Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1392

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Now that you mention it what's even the point of the name change when he's barely in the show?
    I guess it's like Digifiend said. It's probably so they won't have Spider-Man toys labeled "Miles Morales"(which is kind of lame).

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I guess it's like Digifiend said. It's probably so they won't have Spider-Man toys labeled "Miles Morales"(which is kind of lame).
    Not that it seems like this show sells much toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have to think Marvel has a better marketing department to come up with these names...but then I remember these are probably the same people who came up with "Ghost Spider" .
    I mean, at least Ghost Spiders are a real thing, but yeah, it's stupid sounding, and unfitting too, Miles of all people would be more fitting to be called "Ghost-Spider" since he can turn invisible, so I guess you can maybe call him a ghost if he looks translucent enough, and it'd still be weird...

I just wonder why they don't just use Arachne, Julia did use this for a while, but now she's Madame Web, so it's available, and certainly sounds way better than fucking Ghost-Spider lol

But these are the same writers who thought it was a good idea to have Gwen Stacy parading around maskless in her costumed identity with no consequences and then suddenly she has a mask and secret identity the subsequent season.
    Maybe she OMDed off-screen

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I just wonder why they don't just use Arachne, Julia did use this for a while, but now she's Madame Web, so it's available, and certainly sounds way better than fucking Ghost-Spider lol
    Maybe it's just me, but Arachne sounds too feminine.

Maybe it's just me, but Arachne sounds too feminine.
    And what, it'd be unfitting with Gwen?

Then again, she is more of a tomboy, so yeah, I see your point...

Still, Julia is using Madame Web, that's a name for someone who sounds like she's at least 70, and works well enough for Julia lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And what, it'd be unfitting with Gwen?

Then again, she is more of a tomboy, so yeah, I see your point...

Still, Julia is using Madame Web, that's a name for someone who sounds like she's at least 70, and works well enough for Julia lol.
    Oh, I thought we were talking about a codename for Miles. I read too fast .

Oh, I thought we were talking about a codename for Miles. I read too fast .
    Well, for Miles, like I said last page, Arachnid would be decent enough, and I can't understand why in the fuck hell someone thought "Kid Arachnid" was a good idea, just "Arachnid" is 200x better lol.

To be honest, it gets even worse. "Spy-D" is a dumb joke that Gwen comes up with and everyone latches onto, with Miles not sure he really wants people calling him that .

Hardly matters anyway... there's only one episode left this season, and next season will be much shorter than usual. Even if "Spy-D" sticks, it won't be used much.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Don't miss Venom #20.
    spoilers:
    The Maker has managed to access Earth-1610. Ultimate Venom's back! Now, when will he encounter Miles?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't miss Venom #20.
    spoilers:
    The Maker has managed to access Earth-1610. Ultimate Venom's back! Now, when will he encounter Miles?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering Cates is just an obvious Ultimate fan, I'm surprised he didn't do that earlier, specially since when Miles meets Eddie in Cates' run, he mentions "Something like you hurt my mom".

I'm not exactly sure why Ultimate Venom would be in Venom's comic though, Miles is obviously the only one who has a reason to meet him, but Eddie? I guess it could be used to show a symbiote at its worse, or just show how different symbiotes can be in the multiverse...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not sure many people were asking for Ultimate Venom to come back...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not sure many people were asking for Ultimate Venom to come back...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Was he even popular? I mean, he had an awesome voice actor in the Ultimate game, and he was fun to play, but outside of that, I don't think he had that much of a presence
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's some panels from next month's Miles Morales: The End coming out next month. I've got to say this is a pretty cool art style, not something you'd typically see but definitely very cool. Also a better look at the costume makes me of a fan of it, just seeing the added collar ups my enjoyment for some reason.

It's alright, reminds me a bit too much of the art style I saw with Luke Cage solo. Kudos if it floats your boat, but those art styles are a bit too stylized for my taste. I'll still pick up the book tho.

spoilers:
    The most interesting thing I could see coming from bringing Ultimate Venom to 616 is finally having some development for Rio.
    end of spoilers