Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Found an Inktober that you missed, Captain M.

https://twitter.com/AzizDraws/status...92048705843200
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh yeah there has bene many more, I just didn't want to spam more. But yeah that's a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Found an Inktober that you missed, Captain M.

https://twitter.com/AzizDraws/status...92048705843200
    Interesting rif on the MCU design .

You know what's funny? One of the other Artgerm Inktober prompts was Ms. Marvel. Artgerm meant Carol, he drew her in her first costume. But he forgot to specify, so quite a few people drew Kamala instead. But with Wasp, I haven't encountered any Nadias, and in fact this one is the only one which could possibly not be Janet (with the helmet on, it's impossible to tell if it's Janet or Hope, and the artist didn't specify). It's not an exact match to any particular costume, and at least one game (Strike Force) has Janet wearing something like this.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You know what's funny? One of the other Artgerm Inktober prompts was Ms. Marvel. Artgerm meant Carol, he drew her in her first costume. But he forgot to specify, so quite a few people drew Kamala instead. But with Wasp, I haven't encountered any Nadias, and in fact this one is the only one which could possibly not be Janet (with the helmet on, it's impossible to tell if it's Janet or Hope, and the artist didn't specify). It's not an exact match to any particular costume, and at least one game (Strike Force) has Janet wearing something like this.

Good catch. He didn't specify which Wasp. I've searched for the tag on instagram and twitter, seen dozens and dozens of art if I remember correctly I've seen 2 Hope, 1 Nadia and all the rest Janet.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic art by Kieron Dwyer from Avengers Annual #18 (October, 1989).

That fourth costume on the bottom row wouldn't look out of place on a teenage member of the X-Men, or on Kitty Pryde.

That fourth costume on the bottom row wouldn't look out of place on a teenage member of the X-Men, or on Kitty Pryde.
    The yellow and black? Better then Kitty's Gold costume .

Yeah, that's the one I'm referring to. The problem is the way the colours are arranged. Yellow chest, trunks, gloves and boots, blue/black on the arms, legs and neck. Exactly the same as the X-Men training suit and a lot of Kitty's costumes. All that's missing is a belt.

The colour scheme itself isn't a problem, Janet's worn several other yellow and black costumes. It's just that particular design which makes me think of the X-Men instead of the Avengers.

Yeah, that's the one I'm referring to. The problem is the way the colours are arranged. Yellow chest, trunks, gloves and boots, blue/black on the arms, legs and neck. Exactly the same as the X-Men training suit and a lot of Kitty's costumes. All that's missing is a belt.

The colour scheme itself isn't a problem, Janet's worn several other yellow and black costumes. It's just that particular design which makes me think of the X-Men instead of the Avengers.
    That's not an issue for me since, at least to me, it looks distinctively Jan...and more snazzy then the training uniforms .

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #62 Dec 1964
    "Giant-Man versus the Wonderful Wasp!"
    Working in his lab, Henry Pym finds a way to speed up the growth of plants;
    however, his experiment soon gets out of control and the plant grows rapidly, causing it to spread about the city.
    Shrinking down to ant-size, Giant-Man stops the plant's further growth by destroying its tap root.
    The plant continues to grow unknown to Pym, and when two-bit crook Second-Story Sammy
    escapes from a botched robbery, he ends up landing on one of the plant's leaves and sliding into Pym's lab.
    Sammy spies Pym's continued work on his experiment, which causes an explosion that knocks him out.

Checking the unconscious body, Sammy learns Giant-Man's secret identity and steals his costume,
    properly deducing that it's the source of Giant-Man's size-changing powers.
    With a rudimentary understanding of how the costume works, Sammy storms out of Pym's lab
    to start a crime spree, but not before bumping into Janet van Dyne, who follows him as the Wasp.

Sammy robs a jewelry store, but not before setting off the alarm and alerting the police.
    Learning of the robbery, the Wasp tracks Sammy who she thinks is Henry Pym who attacks her inside the jewelry store.

At ant-size, the Wasp easily defeats the inexperienced Sammy and demands to know where the real Giant-Man is.

Meanwhile, the plant continues to grow out of control.
    Pym revives and learns that the Wasp has been trapped in a glass jewelry box.
    He sends his ants to capture the faux Giant-Man.
    The ants carry Sammy back to the lab and Pym easily dispatches Sammy with one punch.
    With the aid of his ants, he finds and destroys the giant plant's real tap root, stopping its further growth.

The Wasp frees herself and returns home to find the real Giant-Man waiting for her.

Second-Story Sammy is made to forget Giant-Man's true identity and Giant-Man's name gets cleared.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Carl Burgos and George Roussos

So that's Janet's first ever change of costume? She mentions changing her helmet.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great art by Lan Medina.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Great art by Lan Medina.

This costume in red and black looks weird.

Apparently it's an Agents of Wakanda variant, so she'll still be wearing yellow when not working for the team, for example, in Iron Man.