Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    MUA3 render of Jan
    She looks lovely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Hank being in the Avengers game in his proper age means Janet is probably in the game as an NPC too. And since they'll keep releasing more heroes after the game launches, Janet has a decent chance to be playable
    I think Hank/Janet have a disadvantage of being playable in this kind of game due to their power-set, unless it's specially designed levels just for them.
    In open areas, the size shifting powers could easily mess up the map and camera.
    I hope they come up with something creative to work around it.(Hopefully they don't just reduce them to use shape-shifting ray guns.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-13-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think Hank/Janet have a disadvantage of being playable in this kind of game due to their power-set, unless it's specially designed levels just for them.
    In open areas, the size shifting powers could easily mess up the map and camera.
    I hope they come up with something creative to work around it.(Hopefully they don't just reduce them to use shape-shifting ray guns.)
    It's a major AAA game, they won't have tech issues for antman and wasp, we're past ultimate alliance 1-2 days. I think Janet has very decent chance to be playable in this game when you consider we're definitely not gonna have her and hank old, they are going to release new heroes post launch and the female character count is currently at 1 which is super low

Let's put Jan's involvement in recent games in to a perspective.

Around 1.5 years ago she was a major player in lego marvel superheroes 2, a neat surprise. She wasn't in MVCI but neither was antman and that game was a mess that died quickly.

Marvel Battle Lines launched with Jan being one of the few heroes you could pick as a player.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has Jan playable and she looks fantastic, her debut in the series.

Marvel Super War is currently at beta, no Jan so far but it's super early, so I think she'll be added to that as well.

I think things are looking really good for her, we're done with Hope being in games which lasted like 2 months until amatw hype died.

Extraordinary Member

It's a major AAA game, they won't have tech issues for antman and wasp, we're past ultimate alliance 1-2 days. I think Janet has very decent chance to be playable in this game when you consider we're definitely not gonna have her and hank old, they are going to release new heroes post launch and the female character count is currently at 1 which is super low
    I mean shrinking to ant size will end with models details extremely zoomed, and models' colliding size and stuff. Unless they don't let you stay small or huge but only include moves that involves size-shifting.
    Yeah I kinda hate they always act like Black Widow is the only woman in the existence of Avengers even in a game.
    On the bright side, Janet may get the benefit of a better model design since the critism of the weird models for "OG5" is pouring in.

I also could see them doing what I expect they'll do with Captain Marvel and make her somewhat derivative of Iron Man's playstyle, with just some added caveats for the shrinking.

Although it looks like Hank just fires a gun that shrinks stuff instead of being full-on Ant-Man so they might not want to incorporate that as a game element.

So break the comics canon and have her fly at normal size, like Nadia can. Janet would of course also have her stingers, and maybe the ability to summon ants and wasps.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Cool to see Wasp back in the Stern era, complete with the yellow costume .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Nice to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

I guess this counts for putting Jan in an Avengers book again .

Astonishing Member

Nice to see her back on a team book again...especially with her about to lose her supporting role in UNSTOPPABLE WASP.

She'll still be in Iron Man though.

Incidentally, this new book is by Zub, so he's now writing both Wasps (since Nadia is in Champions).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Big day for Janet! 2 issues! Kicks ass in both. Also great tonyjan material in iron man!