Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Watched the Blu Ray version of Into the Spider-Verse last night. Was concerned that a home viewing of the film would feel inadequate when compared to the theatrical experience, but it was diminished it wasn't by much. It's such a good film, I am eagerly awaiting any future sequels or spin-offs.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So over in Marvel Uprising, while on an Empire State U. tour with Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Inferno, Miles expressed interesting in learning more about the English Department, though he wasn't sure specifically what major he wanted to focus in. Was a nice little tie in to him getting into creative writing in his solo.
    That fits with the Marvel Rising books referencing stuff in the actual comics.

So, I wasn't a fan of Miles' but I had decided to give his new series a go. I'm fresh after reading issue #3 and I must say I had never expected to be invested in Miles' character as much as I am right now.
    He is far from being my favorite Spider-Dude but I'm looking forward to his next adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That fits with the Marvel Rising books referencing stuff in the actual comics.
    Yeah, Rising print material is set in 616 and is not based on the TV show. That's why the new comic used Miles instead of Gwen, Spider-Gwen being an AU character in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Power Pack one was a clear goof by the creators and/or editors. Alex was away from 616 at the time (the Future Foundation didn't come home with Reed, Sue, Franklin and Valeria and instead continued travelling the multiverse) and thus shouldn't have been Warped at all.

And nobody is supposed to be Warped twice. That's why Ironheart wasn't in Iron Hammer - she was Warped with Shuri instead and appeared in Ghost Panther as Shuriri (Sif didn't appear either, so I imagine Riri's Warp would've been with her if they'd put her with the other Iron Men - the Warriors Three were Warped with War Machine, Rescue, and Iron Patriot).
    To be honest, maybe some warps were unstable and needed to be "perfectioned". I mean, The Warrior Three Machines should have been other characters, using individual who used Iron Man's or War Machine's armors in the past, like Happy Hogan (his name makes me think he could be merged with Hogun). So, Toni and Pepper could have been warped with Sif, Valkyrie or even Jane Foster.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So, I wasn't a fan of Miles' but I had decided to give his new series a go. I'm fresh after reading issue #3 and I must say I had never expected to be invested in Miles' character as much as I am right now.
    He is far from being my favorite Spider-Dude but I'm looking forward to his next adventures.
    Yeah, I think Saladin has done a pretty good job addressing the more glaring issues that had plagued Bendis' run.

I think my main hope now is seeing a major arc involving his mom, Rio.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah, I think Saladin has done a pretty good job addressing the more glaring issues that had plagued Bendis' run.

I think my main hope now is seeing a major arc involving his mom, Rio.
    what were the issues observed during Mr. Bendis' tenure?

One glaring issue I noticed was with Cable. He appears at the end of an issue to recruit Miles for the new SHIELD, but that storyline ended up folding into Invincible Iron Man 600, after which it was abandoned entirely due to Bendis leaving the two books. Cable was also about to be snatched away due to Extermination, so even if Bendis didn't defect to DC that storyline would've had a problem. A clear example of lack of communication there - they should never have given permission for him to use Cable.

The final arc of Bendis's Spider-Man involved the Champions, and the roster is impossible. Cyclops is still present, but Champions later revealed that Spider-Man 239-240 takes place after Champions 21. Scott left the team in issue 18 and thus Bendis should've used Unstoppable Wasp, who joined in that issue, instead. Another communications fail! He wasn't just using Waid's roster instead of Zub's - he included Ironheart, who, as one of his own characters, Bendis probably had been informed was joining the team, which is how she was kept active until her solo launched.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what were the issues observed during Mr. Bendis' tenure?
    The big ones, for me anyway, was the lack of development of Miles' supporting cast outside of his dad and Ganke, and the lack of creation of new rogues. The way Bendis choose to use the venom blast was also a really touchy subject, but that's kind of beating a dead horse lol

The colorist for Champions uploaded this from issue five

interestingly it seems Miles is still in the issue despite being in Journey Into Mystery. Maybe he disappears during the issue until War of the Realms is over.

He also posted a pic of Kamala with what seems to be a shocked expression on her face. I wonder if they're both from the same scene, and that's her hand holding Spidey's mask?

spoilers:
    Miles has quit the team. Mephisto isn't done with him though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The colorist for Champions uploaded this from issue five

interestingly it seems Miles is still in the issue despite being in Journey Into Mystery. Maybe he disappears during the issue until War of the Realms is over.
    Given the context of what happened in Issue #4, I'm going to assume that this is actually a flashback to Kamala given Miles that peptalk after the school shooting incident.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Champions spoilers:
    Zub did remember the Black Heart thing. Either he's got plans for this plot later and Miles will be back or Miles is gon for good and this plot for the Spidey books
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One glaring issue I noticed was with Cable. He appears at the end of an issue to recruit Miles for the new SHIELD, but that storyline ended up folding into Invincible Iron Man 600, after which it was abandoned entirely due to Bendis leaving the two books. Cable was also about to be snatched away due to Extermination, so even if Bendis didn't defect to DC that storyline would've had a problem. A clear example of lack of communication there - they should never have given permission for him to use Cable.

The final arc of Bendis's Spider-Man involved the Champions, and the roster is impossible. Cyclops is still present, but Champions later revealed that Spider-Man 239-240 takes place after Champions 21. Scott left the team in issue 18 and thus Bendis should've used Unstoppable Wasp, who joined in that issue, instead. Another communications fail! He wasn't just using Waid's roster instead of Zub's - he included Ironheart, who, as one of his own characters, Bendis probably had been informed was joining the team, which is how she was kept active until her solo launched.
    Brian ending one of if not the longest run for a writer in Marvel history with a glaring continuity error is the most Bendis thing ever.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate