Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Gotta be a surreal moment for Slott and especially Bendis right now, to see stories they penned become the source of all of this.
    ITSV is Bendis more than anyone. The only thing from Slott is the title Spider-Verse. The movie doesn't feature any of the characters he created like Cindy Moon or the Inheritors.

Spider-Gwen is Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriquez and wasn't by him at all. Spider-Ham is Tom Defalco. Sp//der is Gerard Way and Jake Wyatt. Spider-Man Noir is Carmine Di Giandomenico, David Hine, Fabrice Sapolsky.

The movie's based more on the Spider-Men crossovers, Death of Spider-Man, and the Miles Morales origin and Prowler arc than any of Slott's stuff.

Spider-Verse is from Slott working on Shattered Dimensions, conspiring with Wacker to do it bigger in an event, talking with Bendis to make Spider-Men happen (they were going to co-write it, he gave it to Brian so he could get the event), working on the event to happen during Superior, retooling it when they wanted it for when Peter came back, creating a Spider-Gwen, scrapping her for the creation of the one we have now, allowing for the creation of SP//DR, and then the released event being adapted into cartoons and video games before the movie.

His greatest contribution is not the title, it is the successful execution of the high concept which served as the backbone for the film's story and characters. They weren't looking at the 90's cartoon Spider-Carnage arc during the film's development. It's an adaptation of Slott and Bendis' stories.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    His greatest contribution is not the title, it is the successful execution of the high concept which served as the backbone for the film's story and characters. They weren't looking at the 90's cartoon Spider-Carnage arc during the film's development. It's an adaptation of Slott and Bendis' stories.
    Into the Spider-Verse seems like more of the successful execution of the high concept behind Spider-Verse then the actual Spider-Verse story by Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Into the Spider-Verse seems like more of the successful execution of the high concept behind Spider-Verse then the actual Spider-Verse story by Slott.
    It's a much different story, though. I think it's more of an in some ways more successful, in some ways not version of Brian's Miles origin.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Spider-Verse is from Slott working on Shattered Dimensions, conspiring with Wacker to do it bigger in an event, talking with Bendis to make Spider-Men happen (they were going to co-write it, he gave it to Brian so he could get the event),
    First time I am hearing this. Bendis is not the kind to co-write stuff, and Spider-Men as a crossover was an idea that was tossed out early into USM, Pre-Ultimatum. And since Bendis was the star guy, it's kind of hard to believe that Slott could give anything to him.

creating a Spider-Gwen, scrapping her for the creation of the one we have now, allowing for the creation of SP//DR, and then the released event being adapted into cartoons and video games before the movie.
    Huh. As per Slott and others, Latour and Rodriquez went rogue and way off-script from his concept for the Gwen. Slott in fact rejected the initial idea with the costume and didn't think it would catch on. He was overruled and had to eat crow.

It was Cindy Moon/Silk he was hyping to be the big thing.

Where are the Inheritors? The entire mythology of the scrolls, Weaver and so on? None of that is there.

It's a much different story, though. I think it's more of an in some ways more successful, in some ways not version of Brian's Miles origin.
    It's got Miles/Jefferson/Rio/Aaron Davis, and the meeting between Miles and the two Peters covers beats from Death of Spider-Man, the Spider-Men I and II.

BANNED

Kelly Sue De Connick shared the live reaction of Bendis and his family to Spider-Verse winning at the Oscars (https://www.instagram.com/p/BuScM04l...d=uhstnvqgi7q3).

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Congratulations on the Oscar Miles Gonzalo Morales
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Kelly Sue De Connick shared the live reaction of Bendis and his family to Spider-Verse winning at the Oscars (https://www.instagram.com/p/BuScM04l...d=uhstnvqgi7q3).
    Adorable and heartwarming

Miles middle name is still bleh but congrats to the spider-verse team.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    First time I am hearing this. Bendis is not the kind to co-write stuff
    Naomi proves otherwise. That's by Bendis and David Walker.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-25-2019 at 04:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

It's an adaptation of Slott and Bendis' stories.
    Why aren't you crediting Latour?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Miles middle name is still bleh but congrats to the spider-verse team.
    Maybe but roughly translated it could mean “battle genius” so it at least has some bad@#$ery to it. Also it’s almost a rule for middle names to be funny or embarrassing in most media and I find it quite amusing that his initials are M.G.M.!

Spectacular Member

Is it just me or is Miles’s venom blast becoming too overpowered? Literally, in every story I’ve recently read with him on it he just venom blasts his enemy and they instantly lose. I like him fine as a character but there is no excitement to his book when we know there is nothing his venom blast can’t instantly take out.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Is it just me or is Miles’s venom blast becoming too overpowered? Literally, in every story I’ve recently read with him on it he just venom blasts his enemy and they instantly lose. I like him fine as a character but there is no excitement to his book when we know there is nothing his venom blast can’t instantly take out.
    No offense but this is a convo we’ve had for the past 8 years

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    OBJECTION!! After Bendis era, the infamous Venom Blast becomes weaker. It couldn't permanently knock Venom, Grendel, Rhino, Morlun, Solus, etc. It just knocks a new Villain called Snatcher though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelJean View Post
    OBJECTION!! After Bendis era, the infamous Venom Blast becomes weaker. It couldn't permanently knock Venom, Grendel, Rhino, Morlun, Solus, etc. It just knocks a new Villain called Snatcher though.
    It couldn’t permanently knock them out when he did it one time but he has been known to spam it constantly and even when he can’t knock them down it is still super effective. People like Solus, Grendel, and rhino shouldn’t even need to be affected by it since they are Thor level villains who have been known to be incredibly strong. Miles has even used it to take down the red hulk before. It’s a cheap move that makes miles too op for a spider hero.