Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he may have initially forgot about 1610 - which would mean he wasn't lying to Gwenpool when he appeared in her book - but he should've remembered everything by the time of Spider-Men II. If he's supposed to still not remember, Ahmed hasn't done his homework.
    Or there is some directive not to dwell too much on that aspect of Miles' story because Bendis had a lot of time to delve into it but he never did.

Here are the variants for the big legacy issue this week.

Humberto Ramos Variant (Ramos is still one of my favorite Spider-man artists but I just don't like how "boxy" he drew Miles' torso here. Nice to have Starling on the cover though.)

Ema Lupacchino Immortal Wraparound Variant (second favorite of mine, just wish they gave him his updated hairstyle.)

Ed McGuinness Variant (probably my favorite because it has that old school Ultimate Spider-Man feel to it. Like it's the year 2000 all over again or something.)

The little heart is so cute. And that McGuinness cover is giving me Marquez vibes a bit. Love all of em.

I agree with the Ed McGuinness Variant being the best, there is just something really cool about it.

I thought Starling was Falcon for a second. That's the closest thing to an appearance Sam's made these days .

The weird thing about the McGuinnes cover is the weird protrusions on Miles eye lenses.

Just noticed that there's an artistic variation in the McGuiness cover for the fingers on Miles' costume. It's actually not too bad but I still prefer the regular look.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Here are the variants for the big legacy issue this week.

Humberto Ramos Variant (Ramos is still one of my favorite Spider-man artists but I just don't like how "boxy" he drew Miles' torso here. Nice to have Starling on the cover though.)
    As a former Champions artist as well, he really should know how to draw Miles at this point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like all the variants here, but the Ema Lupacchino one is probably my favorite of the bunch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I don't think Bendis was ever specific on the age range between the brothers. I think most assumed, myself included, that, Jefferson was older due to, as Aaron put it, playing the role as his brothers keeper. It's an interesting dynamic if its the younger sibling that's the more responsible one. Probably thanks to learning from the older brother's mistakes.
    Maybe it was just me, but I always knew Aaron was the older brother and Jefferson the younger. I remember reading an issue wherein we learned about how Jefferson and Aaron used to roll together and how Jefferson was a lot more fiery then than now. Then, we learned that Aaron was the chiller but slicker, less morally adjusted older brother to Jefferson's more smoldering, hot-blooded but also more head-on-straight younger brother.

Similarly, we learned that Jefferson took Rio's last name when they married in large part to distance himself from his past and from his loose-moraled big brother.

If Jefferson looks older, it's because he carries himself more as the mature adult that he is, is bespectacled, and has a shaved head. Jefferson has a more academic, "Professor-ly" aura to his person. Aaron is more loose, casual, and "street" in his dress and mannerisms, and he's still rocking a head full of hair and a trendy beard. Truthfully, in my opinion, you can see that Jefferson appears the younger of the two upon closer inspection; Aaron may dress "hipper" and more youthfully, but if you can get past Jefferson's shaved head, Aaron looks older in the face than Jefferson does.

(Also, Aaron is more visibly and consistently buff in the present then Jefferson is, who isn't out of shape by any means, but doesn't seem to keep his body in the peak physical condition that Aaron very clearly still does.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Or there is some directive not to dwell too much on that aspect of Miles' story because Bendis had a lot of time to delve into it but he never did.
    I feel that's more likely. It's feels like something the higher-ups would want to do, since the point was to bring Miles and his most important crew to 616 to thrive with the rest of the generally thriving Marvel Universe, and not to dwell on a commercially dead and defunct reality that was only being held up in its final throes by Miles and his most important crew themselves. It wasn't brought up right away because bringing it up to dwell on it wasn't important.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-01-2019 at 05:03 PM.

I've been pessimistic for the bulk of the run so far, but this is the first issue that's gotten me really excited for what's to come.
    spoilers:
    The fact that Miles had been inactive for months as well as it being his birthday made me immediately wary. Although the fact that the last digit on his cake and birthday balloons was missing felt like a soft confirmation that Miles age is just going to be a vague implication now. I was worried they were aging him up to fast, but I feel like the joke just confirms Miles age has no effect in his setting or story for the time being.
    Miles also actually lost his memories of the Ultimate universe, but his trauma and seeing Green Goblin is helping him remember somewhat. Ultimatum is also the other Miles Morales who come back to help out Fisk by taking control of Brooklyn while Fisk handles business in other parts of New York. I was worried Ultimatum was going to be this big multiverse level villain, but it turns out he's just going to be a street level guy. I've also noticed a sort of collar embedded in Green Goblin's neck implying Ultimatum is controlling him against his will.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I've been pessimistic for the bulk of the run so far, but this is the first issue that's gotten me really excited for what's to come.
    spoilers:
    The fact that Miles had been inactive for months as well as it being his birthday made me immediately wary. Although the fact that the last digit on his cake and birthday balloons was missing felt like a soft confirmation that Miles age is just going to be a vague implication now. I was worried they were aging him up to fast, but I feel like the joke just confirms Miles age has no effect in his setting or story for the time being.
    Miles also actually lost his memories of the Ultimate universe, but his trauma and seeing Green Goblin is helping him remember somewhat. Ultimatum is also the other Miles Morales who come back to help out Fisk by taking control of Brooklyn while Fisk handles business in other parts of New York. I was worried Ultimatum was going to be this big multiverse level villain, but it turns out he's just going to be a street level guy. I've also noticed a sort of collar embedded in Green Goblin's neck implying Ultimatum is controlling him against his will.
    end of spoilers
    Ultimatum is not street level.

spoilers:
    He's a one man Avengers team. Powers of all the core Ultimates.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    That was pretty good, the family moments were really sweet. I particularly enjoyed the Starling story, though it will be a little disappointing when Vulture shows up again and he's just his usual self.

I always just assumed that was the reason he was named Morales, so no surprise there.

I have one major problem with this though, Miles explicitly says he remembered 1610 in Spider-Men II. I don't understand how you can reconcile him saying he doesn't remember it then turn around and use the antagonist from that story here. Like the only way that makes sense is if someone else is messing with Miles' memories and if so how?

It's also kinda funny that now there are three Norman Osborn's in 616 and the one that's actually the native one thinks he's Cletus Kasady.
    end of spoilers

Also this is the second time the web fluid issue has been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    I have one major problem with this though, Miles explicitly says he remembered 1610 in Spider-Men II. I don't understand how you can reconcile him saying he doesn't remember it then turn around and use the antagonist from that story here. Like the only way that makes sense is if someone else is messing with Miles' memories and if so how?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe someone HAS. Mephisto?
    end of spoilers