Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
Man for a second I thought I was reading my first post from a couple weeks ago. I have issues with the current run as well, but I'm willing to wait and see how Ahmed's plans play out. I've definitely got issues with how Miles is portrayed as being more outspoken and using slang as opposed to being more timid and awkward like in Bendis' run without any real development to him being like this. The eyes on the mask bug me to. I prefer every Spider-Man to be drawn with larger eyes personally.
Completely Agree, too often it feels like an completely different character than what Bendis done, and one of the things I truly appreciated about Miles was that he was one of the only introverted characters out there and done right. There's certain aspects that I like about Saladin's writing (specifically the larger focus on miles supporting cast), but overall, I definitely say I prefer and miss bendis writing. Especially with what he's currently doing with Naomi which is probably the best new character arc I've seen in a while. Saladin for me feels more like a place holder over anything else. I'm reading it because it's Miles Morales, but it definitely doesn't contain the spark for me as it did when Bendis was writing, that spark is over with Naomi currently.