Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I could see that happening, though with Aaron having somewhat promised Miles he'd turn over a new leaf, or at least keep out of trouble, in the finale of Brian Bendis's run, not sure how Aaron trying to overthrow Tombstone would come off. Backsliding's been known to happen, but I'm thinking Miles would be a little disappointed, to say the least.
    It could be a matter of playing with interpretation. Maybe Aaron's method of going straight is to make a power grab as a crime boss and clean up the streets that way.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It could be a matter of playing with interpretation. Maybe Aaron's method of going straight is to make a power grab as a crime boss and clean up the streets that way.
    Hmm, like Jason Todd when he first appeared as the Red Hood over in Batman? Or for a closer-to-home example, the Shroud back in his first appearances?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

From Bendis's AMA last night:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...omics/egtxwk7/
    Hey BMB, love your work—how far do you plan to take Naomi going forward? Are you trying to make her more or less contained in her own stories or will we be seeing her showing up more often years down the line, either under you or other writers?

BENDIS: To answer your question about NAOMI ... as you can see from the just-released cover to issue 6, she is coming to be part of the DC Universe with a fresh perspective. I'm very excited to see what other writers do with her. I love what the writers are doing with Miles and Jessica, for example, I love sharing characters and seeing them move on past us.
    I actually more directly asked about his opinion of Miles and Riri's new books, which he didn't reply to (he didn't answer any Marvel questions, except for one about the Spider-Verse film). Well this answers what he thinks of Ahmed's work at least. He approves. Thompson's work on Jessica Jones being liked wasn't a surprise as he actually chose her as his successor on that title, but he didn't choose his replacement on Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's the Miles Solicits for May

WAR OF THE REALMS: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #2 (of 5)
    Clint, Justin, Travis & Griffin MCELROY (W) • André Lima Araújo (A)
    Cover by VALERIO SCHITI & DAVID CURIEL
    Variant Cover by Rahzzah
    THE McELROYS TAKE MILES MORALES AND COMPANY CAMPING!
    Looks like Balder and his babysitting team have more than fire goblins and foul diapers to worry about! A marshmallow-roasting campout in the Midwest goes up in flames when deadly shape-shifting aliens make a campfire appearance! But the real danger is barreling down the highway behind them. Ares, the Greek God of War, is hot on baby Laussa’s trail. If Balder the Brave, Wonder Man, Sebastian Druid, Kate Bishop, Miles Morales and Deathlocket are going to stay ahead of him…Kate’s gonna have to teach one of them to drive.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WAR OF THE REALMS: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #3 (of 5)
    Clint, Justin, Travis & Griffin MCELROY (W) • André Lima Araújo (A)
    Cover by VALERIO SCHITI & DAVID CURIEL
    Variant Cover by Kevin Nowlan
    GO WEST, YOUNG GOD!
    Marvel’s long-dead Western heroes join the War of the Realms! But whose side are they on?! It’s up to Miles Morales to find out! And baby Laussa seems to be up to more than a game of peekaboo. The little goddess is acting strange again — and her charms may add fuel to the fire!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #6
    SALADIN AHMED (W)
    JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by Marco D’Alfonso
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES
    VARIANT COVER BY YOON LEE
    • Who is STARLING?! …And is she single?
    • Er, we mean, is she going to help stop Tombstone, or is she about to make the .45-thousand-caliber war for Brooklyn even deadlier?
    • The last thing he needs is another complication at school. Good thing high school is, like, a very chill, logical place — oh wait.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    New villain inbound? Also I'm a little surprised this thing with Tombstone is still going on, but this looks pretty cool.

IRONHEART #6

EVE L. EWING (W), KEVIN LIBRANDA (A)

Cover by STEFANO CASELLI

Miles Morales has gone missing! Who better to search for him than someone he's never actually gotten along that well with?! Riri and Miles find themselves caught in an unexpected trap and will have to work together if they're going to make it out in one piece.

32 pages, $3.99.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SHURI #8
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • RACHAEL STOTT (A)
    Cover by KIRBI FAGAN
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY HEEJIN JEON
    SHURI TAKES UP THE BLACK PANTHER MANTLE ONCE AGAIN!
    Nnedi Okorafor returns alongside rising star artist Rachael Stott with a brand-new arc! But this is a Black Panther you’ve never seen before — one who will change Wakanda forever. Something has stolen pieces of the Djalia, the plane of Wakandan memory, and it’s up to the Princess of Wakanda to save it. But for every piece of the Djalia lost, a piece of Shuri disappears as well. Will a new suit be enough to save herself and her nation?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

MARVEL RISING #3 (OF 5)
    NILAH MAGRUDER (W) • ROBERTO DI SALVO (A)
    Cover by AUDREY MOK
    THE HOME OF THE INHUMANS GETS A MEDIEVAL MAKEOVER!
    Morgan le Fay’s moving to New Jersey, and she’s just chosen the location for her castle: New Attilan! But the Inhumans aren’t planning to give up their home to a queen from another age. And with fellow Inhumans Ms. Marvel and Inferno nearby, they’re hoping they won’t have to. The Marvel Rising team joins forces with Iso, Reader, Mosaic and others to save New Attilan — and the whole of New Jersey — from one of the most powerful sorceresses in history!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Miles is gonna be in a lot of stuff come May.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 02-20-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Miles sure is teaming up with various ladies of the Marvel U (Thought he got along fine with RiRI but eh different writer)
    And finally a new villain!

Yeah, they haven't been butting heads in Champions. Most of Riri's antagonism seems to be towards Viv, who's been giving her unwanted kisses.

So is Starling going to try and upstage Bombshell? Or is she going to be Miles' Black Cat equivalent ?

Is Bombshell even still in his solo supporting cast? Ahmed didn't use her so far.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

TBH, the only real extended interaction the two have had was during the Weird World arc so there really isn't an established dynamic yet.

I think with Shuri's comic, I get the feeling that Miles is only on the variant cover since the solicit doesn't mention him appearing in the issue itself.

Like that it looks like we're getting a new villain/anti-hero in Miles' book.

Today's issue was a fairly solid ending to the arc. We got a new villain who's got mind control powers and the ending definitely drops hints that Barbara knows Miles is Spider-Man, but isn't pressuring him to tell her.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

IRONHEART #6

EVE L. EWING (W), KEVIN LIBRANDA (A)

Cover by STEFANO CASELLI

Miles Morales has gone missing! Who better to search for him than someone he's never actually gotten along that well with?! Riri and Miles find themselves caught in an unexpected trap and will have to work together if they're going to make it out in one piece.

32 pages, $3.99.
    I hate Riri's armor it looks like something out of a bad anime, so generic.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-20-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    TBH, the only real extended interaction the two have had was during the Weird World arc so there really isn't an established dynamic yet.

I think with Shuri's comic, I get the feeling that Miles is only on the variant cover since the solicit doesn't mention him appearing in the issue itself.

Like that it looks like we're getting a new villain/anti-hero in Miles' book.

Today's issue was a fairly solid ending to the arc. We got a new villain who's got mind control powers and the ending definitely drops hints that Barbara knows Miles is Spider-Man, but isn't pressuring him to tell her.
    I think there's still a chance he's in Shuri since he and Ms. Marvel team up with her in the issue before it.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...802561025?s=21
    A Young/youngish black female with a possible connection to Vulture. Where have I seen that before?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I think there's still a chance he's in Shuri since he and Ms. Marvel team up with her in the issue before it.
    And Miles is mentioned on the solicit for #6 but not on the cover, which seems to show Black Panther armor forming over Shuri's face. I think #6 and #8's covers are the wrong way around. And that means Miles isn't in issue 8.