Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Why doesn't Jessica Drew have that problem? She has a venom blast too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think Jessica's Venom Blast has ever been depicted as being as effective as Miles'.

Like, I doubt it would've let her take Blackheart out.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Because her solo wasn't being written by Bendis.

Miles used it on Rhino in this most recent arc and it only momentarily stunned him, so it's kind of a moot point at this point.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Miles used it on Rhino in this most recent arc and it only momentarily stunned him, so it's kind of a moot point at this point.
    Then it was used to knock out a dozen of super powered children who gave captain America, miles, and rhino a hard time.( while supposedly not giving them a full charge) Not to mention the fact that he can span that move constantly which means that even if he doesn’t take them out the first time, it’s only a matter of time. Plus he can also use his super venom blast if nothing else works.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Then it was used to knock out a dozen of super powered children who gave captain America, miles, and rhino a hard time.( while supposedly not giving them a full charge) Not to mention the fact that he can span that move constantly which means that even if he doesn’t take them out the first time, it’s only a matter of time. Plus he can also use his super venom blast if nothing else works.

Giving them a hard time because they were trying not to actually hurt the kids. You're projecting your issues over Bendis onto the idea that Saladin Ahmed won't actually have any restraint.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Giving them a hard time because they were trying not to actually hurt the kids. You're projecting your issues over Bendis onto the idea that Saladin Ahmed won't actually have any restraint.
    Restraint which Ahmed has already shown in the first arc. At this point the whole “OP Venom Blast” argument isn’t so much beating a dead horse as it is trying to resuscitate it through mouth to mouth. If anything I found it interesting that Miles learned how to dial down the power output of his blasts.

Also, while Ahmed called it a venom blast that took down Snatcher, the panel clearly shows Miles delivering said blast by way of a super powered punch to the gut. I usually refer to that move as a “venom strike” but of course that’s up to the writer.

Ahmed stated in interviews that he was looking forward to experimenting with, Miles power set so what he did to knock out the brainwashed children was really creative and brought back the fact that he could conduct his venom blast short distances toward his targets as long as they’re both touching the same surface. That little tidbit has only been shown I believe three times counting this one. The first was in in issue #1 of Spider-Men when Miles knocked Peter out in a similar fashion to the children. The second was in a short back story in the relaunched Amazing Spider-Man #1 during the All New All Different Marvel run when he took down the street villain The Ox by conducting his venom blast through the pavement. Glad Saladin remembered Miles could use the power at a distance like that.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 03-02-2019 at 04:10 PM.

This reminds me of how much of a big deal Bendis' Spider-Woman book was supposed to be, where they had this much promoted Motion Comic and everything, and it only ran for, like, six issues .

The only thing that whole thing's existence seemed to accomplish was revealing Jessica Drew inexplicably has a British accent.

Uh, of course Jessica would have a British accent.... she is, in fact, a British citizen. She only moved to America a few issues into her first Spider-Woman ongoing. She's dual-nationality these days.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of how much of a big deal Bendis' Spider-Woman book was supposed to be, where they had this much promoted Motion Comic and everything, and it only ran for, like, six issues .
    I mean, it kind of was a big deal - it was the first time a motion comic was released by a major publisher, and it was same day release as the floppy at that. The only reason why it failed I think is because they conceptually bit off more than they could chew - not only did Maleev have to plot out his drawings for print, but also for animation. Not a small task, it's a miracle he held up for the 7 issues.

Uh, of course Jessica would have a British accent.... she is, in fact, a British citizen. She only moved to America a few issues into her first Spider-Woman ongoing. She's dual-nationality these days.
    By Highlander law, you get Frontier's mod powers now.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

So I read Champions #3

spoilers:
    Indeed Miles does recall the girl he saved in Dubai pre-time change and goes back to the city to check in to see if she's still alright. Of course he then meets the girl's mother praying to a photo of her among a others who were casualties in the attack along a shrine wall and this absolutely breaks him. The last panel shows him standing in front of Ms. Marvel, asking for him to talk to her about what's going on with him lately. ...Next issue is going to be one awkward conversation. Oh and Sam (still helmetless) is now dealing with an old nemesis of his back for revenge. And, Dust of the X-Men may become a new Champion soon.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Grimm911; 03-06-2019 at 09:53 AM.

You know, I wonder if the covers for #3 and #4 were switched? #3's cover has Kamala saying "how could you?", clearly talking to Miles. But that conversation will probably be the opening pages of next issue. #4's cover shows Miles looking angry.

You know, I wonder if the covers for #3 and #4 were switched? #3's cover has Kamala saying "how could you?", clearly talking to Miles. But that conversation will probably be the opening pages of next issue. #4's cover shows Miles looking angry.
    That makes sense thematically, but then again I suppose that would work no matter which cover came before the other.

On another note Miles Morales: Spider-Man #3 is now getting a second printing!
    War Of The Realms #2 Already Gone to 2nd Print, Immortal Hulk Gets 4 Print-Runs and More

Hopefully all this exposure will speed things up over at Marvel Studios to induct Miles into the MCU proper. I go so far to say that the third MCU Spider-Man movie could have him and Pete teaming up to take on the Sinister Six and they could call the title “Spider-Men”

This piece of information has ruined my life.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Hopefully all this exposure will speed things up over at Marvel Studios to induct Miles into the MCU proper. I go so far to say that the third MCU Spider-Man movie could have him and Pete teaming up to take on the Sinister Six and they could call the title “Spider-Men”
    I think they need to be really careful how they integrate Miles if they ever bring him into the MCU so we can avoid a "Kid-Arachnid" or Marvel's Spider-Man situation.

But personally I don't think being in the MCU will be as good for him as Into the Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they need to be really careful how they integrate Miles if they ever bring him into the MCU so we can avoid a "Kid-Arachnid" or Marvel's Spider-Man situation.

But personally I don't think being in the MCU will be as good for him as Into the Spider-Verse.
    Very true on both accounts. Still, given Kevin Feige's track record, Miles is all but ensured in the coming years barring the new Marvel Studios/ Sony deal falls through.