Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Miles is mentioned on the solicit for #6 but not on the cover, which seems to show Black Panther armor forming over Shuri's face. I think #6 and #8's covers are the wrong way around. And that means Miles isn't in issue 8.
    Miles isn't mentioned in the solicit for issue #6 of Shuri, only issue #7 alongside Kamala. Still, Issue 6 will probably end with a splash page o,f Shuri meeting the two face to face for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...802561025?s=21
    A Young/youngish black female with a possible connection to Vulture. Where have I seen that before?
    I was wondering if there was a deliberate Vulture connection.

It's also kinda funny that Starling is being introduced the same month that Vulture is getting a tie-in for the Hunted storyline over in Amazing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I ended up doing a full write up of my thoughts on this introduction arc. So far, I'm pretty impressed and I'm looking forward to what Saladin and Javier have in-store going forward.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It's also kinda funny that Starling is being introduced the same month that Vulture is getting a tie-in for the Hunted storyline over in Amazing.
    Be interesting if there's actually an acknowledgement of Starling in that Vulture issue...

Vulturions getting ready to sue.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

What did everyone think of Snatcher? I thought he was pretty decent for what he was and thought it was kinda cool that he was fairly sturdy for a psychic; he'd have to be to have remained conscious after being punched in the head (though that could just be Miles holding back) and tearing his way out of the webbing with his bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    What did everyone think of Snatcher? I thought he was pretty decent for what he was and thought it was kinda cool that he was fairly sturdy for a psychic; he'd have to be to have remained conscious after being punched in the head (though that could just be Miles holding back) and tearing his way out of the webbing with his bare hands.
    There wasn't really a whole lot to the dude. I kind of get the feeling that he'll get used as someone's lackey in the future.

Without a doubt he's pure lackey from what little we've seen he's purely in it for the money and has no greater ambition than that. Which I'm totally fine with not everyone has to be nemesis. I did think it was cool that his mind control causes super powers when used on children, it makes him unique among the psychics in that whenever he shows up he'll have some child weapons that wil have to be restrained peacefully.

Also funny thing, I got reminded today thanks to Comic Pop that Vulture actually did have a black wife in the comics during the Mark Millar's Marvel Knights run. He was trying to steal money because she had been diagnosed with cancer and this was around the time that Peter had tricked JJJ into believing that John Jameson was Spider-man, so Jameson gave him hush money. Peter ended up giving that money to Toomes' wife for her treatment.

So we could see Starlight get retconed into being her daughter or niece.

BANNED

Free Comic Book Day Cover

That book should just be called Spider-Man - it's Venom and a crossover of Friendly Neighborhood and Miles, Spencer isn't involved, so this isn't ASM. That's also an outdated ASM logo, that's the one used after Superior and before Legacy. It should be the classic logo with the joined up The.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

more carnage? hopefully Miles & Peter get to defeat him handily.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I'm curious if they're setting up Spider-Man vs Spider-Man or is it just a small disagreement

Normally they use the FCBD comic to tease the next event. So there's a chance that the next Spider-Man event might be Spider Civil War.