Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1323
  1. #1201
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    This is my dream show. Bring back adult Peter goddammit and a more comic accurate version of Miles and his supporting cast.
    Yeah, the word "Ganke" has yet to be uttered. In the MCU he's called Ned, and both Ultimate and the current cartoon didn't use him at all. The Spider-Verse movie would've used him, but he got cut when they found out about the MCU's Ned.

  2. #1202
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Could be a little MC2ish with Peter having stepped down to raise his daughter after one final battle with Norman Osborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's why I mentioned having Miles not knowing his secret identity, that way Peter could do some stealth mentoring, but Miles would be more independent than Terry.
    I could see that working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the word "Ganke" has yet to be uttered. In the MCU he's called Ned, and both Ultimate and the current cartoon didn't use him at all. The Spider-Verse movie would've used him, but he got cut when they found out about the MCU's Ned.
    Wasn't there a "Ganke Lee" cut of the movie released on DVD?

  3. #1203
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Well I'm glad they finally are pulling the trigger on when the sequel was going to be. Sony kept talking about new animations coming out based around the success of into the spiderverse without announcing the sequel of into the spiderverse itself. I'm also excited as the explored relationship between gwen and miles. Sitting in a tree was largely a dud to the fakeout. And I've read they originally was going to have them become a couple in the first movie when someone stepped in and requested for them to start as friends first. So I'm glad we're going to see it move forward.

  4. #1204
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Well I'm glad they finally are pulling the trigger on when the sequel was going to be. Sony kept talking about new animations coming out based around the success of into the spiderverse without announcing the sequel of into the spiderverse itself. I'm also excited as the explored relationship between gwen and miles. Sitting in a tree was largely a dud to the fakeout. And I've read they originally was going to have them become a couple in the first movie when someone stepped in and requested for them to start as friends first. So I'm glad we're going to see it move forward.
    I'm really wondering what's going on there since the only thing they can make is hour long+ animated content since Marvel has the normal animation rights.

  5. #1205
    Spectacular Member Modamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Issue 12 was pretty solid.

    My only gripe is that I feel like this issue is half of a story. I feel awkward making that claim without the next issue, but I think that they should have cut some of the fluff and paced the issue differently.

  6. #1206
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    That covers my feelings pretty well, this entire issue was just setup for the next issue not much else to really talk about.

  7. #1207
    Fantastic Member Hugo Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Man Mountain Marko, one of the best names ever, after Paste Pot Pete.

  8. #1208
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That covers my feelings pretty well, this entire issue was just setup for the next issue not much else to really talk about.
    Yeah, not much to this issue. It was a decent read, though, and I'm stoked that it sets up the next issue as a homage to The Warriors. That should be a blast.

  9. #1209
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,143

    Default

    Loved this issue. The antagonistic, but familiar love between Miles and Aaron was perfect.

  10. #1210
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,956

    Default

    I was soo in to the story that I didn't realize I finished it lol! Are writers really allowed to do this in a comic? That was unsatisfying.

  11. #1211
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really wondering what's going on there since the only thing they can make is hour long+ animated content since Marvel has the normal animation rights.
    Well many of these were non comic related animations they said that was inspired by spiderverse. So it was like they were using into the spiderverse to advertise their non spider man products without actually discussing their into the spiderverse sequel. So I'm glad we finally got the announcement of the sequel itself. I understand wanting to use your greatest success to drive fans to different properties, but that shouldn't mean you neglect the success to begin with.

  12. #1212
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Well many of these were non comic related animations they said that was inspired by spiderverse. So it was like they were using into the spiderverse to advertise their non spider man products without actually discussing their into the spiderverse sequel. So I'm glad we finally got the announcement of the sequel itself. I understand wanting to use your greatest success to drive fans to different properties, but that shouldn't mean you neglect the success to begin with.
    I wasn't really expecting much to come from the TV spinoffs anyways.

  13. #1213
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Here's some panels from Spider-Verse #5



    I really love this art.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 11-15-2019 at 07:38 PM.

  14. #1214
    Spectacular Member Modamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    161

    Default

    I have yet to read Spider-Man Noir. Does he normally fight Nazis?

  15. #1215
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I have yet to read Spider-Man Noir. Does he normally fight Nazis?
    He did in the second Spider-Man Noir miniseries, "Eyes Without a Face," though they were American collaborators with the Nazis and not necessarily the actual German Nazis.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •