Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1392

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A Spider-Man with his secret identity as public knowledge. Remember what happened the last time that happened? That being said, this Outlawed story arc sounds a lot like what could have been a semi-reasonable compromise after the Stamford Incident that precipitated the original Civil War; since it was a band of teenage heroes at the center of that calamity, the regulations could have just been that anyone under 18-19 trying to be a superpowered crimefighter needed to be trained by an Avengers Academy or something like that before they could go out and fight crime, instead of forcing everyone --- even those who'd already long since proven their capability and worth --- to register. I could see it turning out slightly like My Hero Academia if it works out positively enough, though.
    A school to train the kid heroes that would be good but wouldnt that cause the perception that they will age. But it also needs to do a good job explaining how bad teenages are at saving people conpare to adults when honestly it seems the same to me
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    A school to train the kid heroes that would be good but wouldnt that cause the perception that they will age. But it also needs to do a good job explaining how bad teenages are at saving people conpare to adults when honestly it seems the same to me
    Good point as well. The New Warriors were at least competent until the plot kicking off the original Civil War necessitated that they not be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Precisely this, especially considering that since the characters are all recent creations none of them really have ever actually screwed up saving someone. Not to mention the entire purpose of creating Champions was to put civilians at the top priority, so them suddenly being bad at it would just feel forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Precisely this, especially considering that since the characters are all recent creations none of them really have ever actually screwed up saving someone. Not to mention the entire purpose of creating Champions was to put civilians at the top priority, so them suddenly being bad at it would just feel forced.
    Another good point. The Champions did form in response to the failures of the adult heroes to prioritize saving lives and bettering the world over destructive superpowered grudge matches with familiar foes or even each other. If they're the ones at the center of whatever catastrophe leads to this act being passed into law . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eh, not really. Look at the Champions membership. Only the main three and Bombshell have secret identities. On the Young Avengers, nobody at all does. Squirrel Girl got outed just before her book ended, Spider-Gwen was outed on her own world and came to 616 to regain a secret identity.

It's the same at DC, it's really just the Bat and Super families that have secret IDs.
    I think it's a little more widespread among the actual Champions.

I'm not sure if anyone could tell how old Ghost Spider is (and if she has a secret identity in 616, then she's relevant to this).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Another good point. The Champions did form in response to the failures of the adult heroes to prioritize saving lives and bettering the world over destructive superpowered grudge matches with familiar foes or even each other. If they're the ones at the center of whatever catastrophe leads to this act being passed into law . . .
    Which, granted, doesn't seem as poignant now as it did then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm not sure if anyone could tell how old Ghost Spider is (and if she has a secret identity in 616, then she's relevant to this).

Which, granted, doesn't seem as poignant now as it did then.
    Mostly because it seems like the adult heroes did some semblance of self-reflection after Secret Empire shocked them to their core and refocused on doing and being better. At least, that would be my take on it.

Niffleheim

Wasn't Miles talking to the mother of a girl that died in Champions that forced him to succumb to making a deal with Mephisto? Will we see the mother at Congress too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Wasn't Miles talking to the mother of a girl that died in Champions that forced him to succumb to making a deal with Mephisto? Will we see the mother at Congress too?
    The mother doesn’t know anything about the actual deal Miles made with Mephisto. Also her daughter dying was due to the deal. Miles only made said deal because in that battle Kamala and Viv died and Mephisto offered to turn back time for a do over. Miles agreed without knowing that by saving his comrades he accidentally doomed the daughter by not being there to save her from the falling debris. When he found out it hit him hard.

Gwen's recap page says she's a teenager who got her powers months ago. She's apparently 19, despite the fact that she started out at that age and was in jail for a year at the end of Jason Latour's run - Seanan McGuire must've retconned that to a much shorter period of time. And yes, her identity is secret on 616, it's the main reason she's at 616's Empire State University instead of Earth-65's. This new law is a problem for her.

As for the Champions, look at all 15 main team members. Riri and Nadia are both very public. Snowguard attends Viv's school, and her being a superhero is the whole reason she's in the US. The other kids there know they have two Champions in their school. Amadeus, obviously, also has no secret identity. He lost all his money in court because of the damage he did in the last arc of his solo book. Falcon can't really hide himself, and Patriot's known to at least the people who were at the Underground Resistance in Secret Empire. I don't believe Power Man's identity is secret either, and neither is Dust's - that clothing she wears is for religious reasons, not for protecting a secret identity. Locust and Pinpoint I'm not sure about. Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Nova and Bombshell do have secret identities.

Oh, and about issue 13:
    spoilers:
    Miles's sister has been born: Billie Mariana Morales.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-11-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So today's issue was a pretty fun one & done. Picking up from where the previews left off:

spoilers:
    Miles and Aaron end up getting ambushed by Rhino. Miles attempts to talk Aleksi down and call a truce, but Rhino rebuffs the offer since there's too much money on the table for Prowler's head for him to walk away. Aaron for his part is perplexed when Miles and Rhino seemingly got so chummy. The fight is pretty short and ends when Miles and Aaron trips Rhino up and sends him careening off the bridge.

Following the scrimmage, a ride arrives for Miles and Aaron in the form of a refitted Goblin Glider. The two end up flying back to Brooklyn and just as they cross the Brooklyn Bridge they get ambushed by Scorpia, White Rabbit, and Trapster of the Sinister Syndicate. Miles ends up knocking out White Rabbit and escaping with Aaron, but not before Trapster managed to place a tracking device on him. They get ambushed by the Syndicate again but this time Starling swoops in for the save and tranqs the remaining members. She's too busy with her own case to give them a lift though.

The final roadblock to Ceres' hideout ends up being the return of the Frost Pharoh. They end up making short work of him and Aaron goes into the hideout alone. Ceres manages to convince Ultimatum to drop his hit on Prowler since Prowler proved his worth making it so far with his busted tech, but in return, Prowler is now going to be under his employ full-time.

The issue ends with Miles and Aaron finally making it to the hospital. Rio ended up having a successful delivery and welcomes Billie Mariana Morales to the world.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Marvel are using that development to promote the book.

https://www.newsarama.com/48222-mile...is-resume.html
    Expect Billie to debut in her costumed superhero identity sometime in the foreseeable future.
    What if she already has? Spider-Zero in Spider-Verse could easily be an AU future version of her.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Issue 13 is pretty good. I still feel like this and the past two issues could have had a lot of fat trimmed and been made into a single issue or two issues at most.
    spoilers:
    I guess the main focus of this arc was just to set up Aaron working for Ultimatum. Also I'm really happy I was wrong and they didn't bring back the electro webs; Miles doesn't need anymore powers he just needs better fight scenes. Lastly, between the hooded cape and now the glider I gotta ask; are they trying to turn Aaron into the Hobgoblin?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well, that baby sure got born quick.

Really not sure how I feel about all this...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well, that baby sure got born quick.

Really not sure how I feel about all this...
    end of spoilers
    I don't either, I mean there's the upcoming babysitting issue but that's about it. Not a lot to do with a baby other than that especially since she's not his own and they don't live together. I said it before when the baby was first announced, a baby is not a character they're background noise to remind the reader that they exist..

Also at this point I'm convinced at this point that Spider-Verse should have just been a few one shots of Miles teaming up with other spiders because that's how it has been going and has shown no sign of any interconnectedness.

Maybe the reason the middle issues seem like filler is because they couldn't give away Zero's identity yet. Would make sense if it's an older Billie.