Page 25 of 93 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Hmm, it was good but he's becoming quite a bit more extravert then normal. I'm trying to figure if they pulling this from into the spider verse, where he's definitely more extraverted then his comic book counter part. The fact that he curse felt really weird.

spoilers:
    Anyone else feel like so far the plot doesn't really escalate so much as sorta casually strolls to the next point?

I still feel absolutely nothing for Barbara, not to mention she's being really nosy for the relationship to have just become official. I mean she obviously doesn't think he's cheating so what exactly is she so pressed about? I legitimately hope Miles breaks up with her and starts dating Bombshell or maybe even Starling.

The high school stuff is still pretty dull because it feels like Ahmed is drawing really hard from 80's high school movies and it feels off.

I liked Miles' conversation with his dad, he was reasonable, understanding, and could tell that the VP was just a weirdo. It was also cool that he understood he was really in no position to punish Miles considering the living situation.

The web fluid thing isn't a concern for me at all because Miles can easily operate with a smaller supply of it.

Overall things are okay, but I hope Ahmed does something that actually adds some real suspense to things.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Hmm, it was good but he's becoming quite a bit more extravert then normal. I'm trying to figure if they pulling this from into the spider verse, where he's definitely more extraverted then his comic book counter part. The fact that he curse felt really weird.
    The cursing wasn't that strange to me, he swears semi-regularly.

Cool art of Miles combined with Kamen Rider Ghost:
    https://twitter.com/3_soua/status/1117215790585933824
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly I like the balance that Saladin is establish. He writes Miles as more cocky and with some swagger on his civilian side while when he actually suits up he tends to be more unsure of himself and has a tendency of second guessing some of his decisions.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cool art of Miles combined with Kamen Rider Ghost:
    https://twitter.com/3_soua/status/1117215790585933824
    This fusion actually works. I like it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Really enjoyed this issue. My favorite of the current run so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly I like the balance that Saladin is establish. He writes Miles as more cocky and with some swagger on his civilian side while when he actually suits up he tends to be more unsure of himself and has a tendency of second guessing some of his decisions.
    I like the way Saladin writes him as well. He does a good job of balancing the two sides of Miles - the civilian and the hero.

I also loved that cover, even if Tombstone no-shows inside.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...-spider-man-5/

BANNED

July solicitation

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #8
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by PATRICK O’KEEFE
    • Miles Morales has been TAKEN!
    • Grabbed from the streets by an unknown assailant, bound, tested and observed, like a bug under glass.
    • Who is responsible?! And how far will they push Miles to protect his friends and family?
    • Don’t miss this horrifying new chapter in Miles’ life as his rogues’ gallery continues to grow!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I really like that cover, and that description seems really interesting.

Reeeaaallllly hoping Patrick O'Keefe stays on as the cover artist for the long run. This is simply majestic, and I can't help but feel like listening to the ITSV movie soundtrack for the millionth time whenever I see this or his cover for issue 7. Been noticing he has a certain leaning to the color blue after see some of his other artwork. Not a complaint in any stretch of the imagination, but I just found it an interesting tidbit.

Spider-Gwen solicit mentions that Spider-Man and Spider-Man guest star. So both Miles and Peter are in that issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The cover to Miles' book is so sexy I had to change my avatar.

Wondering if that is tying into Riri's book because it's interesting that Miles is getting kidnapped again in such a short timeframe.

The cover to Miles' book is so sexy I had to change my avatar.
    Ditto reaction right here!

Wondering if that is tying into Riri's book because it's interesting that Miles is getting kidnapped again in such a short timeframe.
    You might be on to something. Do you think it will be an all new villain exclusive to Miles or a shared one between him and Riri? In the case of the latter I can only think that Tomoe the Technogolem might be making an appearance, at least in Riri's book.

Technogolem is definitely a possibility. The Maker is someone else who I started thinking of based on the description.

Would also be cool if Donald Roxxon got carried over from the Ultimate Universe since he had a fixation on trying to reverse engineering the OZ Formula using Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Gwen solicit mentions that Spider-Man and Spider-Man guest star. So both Miles and Peter are in that issue.
    You never know. One of them might be Miguel