BANNED

Default Would the events of Incoming reunite the Illuminati ?

Given the events of Incoming and what it leads into: Would this be a time for the Illuminati to reunite and stop the events of Empyre ?

As fans of the group: What do you think of this ?

Spectacular Member

Captain America in in prison, Tony Stark back to alcoholism, Xavier and Beast are running their own nation, Namor is warring everyone that doesn’t breath water so no, I don’t think the will get back together.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Captain America in in prison, Tony Stark back to alcoholism, Xavier and Beast are running their own nation, Namor is warring everyone that doesn’t breath water so no, I don’t think the will get back together.
    In the words of a certain (in)famous pop singer, "[They] are never, ever, ever getting back together."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given the events of Incoming and what it leads into: Would this be a time for the Illuminati to reunite and stop the events of Empyre ?

As fans of the group: What do you think of this ?
    Yes and no.

I don't think the individual members of the Illuminati will necessarily decide to reform the Illuminati... but it's certainly believable that many of the individual members would team up. They often do in company wide cross overs.

Captain America, Iron Man, and Black Panther are all currently teamates on the Avengers. That's almost half the illuminati right there. I know many are doing their own thing in their own books, but I'm doubtful any of them will be completely absent from a big company wide event. Strange worked with them in the first Avengers story arc, and Reed along with the FF have a long history of working with the Avengers in big event stories. So both are relatively easy call ups. Not sure what Black Bolt is doing these days, but I'm assuming he's free if they need him.

The big outliers would be Namor and Xavier. Both are doing their own thing these days. But it's not impossible to imagine Namor coming to the aid of the Avengers if Cap needs him. Even after everything that's happened, those ww2 bonds just don't break.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    And Black Bolt's dead

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    And Black Bolt's dead
    Actually he's alive

Fantastic Member

Everyone forgets Banner.

Then again, he's doing his own Illuminati thing since they can't be bothered to solve Earth's problems right now.

Fantastic Member

Captain Britain is under Morgan LeFay’s influence
    Amadeus is with Atlas
    Pym is deadish

I’d say no go on Illuminati just at the moment

I think it would take a very specific set of circumstances to bring the Illuminati together again. It doesn't just require a bit threat... it requires a big threat that would motivate the heroes to keep it a secret from everyone else. That's what seperates the Illuminati from say the Avengers... for whatever reason you're keeping this on the down low.

This Empyre thing could in theory evolve into that sort of situation... but it's probably too early to tell at the moment.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

it would have to be a different group of people. But Empyre already has some stakeholders assembled, so I'm not sure if it makes sense for there to be an additional group like the Illuminati involved. No more secret cabals, eh?