Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
Relatively late response, but I am in agreement with this, and it seems to be a trend for Miles' overall narrative as Spider-Man of recent, even beyond Saladin's writing. I am not the biggest fan of how it feels like the width and breadth of Miles' power is being downplayed, ignored, or simplified. I agree that these powers are part -- an important part -- of what makes Miles Morales Spider-Man so freaking awesome. To see that's he's been leaning toward the more (stereo)typical superhero style of "just punch it" does make me disheartened towards this new trend.

I've also never been able to vibe with the apparent critique that Miles is somehow "overpowered" and needs to nerfed. In truth, while I try my best not to let it bother me, there are times when I catch myself almost wincing whenever I see that laid out or see others praise Miles being oversimplified and downplaying/ignoring his unique powers. Part of me feels that's from the stigma that's heldover from Miles' earlier, more vocally apparent hate-filled days when he was super-new. Though Miles haters aren't gone, they're much less easily heard, yet I feel the stigma created from that hate lives on in a way, even among Miles' fans.

In other news, I do hope they take the opportunity to get Miles in a Symbiote. And hopefully when they do, it'll have an unique and iconic design befitting of Miles Morales' unique and iconic Spider-Man costume.
Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
I don't know why, but I almost always love Miles and Aaron's interactions with each other. I know someone said they felt it was too soon to see Uncle Aaron again after his last big return, but I'm glad he's still around. Point to Ahmed for still using him.

Kinda sad that he (at least allegedly) has given up his wicked cool Iron Spider armor. I loved that look, in general and on Aaron. Would have liked for him to have held on to it. Not so much for antagonizing his nephew, directly or indirectly, but just because of the possibilities it affords the character. It could allow him to be in Spider-Man's life as one of his life-lines he could call to the front when needed; team-ups and such.

Granted, he should still have that slick Prowler suit of his stashed away. And he did ask Miles if he wanted back-up when they heard that shot, implying he's not afraid to costume-up if need be. Maybe one day.

As for is he's really gone straight, or some Aaron-centric interpretation thereof, that remains to be seen. This is Aaron Davis after all; he does have a way with words and can be super charismatic when he wants to be. That said, I do believe he genuinely loves Miles and is enamored and moved with Miles' commitment to being a Superhero
I'm in complete agreement with everything you've said, very well put.

Honestly I'm a little nervous about the possible symbiote suit. The design really does have to be iconic, as Miles has almost explicitly been kept away from any situation where he could be exposed to a symbiote. It's also hard because the suits tend to be dark and "simple" in design and Miles' suit is already like that,