Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1212
  1. #1021
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Miles lives with his family and goes to the same school he always has. When he was brought to 616 his supporting cast was brought over with him including his mom and uncle who were revived from the dead. It wasn't made clear until recently, but Miles had also forgotten the Ultimate universe and only has some vague memories of it so as far as he and anyone else are concerned Miles has always been from 616.
    Molecule Man did that because he gave him a cheeseburger right?

  2. #1022
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Molecule Man did that because he gave him a cheeseburger right?
    Yes. It was the first real food Molecule Man had had in literally eight years. If Doom had just remembered to feed him once in a while . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #1023
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. It was the first real food Molecule Man had had in literally eight years. If Doom had just remembered to feed him once in a while . . .
    God Doom! All those plans destroyed because of a cheeseburger smh!

  4. #1024
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    God Doom! All those plans destroyed because of a cheeseburger smh!
    Pretty much. As usual, Doom underestimated the simple value of treating his underlings/"partners" kindly, and this time . . . he really paid for it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #1025
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's because you can tell Bendis wrote himself into a corner with that sequel hook and felt obligated to follow up on it since it was a loose thread.

    I can't really fault Saladin for trying to salvage the story since, for bad or worst, it's out there.

    As far as Miles remembering the Ultimate Universe, I think Saladin handled it about the best he could all things considered. There was a pretty blatant divide between how Bendis handled it (ie outright ignoring it in the main title until Spider-Men II) and how all the other writers handled it (making it very vague like in Gwenpool and Venom). So I'm happy with the compromise Saladin went with of Miles having a clear mental block. It lines up really well with how Miles have acted in his guest appearances in other books.
    Wanted to reiterate an old point, but Bendis and everyone else in general likely kept low-key about it because it would have been counter-intuitive and counterproductive to dwell on the Ultimate Universe immediately after bringing Miles and them over to this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Enjoyed this issue.

    Is Americops still a thing or did it stop in Sam Wilson CA?
    They should be, quite frankly. Too lucrative a story point to drop.

    That said, not sure I can recall seeing them post-Secret Empire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I thought the Miles-Kingpin dynamic in Spider-Men II was the best part of the book and their brief exchange in #250 seemed like a natural continuation of that.
    Agreed. I know it's cool to dislike Spider-Men II, directly or passive-aggressively, but I enjoyed it myself. And my favorite parts were how the relationship and genuine friendship 616 Miles and Wilson Fisk shared really humanized 616 Miles. It was side I'm not used to seeing in Kingpin, for one, and I loved it. It did its job of providing a humanizing perspective to 616, and was quite wholesome in its own way, in spite of the circumstances.

    I know it's also cool to passive-aggressively hate on Bendis's writing style, but it actually really help make the Miles/Wilson friendship as genuine as it was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    616 Miles was a fine character and I'm eager to see what his deal is now that he's back. My only problem with him is that he was the main focus of Spider-Men II, a book that should have focused on our Miles and Peter's relationship.
    I disagree with the latter, as the point was to find out and explore just who the original 616 version of Miles was. And they did. And it was meaningful because he was the primary focus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Former Spider-Man supporting cast member Goldballs had a major role in House of X #5.
    Would you mind elaborating for a bit? Haven't followed House of X (or many comics lately...), but I miss Goldballs and am curious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh, lol, I'm still excited by the teaser images we've seen of Miles potentially wearing the Riot Symbiote and the Miles Spider-Thing (exact). I thought those sort of developments was what the poster was talking about, my bad.
    This is what I get for being absent for a month. I knew Miles had his, uh... Carnage, thing, form. But what's this about potentially wearing the Riot Symbiote?

  6. #1026
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Wanted to reiterate an old point, but Bendis and everyone else in general likely kept low-key about it because it would have been counter-intuitive and counterproductive to dwell on the Ultimate Universe immediately after bringing Miles and them over to this one.
    I don't blame him for not wanting to bog the series down in continuity though not addressing it potentially caused more problems then it solved, especially when he actually did address Ultimate Universe stuff.
    Agreed. I know it's cool to dislike Spider-Men II, directly or passive-aggressively, but I enjoyed it myself. And my favorite parts were how the relationship and genuine friendship 616 Miles and Wilson Fisk shared really humanized 616 Miles. It was side I'm not used to seeing in Kingpin, for one, and I loved it. It did its job of providing a humanizing perspective to 616, and was quite wholesome in its own way, in spite of the circumstances.
    Maybe it didn't do it for me, personally, because it just felt "been there, done that" with Fisk by that point. Esepcially when the likelihood of it being relevant past that mini didn't seem likely (obviously that's different now, but in hindsight).
    I disagree with the latter, as the point was to find out and explore just who the original 616 version of Miles was. And they did. And it was meaningful because he was the primary focus.
    I guess the question was whether focusing on him instead of giving the actual Spider-Men a relevant arc was necessary or had a point (beyond bringing back the Ultimate Universe).

  7. #1027
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Spider-Verse was a lot of fun, the art was great and the premise looks interesting. I loved the looks of all the different spiders and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

  8. #1028
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Spider-verse was fun read. Not particularly ground breaking but fun. Spider-zero has interesting design. I thought about it during the preview.
    spoilers:
    Is it possible she's an AU version of Miles? Would explain why she chose him
    end of spoilers

  9. #1029
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Spider-verse was fun read. Not particularly ground breaking but fun. Spider-zero has interesting design. I thought about it during the preview.
    spoilers:
    Is it possible she's an AU version of Miles? Would explain why she chose him
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It could be another AU future daughter of his.
    end of spoilers

  10. #1030
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Gotta wonder if they are maybe slowly edging Peter out of the whole Spider-Verse wackiness and making it a Miles thing now.

  11. #1031
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Gotta wonder if they are maybe slowly edging Peter out of the whole Spider-Verse wackiness and making it a Miles thing now.
    I think they've been doing that for a while now. Lead in Spidergeddon, Into to the Spider-Verse, the mini.

    Frankly, it makes sense. Miles started as an AU Spider-Man and Peter's never really fit in with those stories. He wasn't even supposed to be in the original Spider-Verse, it was designed as a SpOck story.

  12. #1032
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Spider-verse was fun read. Not particularly ground breaking but fun. Spider-zero has interesting design. I thought about it during the preview.
    spoilers:
    Is it possible she's an AU version of Miles? Would explain why she chose him
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    It could be another AU future daughter of his.
    end of spoilers
    I was thinking the same thing, guess we won't know until we learn her name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Gotta wonder if they are maybe slowly edging Peter out of the whole Spider-Verse wackiness and making it a Miles thing now.
    It makes sense Spder-Verse, Spider-Geddon, Spider-Men/Spider-Men II, Secret Wars, the Spider-Gwen crossover, and now the movie multiverse stuff has been a part of Miles stories almost since the beginning.

  13. #1033
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    Champions #10 was a pretty neat send-off for the series even though it was abruptly cancelled. It actually tied up the loose ends with Blackheart from Bendis' run.

    Miles and Kamala also had a cameo in Marvel #1001. Apparently at some point when they were on the Avengers (or maybe the early Champions days) they had a prank war. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  14. #1034
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Absolute Carnage:Miles Morales Lupacchino variant

  15. #1035
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Miles is getting a The End oneshot

    MILES MORALES: THE END #1
    Writer: SALADIN AHMED
    Artist: DAMION SCOTT
    THE FINAL MILES MORALES STORY!
    Humanity makes its last stand in the only place strong enough to survive: BROOKLYN. Former Spider-Man, Miles Morales, leads the last bastion of civilization into the future! Penned by MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN author SALADIN AHMED!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-th...america-venom/
    I'm definitely looking forward to this. Also nice to finally get a real future Miles story.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 10-03-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •