48201-marv...is-spring.html[/

wonder whats the reason for making teen superheroes illegal and how will the government know who is a teen or not?
    This seems like it's spinning out of Incoming so I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Champions ends up getting killed off in that book. That death being the big trigger of the resulting fallout.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

[QUOTE=CrimsonEchidna;4727509]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

This seems like it's spinning out of Incoming so I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Champions ends up getting killed off in that book. That death being the big trigger of the resulting fallout.
    I know Viv was on the cover for Incoming, but it sounds like it's her.

The wording doesn't sound right for that. They'd have just outright said it. I think she was only damaged, not destroyed. Kamala was probably hurt as well, that'd explain why she wasn't at Congress - the incident happened at her school - Coles Academical!

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wonder whats the reason for making teen superheroes illegal and how will the government know who is a teen or not?
    The Forums. Anyone on there is probably a teen.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

how often has Miles been portrayed as going to a school dance? has he ever had to duck out to become Spider-Man?

Now here's something to think about. Miles's diary gets discovered in February's issue of his solo, and we know that Miles's book will tie in to this Outlawed storyline. What if his secret identity is outed?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Now here's something to think about. Miles's diary gets discovered in February's issue of his solo, and we know that Miles's book will tie in to this Outlawed storyline. What if his secret identity is outed?
    A Spider-Man with his secret identity as public knowledge. Remember what happened the last time that happened? That being said, this Outlawed story arc sounds a lot like what could have been a semi-reasonable compromise after the Stamford Incident that precipitated the original Civil War; since it was a band of teenage heroes at the center of that calamity, the regulations could have just been that anyone under 18-19 trying to be a superpowered crimefighter needed to be trained by an Avengers Academy or something like that before they could go out and fight crime, instead of forcing everyone --- even those who'd already long since proven their capability and worth --- to register. I could see it turning out slightly like My Hero Academia if it works out positively enough, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how often has Miles been portrayed as going to a school dance? has he ever had to duck out to become Spider-Man?
    Not often enough to be notable. Miles’s school life was pretty underdeveloped under Bendis and is only just now getting fleshed out. It’s why I don’t really buy Miles getting outed. There’s no point in even introducing characters from the school to only throw it all away.

I feel like somebody's going to get outed if only because (as far as I'm aware) most of the main teen heroes have secret identities and in all likelihood someone is going to get caught breaking the law.

Niffleheim

Miles' Journal is fodder for blackmail - he could be blackmailed to go to congress to testify wearing his mask lol!

Especially if he happened to mention Kamala's secret identity in that diary. Might not just be his own at risk of getting outed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like somebody's going to get outed if only because (as far as I'm aware) most of the main teen heroes have secret identities.
    Eh, not really. Look at the Champions membership. Only the main three and Bombshell have secret identities. On the Young Avengers, nobody at all does. Squirrel Girl got outed just before her book ended, Spider-Gwen was outed on her own world and came to 616 to regain a secret identity.

It's the same at DC, it's really just the Bat and Super families that have secret IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's the same at DC, it's really just the Bat and Super families that have secret IDs.
    I know at least The Flash still has a secret identity and I believe Green Arrow as well. The problem with a lot of those characters is that they have underdeveloped lives in their secret IDs so losing them doesn’t mean much. If Supes and Bats lost theirs it would truncate a huge part of their character (that won’t stop Bendis though ), but for a lot of the others it really doesn’t affect how their stories are told a majority of the time.
    It’s why I’m kind of afraid for Miles. His civilian life is so half baked and has only recently started getting fleshed out. If he loses it then he becomes like a lot of other Marvel heroes; using other super heroes as their supporting cast.