Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Though that is a shoddy piece of art. What the heck happened to her hand? Her thumb looks broken!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hank being in the Avengers game in his proper age means Janet is probably in the game as an NPC too. And since they'll keep releasing more heroes after the game launches, Janet has a decent chance to be playable

Yeah, looks like the game is going with comics canon for the Ant-Man and Wasp characters. Hank's only seen out of costume in the trailer though, so they seem to have gone with his West Coast era Dr Pym identity.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I absolutely love her design here. Would've preferred a bob, but I love her headphones/antennae.

Looks like a mix for her EMH and Comic counterparts.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m loving her design!

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #56 Jun 1964
    "The Coming of the Magician!"
    Rushing home, Giant-Man inspects a ring that he plans to give to the Wasp. Finding it perfect, he waits for her.
    When she comes home, he acts nervous, causing the Wasp to wonder if he will ever express his true feelings.
    Thinking that making him jealous will spur him to finally talk about his feelings,
    the Wasp tells Giant-Man that she's going to a party with another man social register member Sterling Stuyvesant and leaves.
    Upset that he cannot muster the guts to express himself to the Wasp, Giant-Man tosses
    the ring away and decides to lose himself in his work, instead of trying to be a romantic.

Soon he is alerted by his ants about a character named the Magician.
    Finding him rather sinister looking, Giant-Man decides to investigate on his own.

A short time later, at Stuyvesant's party, the Magician appears as the entertainment and dazzles the crowd with his magic tricks.
    He soon traps the audience under a large blanket and begins robbing them of their valuables.

Janet shrinks down to her Wasp identity and tries to tackle the Magician on her own, but is soon trapped in the Magician's magic wand.

The Magician then makes his escape. Giant-Man arrives shortly after and is informed of what happened.

Deciding to trick the Magician into appearing for him, as Hank Pym, Giant-Man stages a fake yacht party.
    The plan works and the Magician appears at the fake party. He ends up battling Giant-Man,
    until he attempts to escape in his personal blimp. The two battle on the blimp.
    The Wasp is freed, and the Magician tries to kill both ant-sized heroes by setting his trained rabbit on them.
    Giant-Man resumes his giant size and scares the bunny away and attacks his foe.

The Magician uses hypnosis to stop Giant-Man in his tracks, while the Wasp unplugs the blimp,

causing it to deflate and crash into the water.
    Realizing Hank was possibly still aboard, the Wasp laments having killed the only man she loved.
    However, Giant-Man soon turns up alive, riding into sight, ant-size, on a paper airplane.

With the Magician fished out of the water by the police, the two weary heroes are taken back to shore.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Dick Ayers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I absolutely love her design here. Would've preferred a bob, but I love her headphones/antennae.
    They basically used her design from the first half of this decade, but with the antennae added. Looks good. It makes sense that she's shown with her modern comics crop and not the older bob look - means she won't be mistaken for Nadia/Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They basically used her design from the first half of this decade, but with the antennae added. Looks good. It makes sense that she's shown with her modern comics crop and not the older bob look - means she won't be mistaken for Nadia/Hope.
    They also added some armor bits, I think it's a great touch.

Love that design for Janet. Might actually be my new favorite.

Her quote is interesting.

It's complicated. Let's just say he's from the side of the family that isn't invited to holiday photos anymore.
    Guess it's in reference to Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Looks like a mix for her EMH and Comic counterparts.
    She looks awesome!! I love those nods to both comic books and EMH! When I saw the first trailer for the game, I thought that Jan had to be in it somehow!! Yay!!

EDIT: Wait... I'm confused... is this for the new game that lauches in May next year or is it another one? I'm really not up to date on video games
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 06-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff