Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1392
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'd definitely be up for that, not every spider has to be street level forever, it'd be something interesting to see. On a related note is there a name for the level of heroics between street and cosmic? I personally refer to it as international, but I've never really seen any term for it.
    That's because street and cosmic are simply locations or settings and not really power levels. Cosmic settings may have more impressive power levels, but that's mostly because in a cosmic setting, characters have more space to cut loose in ways that they wouldn't be able to in a more densely populated location like the streets of a city on Earth. Street settings are more down to Earth, literally speaking, so characters have to be a lot more careful unless they want to cause mass destruction of population centers trying to get at their opponents.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Issue #3 of the AC tie in was probably my favorite of the three issues, pretty cool ending that has me looking forward to the rest of Absolute Carnage even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Issue #3 of the AC tie in was probably my favorite of the three issues, pretty cool ending that has me looking forward to the rest of Absolute Carnage even more now.
    The ending was definitely cool and I want to see how it plays out in the main event. (spoil)It's also a nice detail that now that Miles is in control the suit looks different, I want to see how it looks in the main book now.(/spoli)

And as for today's issue I really enjoyed the art for this issue, and it's really nice to be able to say that again. Over all it's a good issue, Miles just can't catch a break and things are only getting worse. I also like the designs of these goons their costumes are really solid.

spoilers:
    If I have any complaints it's that I'm still unsure about the whole baby situation. Babies cause a huge dilemma in serialized comics and very rarely add much to the story. You also can't get rid of them without having to tell a very complex story and an event like that sticks with a character forever. The cliffhanger is definitely more about the baby than Aaron so we'll see how that goes.
    end of spoilers

Wait...
    spoilers:
    If Rio's in labour already, we just had a near nine month timeskip. But the timeline doesn't add up. He's being punished for skipping school (he was really kidnapped, but he can't tell that snake of a vice-principal that, because it would out his Spider-Man identity). But wouldn't the events of issues 8 and 9 have been some time ago, considering he was stated to have not gone out as Spidey for several months afterwards?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

#11 is an okay issue for me.
    spoilers:
    I don't have much to say on this issue. I like all of the smaller things being piled onto Miles one by one to cause a growing sense of urgency, but we won't be able to see the pay off until the next issue. I still don't have a clue what this baby will bring to Miles story and the web fluid situation still fills me with dread as I can't help, but feel it will bring back the bio-electric webs. Although if it doesn't and Miles uses his wits and other powers to get out of next issues predicament I'll be very excited and hopefully Miles will start taking responsibility for the web fluid himself.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait...
    spoilers:
    If Rio's in labour already, we just had a near nine month timeskip. But the timeline doesn't add up. He's being punished for skipping school (he was really kidnapped, but he can't tell that snake of a vice-principal that, because it would out his Spider-Man identity). But wouldn't the events of issues 8 and 9 have been some time ago, considering he was stated to have not gone out as Spidey for several months afterwards?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm pretty confident that issue 10's visual gags with the balloons and candles are a soft confirmation from Ahmed that Miles' age doesn't matter for now and that he's going to maintain this setting for the foreseeable future. He also wants to add in the baby for his story and rather than strictly adhering to continuity and some timeline that only Marvel's editorial office is privy to he's just saying screw it and saying the baby's being born now. I can see how this may bother some, but I personally think having a loose regard for the timeline of the Marvel universe is fine so long as it doesn't contradict anything happening in another book. Also Kamala's nephew was conceived and born in a relatively short amount of time.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Modamy; 10-09-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Not this short. And considering the Absolute Carnage tie-in, this probably contradicts ASM.

By the way, you forgot your closing spoiler tag.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

So.
    spoilers:
    So my current theory is that Spider-zero is AU version of Miles' soon to born baby sister. But then again Ahmed isn't writing Spider-Verse so wouldn't be surprised is my theory is already sunk. Speaking of Ahmed, he sure is playing fast and loose with his timeline. Heh. I do wonder if venom webs will rerun....Or not.
    Moving on to AC, it was cool seeing Miles taking control of the symbiote and I like the final design.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm surprised Miles' final Absolute Carnage issue came out this week instead of next since it kind of gives away that

spoilers:
    Miles is going to be the cavalry to back up Eddie and Peter.
    end of spoilers

Still was a really sweet issue.

I really enjoyed Miles Morales #11. Drutcher putting Miles on Academic Probation makes sense given the fact that he's now had two lengthy unexplained absences due to getting kidnapped (once over in Riri's title and again in the previous arc.) Miles might also need to finally bring Judge into the loop so that he and Ganke can just create the formula in their dorm room.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    So.
    spoilers:
    So my current theory is that Spider-zero is AU version of Miles' soon to born baby sister. But then again Ahmed isn't writing Spider-Verse so wouldn't be surprised is my theory is already sunk. Speaking of Ahmed, he sure is playing fast and loose with his timeline. Heh. I do wonder if venom webs will rerun....Or not.
    Moving on to AC, it was cool seeing Miles taking control of the symbiote and I like the final design.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And that's another costume for Miles in the PS4/PS5 Spider-Man sequel, especially if symbiotes will be involved. How many are we at now?
    end of spoilers]

What exactly was the web fluid problem again? Is it a money thing or a getting lab time thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    And that's another costume for Miles in the PS4/PS5 Spider-Man sequel, especially if symbiotes will be involved. How many are we at now?
    end of spoilers]
    - Comic-accurate costume

- Into the Spider-Verse store bought costume

- Shadow Spider costume

- Into the Spider-Verse actual costume

- Captain Universe

-Proto suit from the annual

-Proto suit from the IDW comic

So between eight or nine, it depends on how different the game original version is, if they give him the Captain Universe costume, and what they do with the symbiote.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 10-09-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    What exactly was the web fluid problem again? Is it a money thing or a getting lab time thing?
    Miles has left making the web fluid entirely up to Ganke, who's also been paying for it out of his own pocket and can't use materials from the school since they keep track of that stuff and would know he's been stealing them. Now Ganke doesn't have the cash to pay for the supplies and Miles is left with a single web cartridge. This has been an ongoing issue made clear towards the end of Bendis' run. So now it seems that we're getting a story where Miles suffers the consequences of never taking responsibility for this or even helping to pay for it or a story where Miles gets back his bio-electric webs and gets off scott free for being irresponsible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Miles has left making the web fluid entirely up to Ganke, who's also been paying for it out of his own pocket and can't use materials from the school since they keep track of that stuff and would know he's been stealing them. Now Ganke doesn't have the cash to pay for the supplies and Miles is left with a single web cartridge. This has been an ongoing issue made clear towards the end of Bendis' run. So now it seems that we're getting a story where Miles suffers the consequences of never taking responsibility for this or even helping to pay for it or a story where Miles gets back his bio-electric webs and gets off scott free for being irresponsible.
    You make it sound like Miles forced Ganke into this position. He didn't even know Ganke was fronting money for the webbing in the first place until Ganke mentioned it himself, and Ganke definitely isn't holding it against Miles either, as he put it himself, it was his contribution to Miles' duties as Spider-Man. While im not saying Miles couldn't put more of a foot forward in terms of getting his own Webbing, it was very much a role lovingly supported by Ganke as his best friend and #1 hypeman for Miles as Spider-Man and not something Miles should be scrutinized for being "irresponsible" about.

I never said he forced Ganke. He's left the production of a tool he uses to save people's lives up to Ganke and does not help him with it. This is a problem that would not exist if Miles wasn't being irresponsible with it.

Regardless the real reason this situation exists anyways was to create a need for the bio-electric webs. Beforehand we never had any reason to believe Miles wasn't making the webbing himself. The fact that it's still brought up leads me to believe Ahmed is bringing that power back and it gives the implication that because Miles hasn't had a better handle on this so he needs an easy out in the form of webbing he naturally produces rather than finding his own way to handle it.