Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I’ve been enjoying the issues I personally just hate the journal aspect. It just seems like miles is clearly smart enough to realize the liability the journal is and I’m sure it’ll bite him in the butt soon possibly by the vice principal, Barbara, or the bully finding out. I wish he just had an inner monologue. I mean he’s clearly smart enough to have a spidey phone that’s protected and changes numbers.

Curious to see how the interaction with his uncle goes since we last saw him at the end of Bendis’s let down if a run. I am excited to see more original characters and I hope villains. I’ve always wanted to see him have his own circle of villains/ friends and champions did that for me and now Starling.

I was honestly happy to see a venom blast fail, I feel Bendis relied on it too much. And I am curious if we will see things picked up that Bendis mentioned in his final issues. His webbing, Da Vinci Shield etc.

Still adjusting to Ganke’s new look

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I’ve been enjoying the issues I personally just hate the journal aspect. It just seems like miles is clearly smart enough to realize the liability the journal is and I’m sure it’ll bite him in the butt soon possibly by the vice principal, Barbara, or the bully finding out. I wish he just had an inner monologue. I mean he’s clearly smart enough to have a spidey phone that’s protected and changes numbers.

Curious to see how the interaction with his uncle goes since we last saw him at the end of Bendis’s let down if a run. I am excited to see more original characters and I hope villains. I’ve always wanted to see him have his own circle of villains/ friends and champions did that for me and now Starling.

I was honestly happy to see a venom blast fail, I feel Bendis relied on it too much. And I am curious if we will see things picked up that Bendis mentioned in his final issues. His webbing, Da Vinci Shield etc.

I wouldn't hold my breathe on that one getting picked back up. That was a purely Bendis initiative that neither Ahmed, Slott, and Ewing have referenced since. Even the X-Office killed off Cable and replaced him with his younger self.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post

I hadn't thought about it, but you're right if he has his phone route through a scrambler he wouldn't be recording his hero exploits in vivid detail in something so easily taken and read. Also I hope this whole thing with Barbara doesn't end with Miles telling her his secret identity; they've been on two (maybe three) dates their relationship is no where near developed enough to make it feel earned.

Incredible Member

Bummed that this will be the last of the Spider-Verse art covers.

But who's the returning Villain i wonder. Hope its Hammerhead because damn if that didn't have so much buildup just to completely drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Bummed that this will be the last of the Spider-Verse art covers.

But who's the returning Villain i wonder. Hope its Hammerhead because damn if that didn't have so much buildup just to completely drop off.
    Not so sure about it being Hammerhead due to how his character ended up in the service to The Hood back in Defenders. Also he was mostly just following Black Cat’s orders back then. It could be Blackheart, Tomoe the Technogolem, or they could even do a reveal that uncle Aaron has some ties to this organization as the Iron Spider. Really depends on who were the toughest villains that Miles fought before, and if Saladin feels like using them.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Frost Pharaoh?

Another hot issue. Keep this up for another 7 months and its comic of the year.

Incredible Member

Has Miles ever used his Venom Strike like he did in this issue before? Don't recall him shooting it out his arm like a projectle before(not counting his electric webbing)

No, it's always either been through touch/contact with a surface or the body explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Has Miles ever used his Venom Strike like he did in this issue before? Don't recall him shooting it out his arm like a projectle before(not counting his electric webbing)
    I think he's done that in either Ultimate or the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Thoughts on the first arc?

It definitely took a minute to get used to Saladin's more brisk pacing compared to Bendis'. For the most part, I've actually really enjoyed the elements that Saladin has brought to the fold; Miles' school actually has more of a "character" to it rather than just being a glorified backdrop for Miles to have lengthy conversations with Ganke at. As characitures as Drutcher and Sean are, I think they are necessary evils given Miles' background. He's a kid who got into this prestigious academy through what was essentially a handout. And because of both his dad and uncle's background, it would make sense that at least part of the school would have resistance to Miles' presence there.

I like the duality of Miles being more confident in his own skin than he is as a Superhero, it's a nice narrative flip on Peter. I do think that Barbara is kind of the weak link of the intro arc, but I am of the belief that if Miles is really serious about her, it is a side of his life he should share. The problem there is Barbara was so undercooked prior to Saladin taking over, that this next "leap" in their relationship really comes across as forced as a consequence.

I've been a fan of Javier's art, especially during the fight scenes, which have been really creative. I know it's a touchy subject, but I like how the Saladin has avoided falling into the pratfall of the venom blast ending his fights in all the same way.
    For the moment, i'm not convinced by Saladin's writing. The pacing is weird, it's too wordy, and the antagonists are too soft, Mils never seem really in danger, the stakes seem too low. And the soap opera aspect don't work for me: For the moment, I don't really care about his friends. It's not a total failure, but I'm disapointed, Miles Morales deserves better.
    Last edited by lordozone; 05-28-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Looking at Starling's current design, am I the only one that prefers the red visor from the cover over the orange she has in the book?

... so if Adrian Toomes is her grandfather, uh.. Have we ever seen the Vulture's son? How did his life evolve? Is the granddaughter's mom alive? When was this backstory first revealed anywhere else?

Hopefully Starling won't be meeting Peter, since that would be.. awkward..

Her mother is most likely this woman from Mark Millar's Marvel Knights run, it says the have a son but it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say they had another child.

https://javajulien.tumblr.com/post/1...g-theory#notes

Check out the cover for Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales #2