Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You have to wonder if it's intentional how little love Sam gets .
    As a fan of Sam and also all three as a trio, I see nothing cheeky or amusing about that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Extra printings just mean that whatever the store's initial order number was for the book was not enough, it doesn't have to hit a specific benchmark in sales for it to undergo a new printnig.

I'd say that so far, since every issue of Miles' book has gotten at least a second printing is a good sign, even with it's relatively modest sales figures.

Pretty Much, this is most likely due to newer heroes selling better digitally than at comic book stores (I for example, buy all my books digitally). So comic book stores normally buy a small amount and then if they run out, people request it,
    then they might go out for more. If this happens at enough stores, then Marvel sells out and they go back for a second printing.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    As a fan of Sam and also all three as a trio, I see nothing cheeky or amusing about that.
    I honestly wasn't trying to be glib. I like comic Sam a lot. Just seems a little ridiculous how he gets treated or regarded sometimes.

I haven't read all of Sam's solo series and I was wondering if he and Miles team up in it. I usually see Miles/Kamala or Kamala/Sam hanging out together and I wish I could see the two of them hanging around each other more often.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I haven't read all of Sam's solo series and I was wondering if he and Miles team up in it. I usually see Miles/Kamala or Kamala/Sam hanging out together and I wish I could see the two of them hanging around each other more often.
    Back when Sam still had his ongoing happening, Miles appeared in it twice; once with Kamala in which the trio had the encounter with Mole Man which never really got resolved, and again during the Civil War 2 tie-in, which was mostly focused on how Sam feels out of the loop with the other NYC-based heroes.

Sam's book kind of got cancelled after that and the Novas title he co-led with Richard Rider didn't last very long either.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

That's a shame. Champions mentions that they're pretty close so I was hoping to see them interact more. Hopefully we can see something once Sam gets his powers back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Extra printings just mean that whatever the store's initial order number was for the book was not enough, it doesn't have to hit a specific benchmark in sales for it to undergo a new printnig.

I'd say that so far, since every issue of Miles' book has gotten at least a second printing is a good sign, even with it's relatively modest sales figures.
    I would suspect every copy in most places sells out. To date here-I have only seen ONE issue of Miles book in a dollar bin otherwise his book has a hard time staying on shelves around here. Ms Marvel, Shuri & Riri have that same issue too.

But I'm trying to get a better picture on how multiple printings actually work after a comic series sells out of the 1st one.
    In some cases they do it for the heck of it to toss out more variant covers. LOOKING AT YOU STAR WARS #1.

I'm hoping Danica comes back and has a bigger role than just being Ganke's first girlfriend. They are cute together but I thought she was more interesting when she was potentially Miles's version of JJJ.

Issue 9 variant:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Miles is getting a mini come October

In the aftermath of Sony Pictures Animation's hit movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Marvel Comics is throwing Miles Morales in a similar adventure with a six-issue Spider-Verse title written by Jed Mackay.

Announced Friday during the Spider-Man panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Spider-Verse will be drawn by a host of artists including Juan Frigeri, Arthur Adams, Stuart Immonen, and Stacey Lee. In addition to that, Into the Spider-Verse character designer Wendell Dalit will be drawing covers for the book.

"Miles Morales finally feels like he gets this Spider-Man stuff… and then falls through a portal! But isn’t the Web of Life & Destiny destroyed?" reads Marvel's description. "Maybe not, True Believer. But who spun this new web? Regardless, Miles finds himself at the center of a multiversal adventure that will feature a who’s who of creators and characters as the series spins forward!"

Each issue is scheduled to feature #Spidersonas drawn by comic creators and comic fans.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46140-marv...new-title.html

Also something with Jason Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Miles is getting a mini come October

https://www.newsarama.com/46140-marv...new-title.html

Also something with Jason Reynolds
    It feels kind of late to be doing a Spider-Verse mini that seems to be going for more of the movie feel, but that's just me.

I'm kind of over multidimensional Spider-Man stuff to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Sam is my favorite of the three, so it's only fate that he gets cucked the most.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels kind of late to be doing a Spider-Verse mini that seems to be going for more of the movie feel, but that's just me.

I'm kind of over multidimensional Spider-Man stuff to be honest.
    As long as it's not centered around the Inheritors again, I'm good. I'd personally like something more like Spider-Verse's inspiration, Spider Wars from TAS, where it's a Spider-Man who's broken severely bad that the others have to team up against, or something like the Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game where the villains have interdimensional team-ups, too, to expand their numbers and chances against the heroes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As long as it's not centered around the Inheritors again, I'm good. I'd personally like something more like Spider-Verse's inspiration, Spider Wars from TAS, where it's a Spider-Man who's broken severely bad that the others have to team up against, or something like the Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game where the villains have interdimensional team-ups, too, to expand their numbers and chances against the heroes.
    Yeah, the saving point of this mini is that the Inheritors will probably not be the villains this time around .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As long as it's not centered around the Inheritors again...
    This, no more Inheritors thank you.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."