Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1392

I hope Miles is still a major character, but I actually hope the sequel puts Miguel in the spot light. It would be pretty interesting to see a Spider-Man film focusing on those two over Peter for once.

Incredible Member

https://twitter.com/spiderverse/stat...374377472?s=21

Its officially, but its gonna be a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I hope Miles is still a major character, but I actually hope the sequel puts Miguel in the spot light. It would be pretty interesting to see a Spider-Man film focusing on those two over Peter for once.
    It would be interesting to see how their chemistry and banter would compare to Peter and Miguel in Edge of Time.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, they're using Miles' logo for the teaser announcement, so I think it's a given he's going to be the main character again.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, they're using Miles' logo for the teaser announcement, so I think it's a given he's going to be the main character again.
    I don't think they could have done a sequel without him being the main character unless they turn it into an anthology type franchise, but people were too invested in him for that to be doable in my opinion.

Besides, this is probably his only chance at being a franchise star in outside media at this point.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Same. They do have a good amount in common, and some of what Miles did as a character was preestablished by Miguel O'Hara when 2099 first debuted. For example, Miguel was a Spider-Man of Latino heritage nearly twenty years before Miles's debut, and both he and Miles were intended to contrast with Peter Parker as characters --- Miguel was an adult with a career when he first became Spider-Man and Miles was even younger than Peter was when he first became Spider-Man. Neither of them were very talkative when in the mask, though Miguel did so to better conceal his identity (as he was incredibly snarky as himself) and Miles did so to keep people from noticing how overwhelmed and uncertain he was when he was starting out. Both of them were incredibly hesitant to become heroes and step into Peter Parker's shoes when they first gained their powers, and guilt also factored into how and when they decided to take their responsibilities more seriously; Miguel because of his past work for Alchemax perpetuating the suffering the megacorporation inflicted on the world of 2099, Miles because his inaction might or might not have led to Peter Parker's death. Oh, and their costumes were both black and red (though Miguel's appeared dark blue due to a coloring error that stuck) and cooler than Peter Parker's, as a side note.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Amy pascal said it we be about a Miles and his love story with gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Besides, this is probably his only chance at being a franchise star in outside media at this point.
    Kind of a pipedream, but I'd love an animated series that focused on Miles starting off as Spider-Man, and an older Peter Parker who's established as an Avenger. Between Spider-Verse and the PS4 game I think they've proven an older Peter Parker can resonate with audiences and I'm kind of over making Peter a teenager again lol

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Kind of a pipedream, but I'd love an animated series that focused on Miles starting off as Spider-Man, and an older Peter Parker who's established as an Avenger. Between Spider-Verse and the PS4 game I think they've proven an older Peter Parker can resonate with audiences and I'm kind of over making Peter a teenager again lol
    Agreed. Diminishing returns each time on that one. I blame the success of Ultimate (the comics) for making some people think Peter Parker "works best" as a permanent adolescent.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Amy pascal said it we be about a Miles and his love story with gwen.
    I just hope that won't mean forced synergy from the comics.

This is my dream show. Bring back adult Peter goddammit and a more comic accurate version of Miles and his supporting cast.

Peter as an Avenger is the only way I was able to think of to write him out of a Miles Spider-Man cartoon short of actually killing him. Because I do think you need to write him out or you face the issue of Superman on Supergirl.

At this point I don't think they can do another cartoon with a teenager Peter. I think they've just about run out of things you can do with him there.

In before the next cartoon is starring teen Peter, Miles, and Gwen .

Peter as an Avenger is the only way I was able to think of to write him out of a Miles Spider-Man cartoon short of actually killing him. Because I do think you need to write him out or you face the issue of Superman on Supergirl.

At this point I don't think they can do another cartoon with a teenager Peter. I think they've just about run out of things you can do with him there.

In before the next cartoon is starring teen Peter, Miles, and Gwen .
    Could always have him retired too, y'know, like in MC2, and just have Miles not knowing his secret identity, to maybe limit their interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Could always have him retired too, y'know, like in MC2, and just have Miles not knowing his secret identity, to maybe limit their interactions.
    A part of me feels that would be a little too Batman Beyond-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Could be a little MC2ish with Peter having stepped down to raise his daughter after one final battle with Norman Osborn.

That's why I mentioned having Miles not knowing his secret identity, that way Peter could do some stealth mentoring, but Miles would be more independent than Terry.