Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Rising comics are set on Earth-616. Doreen and Kamala met for the first time in the previous run. Miles suddenly being invited to something with Inferno and Squirrel Girl is a bit odd, as I don't think he'd even met them before. Perhaps the preview isn't the beginning of the issue?
    It's canon that all the young heroes (and Hercules) keep in touch with each other through a special message board for heroes. I'm guessing Inferno finally started using it too.

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's canon that all the young heroes (and Hercules) keep in touch with each other through a special message board for heroes. I'm guessing Inferno finally started using it too.

I guess this saves writers the trouble of having to do introduction arcs. Everbody just knows everybody (which I guess makes sense in today's culture).

"The cool _____" Ah, Lunella's one of those fans .

I'm surprised Nico gets called by her "codename." I guess it's her online handle.

The newest Champions #1 established that Miles hasn't been keeping up with the Forums recently. He didn't know that Kamala had been recruiting a reinforcements roster until Viv said so and started listing them! So I doubt he knows them that way. I suppose Kamala could've invited him by some other method (in person during a Champions meet up, by text message or email). But that still makes the lack of introductions odd.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Loved the latest issue. Miles has style and the artist knows how to make the clothes look fresh.

That's an interesting concept. One of the artists for the issue posted a sketch for a possible look for Miles in that issue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvXTDBRhdds/

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That's an interesting concept. One of the artists for the issue posted a sketch for a possible look for Miles in that issue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvXTDBRhdds/
    Nice, I like that.

Going by the way the run has been so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the perspectives are Bombshell, Barbara, Judge, and Drutcher.

Maybe it's just me but every new artists seems to make Miles look older then previous artist.

Nice, I like that.

Going by the way the run has been so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the perspectives are Bombshell, Barbara, Judge, and Drutcher.
    I'm thinking Ganke instead of Lyle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's just me but every new artists seems to make Miles look older then previous artist.
    Teens can be kinda hard to portray, I remember when I was younger people would assume I was in my twenties. But you're right compared to his appearance in other books he has been looking kinda old in his own.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I've noticed that Miles also seems to be drawn taller in his books

Astonishing Member

Guys, a question. When Miles was in Weirdworld as "Shadow Spider", did he had powers and a cloak just like... Well, Cloak?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Anyone check out the "alternate universe mode" for Into the Spider-Verse?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Anyone check out the "alternate universe mode" for Into the Spider-Verse?
    Not yet. I got the Steel Book from Bestbuy but I've been slammed with a lot of work for Grad School so I haven't been able to give it a watch yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Guys, a question. When Miles was in Weirdworld as "Shadow Spider", did he had powers and a cloak just like... Well, Cloak?
    Shadow Spider's powers were basically a lot like Cloak's in that he could transport anyone in the shadows that his cloak created. He also fought with a lot of throw-able daggers and webbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I've noticed that Miles also seems to be drawn taller in his books
    I've noticed that too. It's kind of alot like what Dragonick was saying, a lot of artist tend to struggle with how to draw their teenage characters especially relative to adults. I notice it in DC comics a lot to where the adult heroes will completely tower over the younger characters. Like for reference Miles is supposed to be only two inches shorter than Peter according to the Marvel index,. Only a lot of times you'll see artist make Miles like a head shorter than Pete instead.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 03-24-2019 at 08:56 PM.