Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Shadow Spider's powers were basically a lot like Cloak's in that he could transport anyone in the shadows that his cloak created. He also fought with a lot of throw-able daggers and webbing.
    Then, Miles and Cloak could be combined in Infinity Warps. And to complete, we could merge Dagger with Spider-Gwen, as both have the "ballerina" traces.

The daggers also appeared to be coated in some form of hallucinogenic since when they hit those bandits at the start they started freaking out about the spiders that were all over them.

Nice, I like that.

Going by the way the run has been so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the perspectives are Bombshell, Barbara, Judge, and Drutcher.
    Based of the solicitation for issue 7, one of the perspectives is definitely from his parents POV. If I had to guess the other three it would be Ganke, Bombshell, and Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Then, Miles and Cloak could be combined in Infinity Warps. And to complete, we could merge Dagger with Spider-Gwen, as both have the "ballerina" traces.
    Cloak and Dagger already have Infinity Warps (they appeared in Weapon Hex), though neither Miles nor Gwen do (Arachknight, Peter + Moon Knight, was the only Spider-Man warp - and incidentally, I think Ironheart + Shuri = Shuriri, and Ms. Marvel + Kang the Conqueror = Kamala Kang were the only Champions warps).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I kind of had a thought. I follow Comicstorian on YouTube and I was watching his video today based on the recent Black Cat storyline from Spencer's run on Amazing, and what if Starling is connected to the Thieves Guild?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So I kind of had a thought. I follow Comicstorian on YouTube and I was watching his video today based on the recent Black Cat storyline from Spencer's run on Amazing, and what if Starling is connected to the Thieves Guild?
    Would that confirm she's Miles' official Black Cat equivalent ?

Come to think of it, the proposed role for Ann Hathaway's character in Spider-Man 4 was Black Cat as the Vulture's daughter...

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Miles doesn't have an Absolute Carnage variant cover? Guess they really don't want him to be draw with a symbiote yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Come to think of it, the proposed role for Ann Hathaway's character in Spider-Man 4 was Black Cat as the Vulture's daughter...
    And Spider-Man Homecoming version of Liz is black and Vulture's daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    And Spider-Man Homecoming version of Liz is black and Vulture's daughter
    Speaking of there's a potential link that Saladin could make if he wanted to make Starling a relative of Vulture.

I think her being in the Thieves guild would add to the Black Cat-esque factor that Frontier mention and give some nice continuity nods to the books as well.

At this point the no symbiote thing has to be intentional, right? I mean we had Venomized that he wasn't even involved in; Absolute Carnage is something that he appears to be directly involved in; add in that besides Eddie he's the only person who knows about Knull; and it makes it kinda hard to not think that him wearing a symbiote isn't being saved for something big. Not to mention that Miles is in a very unique position in that wearing a symbiote would 100% be something that he would have to agree to let happen.

Today's Marvel Rising #1 had a introduction page that gave the heroes adjectives. As you'd expect, Squirrel Girl was called Unbeatable and Kamala was called Magnificent. Miles was referred to as the Spectacular Spider-Man!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Today's Marvel Rising #1 had a introduction page that gave the heroes adjectives. As you'd expect, Squirrel Girl was called Unbeatable and Kamala was called Magnificent. Miles was referred to as the Spectacular Spider-Man!
    Ultimate would've made more sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cloak and Dagger already have Infinity Warps (they appeared in Weapon Hex), though neither Miles nor Gwen do (Arachknight, Peter + Moon Knight, was the only Spider-Man warp - and incidentally, I think Ironheart + Shuri = Shuriri, and Ms. Marvel + Kang the Conqueror = Kamala Kang were the only Champions warps).
    There were some characters with more than one warp in the comics. The Punisher was merged with Power Pack (which, by the way, was so many levels of wrong) but also with Hellstorm. And Deadpool was combined with with Doop and HERBIE. I guess some warps were only "tests" to see how they worked, so in case they didn't work, use different ones. (After all, Obadiah Stane was supposed to be merged with Loki, so we should see that warp in the future).

The Power Pack one was a clear goof by the creators and/or editors. Alex was away from 616 at the time (the Future Foundation didn't come home with Reed, Sue, Franklin and Valeria and instead continued travelling the multiverse) and thus shouldn't have been Warped at all.

And nobody is supposed to be Warped twice. That's why Ironheart wasn't in Iron Hammer - she was Warped with Shuri instead and appeared in Ghost Panther as Shuriri (Sif didn't appear either, so I imagine Riri's Warp would've been with her if they'd put her with the other Iron Men - the Warriors Three were Warped with War Machine, Rescue, and Iron Patriot).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-30-2019 at 01:37 PM.

So over in Marvel Uprising, while on an Empire State U. tour with Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Inferno, Miles expressed interesting in learning more about the English Department, though he wasn't sure specifically what major he wanted to focus in. Was a nice little tie in to him getting into creative writing in his solo.

Rising, not Uprising. That was definitely interesting anyway - Kamala was even more undecided about what to study (her plans for when she graduates have never come up before), and asked Doreen to just show them everything. I won't be surprised if Saladin Ahmed has plans for both of them, which Rising obviously needed to be vague about in order to avoid contradictions or spoilers.