Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: MILES MORALES 1 variant cover by Khary Randolph
    That homage to the Maximum Carnage cover art.

Miles' venomized look for the cartoon

Not gonna lie, it's pretty disappointing when compared to the other designs released.

He looks like inverted Carnage.

I am new to this forum, but wanted to say I am a huge fan of Miles ever since his first appearance in Ultimate Fallout. October does look awesome for Miles...I am super bummed about Zub and Champions. I wanted to know how everyone else feels about Saladin? Of course we were spoiled by Bendis writing his own created character, but ever since he stepped away I've struggled a little reading this current volume. I'm really enjoying Ironheart and was enjoying Champions, but I haven't been getting the same feeling from the current Miles run. Does anyone else feel this way? Also, I wish Garron wouldn't draw his eyes that way on his mask haha. Not a big deal I just keep noticing it.
    Last edited by tunerfreak87; 08-04-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunerfreak87 View Post
    I am new to this forum, but wanted to say I am a huge fan of Miles ever since his first appearance in Ultimate Fallout. October does look awesome for Miles...I am super bummed about Zub and Champions. I wanted to know how everyone else feels about Saladin? Of course we were spoiled by Bendis writing his own created character, but ever since he stepped away I've struggled a little reading this current volume. I'm really enjoying Ironheart and was enjoying Champions, but I haven't been getting the same feeling from the current Miles run. Does anyone else feel this way? Also, I wish Garron wouldn't draw his eyes that way on his mask haha. Not a big deal I just keep noticing it.
    You're not alone I've felt the same about things so far. I wouldn't even call it bad, I just don't enjoy it as much as before. I'm also with you about the eyes on the mask, I've seen them described as being closer to the eyes on Iron Man's mask than a Spider-Man mask. From a technical standpoint Garron's art is sound, but everything about it just feels off for me which is a shame because Miles has one of my favorite costumes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! His art is sound for sure. I felt more at home with Miles when I'd get a small amount from Zub than with Saladin

I feel the same way with his parts in Champions as well as when he was in Ironherat and Shuri.

Incredible Member

Its definitely undeniable Miles sounds "different", i've enjoy what he's written so far but this whole kidnapped story has been very intriguing and the supposed "return" of the ultimate universe story is probably the most excited i've been for an upcoming Miles story since maybe the "Sinister Six" Arc before that idea swiftly got kicked in the head for a more intimate story between Miles, Uncle Aaron, and the Bombshells, which was great but the Sinister Six angle was completely wasted.

My biggest gripe since this new run started is of course, the artist's rendition of Miles' costume. It looks fine in every other book but Miles' very own and that is a bummer.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 08-04-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunerfreak87 View Post
    Man for a second I thought I was reading my first post from a couple weeks ago. I have issues with the current run as well, but I'm willing to wait and see how Ahmed's plans play out. I've definitely got issues with how Miles is portrayed as being more outspoken and using slang as opposed to being more timid and awkward like in Bendis' run without any real development to him being like this. The eyes on the mask bug me to. I prefer every Spider-Man to be drawn with larger eyes personally.

I agree about that Sinister Six arc. I don't mean that his writing is bad, but Miles has a completely different voice and look sometimes that throws me off. It's almost not consistent with anything else he's in since the new volume began. Ironheart was a pleasant surprise. I have always wanted a larger arc with Riri and Miles.

Yes! Exactly how I feel. He almost feels like a different character at times. The smaller eyes with the weird borders drive me crazy lol.

Miles definitely sounds different with Saladin writing him than with Bendis, but so far I'm loving the new character development Saladin is giving to him. The way I read Saladin's writing is that, Miles' civilian teen life is a light inversion of Peter's teen years since Miles is more outspoken and socially comfortable than Peter was at that age, but not in an exaggerated sense. I like Saladin's dialogue writing because it sounds more lived in and authentic to how someone that age living in a city would talk, instead of how Bendis used little to no slang; and even when he did it was either outdated or cringe worthy for a modern teen to say.

That's not to bash on Bendis' writing or anything because it was good and he gave us some great moments with the character, Miles' trip to Japan, and meeting, Tomoe The Technogolem being one of my favorites, but you could tell as time went on he wasn't putting his full effort into his writing for for the character and series as he was before. And while I still don't believe that the whole "Bendis Speak" thing was as bad a lot of people said, the constant stuttering and word repeats he gave most characters in his dialogue writing at times was a bit jarring.

If their is one thing about Saladin's writing that feels a bit off to me, and he even wrote a little meta joke about it in issue #6, is that thanks to the narration boxes being done in the form of journal entries, Miles expresses a lot of his current inner thoughts by speaking out loud to himself a lot. Since Saladin wants to explore more with the idea of Miles being a stealth action character this can be seen as a bit of a problem.

I'm really digging Javiers' art but you guys are right about Miles' costume needing some fine tuning. The red added to the soles of his feet are a major plus but the emblem on his chest is just too stretched out for my liking. I'm also still wary on the masks' eyes; I think the overall shape is fine, but I hate how the red lining is so thin.

I hope Miles does not get infected by any symbiote. Not interested in exploring that angle with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope Miles does not get infected by any symbiote. Not interested in exploring that angle with him.
    It likely won't happen in his own comic, but is already happening in Absolute Carnage and the cartoon.

Also I'm glad we can all at least agree on Miles' costume being off, I don't understand how a character's costume can be right in every other appearance they have but be wrong in their own book.

It's crazy every month it's drawn differently, but correct in every other medium

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It likely won't happen in his own comic, but is already happening in Absolute Carnage and the cartoon.

Also I'm glad we can all at least agree on Miles' costume being off, I don't understand how a character's costume can be right in every other appearance they have but be wrong in their own book.