Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Them introducing themselves here is a continuity error. Both Miles and Kate (and the rest of the Champions and Young Avengers) are in Unstoppable Wasp #7, which is set before War of the Realms (Hercules couldn't be there if it's after No Road Home, which is set at the same time as the Avengers arc before WOTR). Which means they've already met.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Them introducing themselves here is a continuity error. Both Miles and Kate (and the rest of the Champions and Young Avengers) are in Unstoppable Wasp #7, which is set before War of the Realms (Hercules couldn't be there if it's after No Road Home, which is set at the same time as the Avengers arc before WOTR). Which means they've already met.
    But did they meet when Miles was unmasked is the point I think. There’s superheroes meeting and working together, and then there’s superheroes meeting and working together with their secret identities known to each other which is different. That’s a whole ‘nother level of trust there. Just ask Daredevil when he revealed himself to be Matt Murdock in front of the other Defenders. Or even, Peter when he had to re-reveal himself to Black Cat as a way to help fully heal their friendship.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 05-03-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

While I think it would be fun to acknowledge that Miles dated a Katie Bishop in his home universe I'm okay without there being much more than a wink to it. Granted the McElroys don't spare words very often. They could go into it, and get it over with in a few panels.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Oh ha ha, very funny Marvel. The "shocking new direction" of FCDB involves spoilers:
    The Shocker involved in an argument between Peter and Miles about pizza
    end of spoilers

https://www.comicsbeat.com/fcbd-2019...tles-part-one/

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, I shouldn't even be surprised because leading up to this a lot of us were like "what would they even be fighting about?"
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Oh ha ha, very funny Marvel. The "shocking new direction" of FCDB involves spoilers:
    The Shocker involved in an argument between Peter and Miles about pizza
    end of spoilers

https://www.comicsbeat.com/fcbd-2019...tles-part-one/
    Well at least it was free, it kinda sucks though that it was described as if it was some big thing was going to happen. I haven't read it yet, did something worth talking about actually happen or was it just spoilers:
    pizza argument?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Well at least it was free, it kinda sucks though that it was described as if it was some big thing was going to happen. I haven't read it yet, did something worth talking about actually happen or was it just spoilers:
    pizza argument?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Aside from Shocker getting involved and battling them, nothing much else
    end of spoilers

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

pizza argument?
    end of spoilers
    It was the B-Story to a comic that prominently teased the upcoming VENOM event. The Peter/Miles story very much appeared to be a fun done-in-one involving Pizza.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Now having read the story proper it was a pretty fun one-shot with Pete and Miles arguing which side of New York had the better tasting pizza. It was more so about them hanging out though.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

On the FCBD issue:

spoilers:
    Was this just a backup to either Taylor or Ahmed's books that they couldn't find room for so they stuck it in here? It definitely feels like a backup. Maybe they just wanted to collaborate on a fun "one-and-done" issue, although after the Venom/Carnage stuff it feels out-of-place to have something so far less plot relevant.

It was a cute story though, and might scratch the itch of anyone who enjoys seeing Peter and Miles interact since that really doesn't happen much at all on the comics side. Honestly felt like they had a better dynamic in this one story then in the entirety of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

Were the writers channeling the PS4 game? First time I've ever seen 616 Spidey call Shocker "Herman" like that, even though that dates back to the Ultimate universe.

Miles said more Spanish in this one story then I think he did in the entirety of the Bendis run.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And here I thought we'd be getting a prelude to a comic book version of Spider Wars. Oh, well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the FCBD issue:

spoilers:
    Was this just a backup to either Taylor or Ahmed's books that they couldn't find room for so they stuck it in here? It definitely feels like a backup. Maybe they just wanted to collaborate on a fun "one-and-done" issue, although after the Venom/Carnage stuff it feels out-of-place to have something so far less plot relevant.

It was a cute story though, and might scratch the itch of anyone who enjoys seeing Peter and Miles interact since that really doesn't happen much at all on the comics side. Honestly felt like they had a better dynamic in this one story then in the entirety of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

Were the writers channeling the PS4 game? First time I've ever seen 616 Spidey call Shocker "Herman" like that, even though that dates back to the Ultimate universe.

Miles said more Spanish in this one story then I think he did in the entirety of the Bendis run.
    end of spoilers
    It was a weird place to put the story and the description for it was completely off
    Everyone knows Miles Morales, who rose to fame in Marvel’s acclaimed animated sensation Into The Spider-Verse - and with a second feature film arriving this year, Peter Parker will once again suit up to save the world with his web-slinging super powers! In a special FCBD story, creators Tom Taylor, Saladin Ahmed, and Cory Smith take these superstar heroes of the Spider-Verse in a shocking new direction, with a story that will build to one of Marvel’s most fantastic and epic tales later this year!
    I have no idea how that relates to Miles and Peter arguing over pizza.

I have no idea how that relates to Miles and Peter arguing over pizza.
    The Marvel hype machine at work .

Another weird thing was having the creator and character introductions at the end of both stories instead of in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Marvel hype machine at work .

Another weird thing was having the creator and character introductions at the end of both stories instead of in front of them.
    Very true, but who hypes up the story of a free book? It was like they tried to push it as this huge thing that would at least lead up to a story arc. As it is the double page spread was more fitting of the description and that was just showing of each individual spider's upcoming stories.

There is something spider related being announced tomorrow, so maybe that will be more fitting than what this story was described as.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 05-04-2019 at 03:25 PM.

That turned out to be Patrick Gleason taking over as ASM artist - Marvel have poached him from DC! Ottley's staying on, so it looks like Hunted is Ramos' swansong.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman