Page 27 of 93 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Yeah, all Spider-Gwen needed was hair extensions as she had shorter hair at the time. Otherwise she can easily pass for 616 Gwen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thanks guys.

Yeah, just really want the Miles stuff. I knew he enters the main MU at some point, but I wasnt sure when/which series that started. I know the basics of ult end, so I'll prob skip that. Nonetheless, weird that it wasnt collected into a miles collection to explain the jump for him.

So, I supose, if I do want to read the jump, I'd need to get the ult end trade?

The jump was actually explained in the last issue of Secret Wars itself. He hands a starving Molecule Man a several days old hamburger. He gratefully rewards Miles by transplanting him and his loved ones to 616 when he and Franklin Richards restore the multiverse. If that hadn't happened, Miles would've had a long blackout, as Ultimate was pretty much the last universe to be restored (revealed in Spider-Men II) - and probably only got restored at all because Bendis wanted to leave it open for other writers having decided to go to DC.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I should really catch up as well. The only post Secret Wars Miles I've really read has been in Champions, and Spider-Men II. Ultimate End was an incredible, disappointing mess to my favorite line of comics. Cataclysm would have been a significantly better finale.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I should really catch up as well.
    Bendis' relaunch to Miles book ended up being a mixed bag for me personally because there was a lot of stop and go to his story telling. I think it made it about 5 issues before it immediately started tying into Civil War II. He was also toying around with making Felicia Hardy the "Queenpin of Crime" but that arc never had any payoff and the Hammerhead stuff he was building up got concluded in his Defenders book.

It's like, I don't want to bash Bendis there but you could tell he was changing his mind as he writing of what direction he wanted to take Miles and because he ultimately ended up leaving the company, it never really wrapped up conclusively. Like he was building up to his superspy stuff in the final arc with Miles and Riri only for him to end it abruptly and Saladin Ahmed and Eve Ewing kind of ignore it and take a more back-to-basics approach with both respective books.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Bendis' relaunch to Miles book ended up being a mixed bag for me personally because there was a lot of stop and go to his story telling. I think it made it about 5 issues before it immediately started tying into Civil War II. He was also toying around with making Felicia Hardy the "Queenpin of Crime" but that arc never had any payoff and the Hammerhead stuff he was building up got concluded in his Defenders book.

It's like, I don't want to bash Bendis there but you could tell he was changing his mind as he writing of what direction he wanted to take Miles and because he ultimately ended up leaving the company, it never really wrapped up conclusively. Like he was building up to his superspy stuff in the final arc with Miles and Riri only for him to end it abruptly and Saladin Ahmed and Eve Ewing kind of ignore it and take a more back-to-basics approach with both respective books.
    Wasn't everybody ?

But yeah, Bendis' last Miles' volume felt kind of all over the place.

He never really got into the nitty-gritty world building and supporting cast development for Miles in 616 that I think he really needed, got hit with event tie-ins, the total pointlessness that was Spider-Men 2 and Miles' "should I be Spider-Man?" arc, setting up stuff for Miles or other heroes that were completely dropped after he left, giving Miles a "main love interest" that he barely developed (Ganke's relationship with the teen reporter was arguably better developed), and kind of wasted Miles' first Sinister Six story (did we really even need that to be a Sinister Six story? Miles never fights all of them and the only ones that really mattered were Aaron and Mama Bombshell).

Like, the actual issues are fine and enjoyable on their own, but in general and looking at the entirety of that final run...not a lot of note really happened.

True, the Sinister Six end up getting defeated by the Champions, not Miles alone. It was clearly a rushed wrap up, and to make matters worse, the Champions roster was wrong, as he had both Ironheart and Cyclops there, an impossible roster as she joined and he left in the same arc (it should've been Unstoppable Wasp instead of Cyclops).

Sneak peek for the FCBD issue

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Sneak peek for the FCBD issue
    They should take all this raw tenseness and go punch SpOck .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm trying to think what would they even be fighting about?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Who does Mephisto like making deals with more?

It's not even just the fighting. Their body posture almost makes it look like there's been rage and unbridled issues building up between them and leading to this yelling at and charging each other.

Surely it can't be about Mephisto? Peter wouldn't have wanted Ms. Marvel dead either. After the events of the current Marvel Team-Up arc he'll know her better than Miles does!

Ultimate Member

Remember he was sick and in the hospital towards the end of that run and he got an offer to write for the company that has issues with Teen Legacies. SO depending on when he took that offer and submitted scripts-stuff would be rushed.

I would say Riri's book acts as if she never met Tony and he just donated his lab to her school.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not even just the fighting. Their body posture almost makes it look like there's been rage and unbridled issues building up between them and leading to this yelling at and charging each other.
    Reminds of classic hero vs hero pose. Like Hulk vs The Thing