Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Man for a second I thought I was reading my first post from a couple weeks ago. I have issues with the current run as well, but I'm willing to wait and see how Ahmed's plans play out. I've definitely got issues with how Miles is portrayed as being more outspoken and using slang as opposed to being more timid and awkward like in Bendis' run without any real development to him being like this. The eyes on the mask bug me to. I prefer every Spider-Man to be drawn with larger eyes personally.
    Completely Agree, too often it feels like an completely different character than what Bendis done, and one of the things I truly appreciated about Miles was that he was one of the only introverted characters out there and done right. There's certain aspects that I like about Saladin's writing (specifically the larger focus on miles supporting cast), but overall, I definitely say I prefer and miss bendis writing. Especially with what he's currently doing with Naomi which is probably the best new character arc I've seen in a while. Saladin for me feels more like a place holder over anything else. I'm reading it because it's Miles Morales, but it definitely doesn't contain the spark for me as it did when Bendis was writing, that spark is over with Naomi currently.

Miles Morales Spider-Man #10

SPIDER-SEMIQUINCENTENNIAL OR BIG 250th ANNIVERSARY ISSUE? That's right, it's our 250th issue and it's Miles Morales' birthday! But YOU'RE getting all the gifts! A mystery dating back to Miles' first appearance? Answered! A terrifying villain destined to become one of Miles' greatest adversaries? Revealed! Special guests, like maybe Peter Parker: Spider-Man? YOU KNOW IT! All busting out of 25 pages by main series storytellers Saladin Ahmed and Javier Garrón, PLUS a bonus back-up by Ahmed and a special guest artist delving into the history of your new favorite character, STARLING! Your FOMO is well-founded! DON'T MISS IT!

What do you guys think the mystery their mentioning is?

Best bet is the whole Oz formula immortality thing but with the way its written it seems like it could be something else entirely that happened earlier in Miles' introduction, and so far I can't think of anything.

I hope it's the immortality thing, because I can't really think of anything else that's even mildly worth hyping up like that. Plus it would be a good place for it after this arc with the whole experimentation thing, it could be used to explain how he survived all of that uninjured from what we've seen.

Incredible Member

Whatever was in the little red pulp fiction box that Aaron stole that we never got an answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Miles Morales Spider-Man #10

SPIDER-SEMIQUINCENTENNIAL OR BIG 250th ANNIVERSARY ISSUE? That's right, it's our 250th issue and it's Miles Morales' birthday! But YOU'RE getting all the gifts! A mystery dating back to Miles' first appearance? Answered! A terrifying villain destined to become one of Miles' greatest adversaries? Revealed! Special guests, like maybe Peter Parker: Spider-Man? YOU KNOW IT! All busting out of 25 pages by main series storytellers Saladin Ahmed and Javier Garrón, PLUS a bonus back-up by Ahmed and a special guest artist delving into the history of your new favorite character, STARLING! Your FOMO is well-founded! DON'T MISS IT!

What do you guys think the mystery their mentioning is?

Best bet is the whole Oz formula immortality thing but with the way its written it seems like it could be something else entirely that happened earlier in Miles' introduction, and so far I can't think of anything.
    Man, I hope its something good. I need some excitement in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I hope it's the immortality thing, because I can't really think of anything else that's even mildly worth hyping up like that. Plus it would be a good place for it after this arc with the whole experimentation thing, it could be used to explain how he survived all of that uninjured from what we've seen.
    It would also explain why he was even still alive to do that deal with Mephisto in Champions, instead of dying alongside Viv and Kamala. Brawn survived that as well, but he's a Hulk, and Bruce isn't the only Immortal Hulk, all the gamma mutates are immortal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hadn't even considered that, but you're right. It would be an excellent explanation, I hope it is the immortality thing because I think it would be interesting to see the viewpoint of someone who's young and immortal.

I keep forgetting about the immortality if only because I don't think it's canon anymore .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    To be honest that's the only thing I can think of, everything else that's been established since the beginning has been wrapped up, unless it's dealing with other characters from the Ultimate Universe that may be over at the 616 like Jessica.

Ultimate Jessica didn't end up in 616, and was seen when Spider-Men II showed the restored Ultimate Universe. However, she did cameo in the last issue of Web Warriors. Which means either Ultimate came back ages ago, or she was sent to a different universe and got back home later.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview for issue #9
    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mil...omics-preview/
    It's pretty cool to see Ceresi again.

Incredible Member

Huh, wonder why they removed the Raised Fist from the cover

Black Power...
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/bla...st?p=art-print
    Resist...
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/mik...esist?p=poster
    "The raised fist symbolizes revolution and defiance, it is used by various movements including black power and occupy"...
    https://www.123rf.com/photo_26160948...g-black-p.html

Yeah, seems pretty obvious why it was erased.

Ceres!!!! Love that Miles’ almost too-rapidly expanding world from Bendis is sticking around. So much material for future movies.

Also BOOOO at Marvel if they really did scrap that cover.

Could have at least replaced the fist with a web head logo or something...

Who am I kidding that fist was perfect.