Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

That scene at the beginning of AC #3 was haunting, with Miles' conscience being literally drowned by the alien intelligence infesting his mind. BTW, I wonder if Miles will be able to use his experience in fighting Ultimate Venom to be able to free himself.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

December solicits

SPIDER-VERSE #3
    JED MACKAY (W), DIKE RUAN (A), Cover by DAVE RAPOZA

* Peni Parker, A.K.A. SP//dr is back!

* The corruption of the Spider-Verse has reached Earth-14512 and Peni is in deep trouble.

* Can Miles Morales help Peni defeat an all-new villainous incarnation?!

32 pages, $3.99.

I'm super excited for this series and I'm curious about who or what the antagonist is. I'm also looking forward to all the different art styles we'll be seeing.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #13

SALADIN AHMED (W), JAVIER GARRON (A/C)

2020 VARIANT COVER BY RAHZZAH

VENOM ISLAND VARIANT COVER BY EDUARD PETROVICH

Spider-Man! Prowler! Come out to play-ay!

* It's 13 miles from Washington Heights to Brooklyn, and Miles' uncle Aaron is a wanted man.

* Racing the clock, out of web-fluid - if they ever make it home, it'll be by dint of their wits and fists.

32 pages, $3.99.

Rhino couldn't even do Miles a favor and chill out huh? Seems the whole web fluid thing is gaining some plot relevance, I wonder how big a role in the overall plot it will play. It's kinda weird to think about considering that with their powers spider people should be able to just jump around the city easily enough.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 09-19-2019 at 10:54 AM.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ahmed is bringing back the silly electric webs Miles had from the end of Bendis' run. I was hoping they would go ignored and treated as a side effect of him being sick at the time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Ahmed is bringing back the silly electric webs Miles had from the end of Bendis' run. I was hoping they would go ignored and treated as a side effect of him being sick at the time.
    I don't see why, its another example of Miles being able to use his powers in different ways for different situations, as he doesn't really cook up gadgets like Peter does.

And they are just a neat substitute to normal webbing that doesn't full out replace the need for normal webbing, can't really use it to save people without shocking them lol

Also not a fan of the cover. No sir, not at all.

Incredible Member

Also Miles is featured on the cover of History of the Marvel Universe #6, really curious how its gonna wrap up.

I'm not a fan of power ups for the sake of power ups. The electric webbing doesn't feel like a natural extension of what Miles' power set was from the beginning and just comes out of nowhere. Bendis brought that Ganke has been making Miles' web fluid and paying for it. So what does Miles do? Start making it himself? No. Get a part time job to pay for it? No. Does it lead to some argument and any development of Miles and Ganke's relationship? No. Miles gets a random power up to ignore a situation that didn't need to be brought up in the first place if there was no intention to flesh it out.
    Miles has a decent set of powers that already differentiates him from Peter that no one does anything interesting with. No one does anything interesting with his camouflage or the the basic venom strike beyond his webbing being conductible (which makes the electric webs redundant). It just stuck me as a really half baked decision by Bendis that doesn't add anything to Miles story or is even all that interesting and should just remain ignored.
    Also I agree. I don't think the covers not great either.

Incredible Member

Im pretty sure the intention was that neither of them knew the true extent of Miles abilities, that they could still continue to evolve, besides, he lost his webshooters in the story prior and this was followed up by him questioning if he should continue being Spider-Man, so he probably wasn't in a rush to get a new pair.

I'm still not a fan of any new powers given to a character who is never shown using the ones he has now to the full extent. I'm probably just going to continue to be dreading the return of the electric webs unless Ahmed is able to write an something utilizing them that makes me think "wow that was really cool. I'm so glad that Miles has those powers".

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I don't see why, its another example of Miles being able to use his powers in different ways for different situations, as he doesn't really cook up gadgets like Peter does.

And they are just a neat substitute to normal webbing that doesn't full out replace the need for normal webbing, can't really use it to save people without shocking them lol

Also not a fan of the cover. No sir, not at all.
    Agreed on all points. It's also really weird for the Rhino suit to be vascular like that, it's kinda off putting. I'm also just not a fan of Aaron's new suit, the cape is alright though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed on all points. It's also really weird for the Rhino suit to be vascular like that, it's kinda off putting. I'm also just not a fan of Aaron's new suit, the cape is alright though.
    I miss his trench coat he had in the Ultimate Universe lol

I don't know how I feel about the energy webs. Maybe if they're not as overpowered as the Super Venom Blast, which I feel like even Ahmed has acknowledged is pretty OP .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The cape is a Hobie thing though. I know they ripped it for him in the movie, but it feels weird.

Although it's kind of funny that right now Hobie is wearing something more like the Ultimate Prowler costume while Aaron is wearing something more like what Hobie used to wear.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

As far as the new Prowler suit goes, I just hate the color palette and the toe shoes. Aaron as Prowler is supposed to be a thief, so him having a loud purple and green outfit doesn't make sense. It should be darker and more mute all around.

Preview for the Absolute Carnage #2 tie-in is out.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    As far as the new Prowler suit goes, I just hate the color palette and the toe shoes. Aaron as Prowler is supposed to be a thief, so him having a loud purple and green outfit doesn't make sense. It should be darker and more mute all around.

Oh yeah, then the cape makes even less sense. He's not Golden Age Catwoman .

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

The toe shoes is such as weird addition, I can't think of a single time a character had something like that and if they did they were probably had some animal motif going on. You're also right about the color palette, I don't know why they went so bright, I know they're trying to get some attention by evoking some of movie Aaron but this is not the way. It's just making me miss the Iron-Spider armor, it was gone far too soon. I haven't enjoyed Garron's art from the start, and I looked at some of his other work and enjoyed some of the covers he did, but this really just reinforced my belief that he was not they right artist for this series.

About the preview did anyone else notice they used the Ultimate Universe designs for everyone on the first page besides Ganke, which really just reinforces my dislike of his new design because even with a different art style and no facial hair he still ends up looking far too old. I think the last time we saw Rio and Jeff look like that it was on the cover of issue 21 from the previous run, even Peter looks pretty young here.

Incredible Member

Yeah, i remember when his mom was a babe(sorry Miles)