Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

The way it's being described it sounds more like it's a Carnage event and the stuff with Miles and Peter will just be an arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Normally they use the FCBD comic to tease the next event. So there's a chance that the next Spider-Man event might be Spider Civil War.
    uh... seriously? so.. who gets killed this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The way it's being described it sounds more like it's a Carnage event and the stuff with Miles and Peter will just be an arc.
    Marvel usually uses the FCBD comics to either promote a event or a new status quo/creative team. So there's the chance that it might set up something. I don't think it would be a normal story arc. It could be, but the precedents say otherwise.

The fact that they look confrontational in the previews makes me think that we're getting a #TeamMiles vs #TeamPeter.

Also, this:
    Plus, in another special FCBD story, creators Tom Taylor, Saladin Ahmed, and Cory Smith take the superstar heroes of the Spider-Verse, Peter Parker and Miles Morales, in a shocking new direction with a story that will build to one of Marvel’s most fantastic and epic tales later this year!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ider-man-cover

has miles said what he wants to study in college? Is he interested in joining the military? does his school have an ROTC?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has miles said what he wants to study in college? Is he interested in joining the military? does his school have an ROTC?
    Nothing like that yet, but if Saladin stays on as the writer for the long haul then he may have Miles go headfirst into professional writing, creative or otherwise. I don’t think Miles joining the military is in line with his character but it would be interesting see if his development evolves into someone who would want to enlist when he reaches legal age.

For the time begging though I think Marvel wants to keep Miles as a teenager for as long as possible.

Yeah, they're going to want to keep the entire Champions generation young. Especially Kamala and Miles. It'll be at least a few years before they graduate high school. Can't see Ahmed rushing that.

Joining the military isn't an option. It would blow his secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

With Miles and Kamala only more recently cross over into the popular media outside of comics, I don't expect either to get aged up in comics anytime soon.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Marvel promotes and advertises him as the modern, fresh-faced, teen Spider-Man so I don't think they're in any rush to put an end to that status quo, especially when few of the higher ups have said on occasion that they probably should not have had Peter graduate as soon as he did (and it shows).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel promotes and advertises him as the modern, fresh-faced, teen Spider-Man so I don't think they're in any rush to put an end to that status quo, especially when few of the higher ups have said on occasion that they probably should not have had Peter graduate as soon as he did (and it shows).
    I agree although I wish they would let Peter grow up a bit seeing how Miles fits the teen Spider-Man role perfectly. To dream the impossible dream. lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature .

Extremely well deserved. And no shade to Incredibles but it’s really refreshing to see something other than a Pixar film win best animated feature.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

No way, such great news.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Miles Morales brought home the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Miles Morales brought home the gold.
    I’m so proud of our Brooklyn boy.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Gotta be a surreal moment for Slott and especially Bendis right now, to see stories they penned become the source of all of this.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.