Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I thought that one of the Infinity stones pulled the real "Hank" out of Pymtron or whatever and was then consumed by some monster or something like that...

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I thought she and Hank had moved on and were on good terms? They still dragging this mess?
    They ended on reasonably good terms way back when Hank left the Avengers back in the early eighties. Comic writers love relationship drama
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I thought that one of the Infinity stones pulled the real "Hank" out of Pymtron or whatever and was then consumed by some monster or something like that...
    Yep. Hank's soul got eaten by some infinity soul stone monster.

Pymtron has been written as ambiguous since he returned from space.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    But it's something that's literally still going on in Tony Stark Iron Man. It hasn't even been resolved yet in that book. It's not a past conflict, it's a present conflict. How can writers decade ago deal with an Iron Man story from 2019 so Zub can bring it back again? I don't get the logic.
    I wasn't referring to anything that has to do with Stark and his book, I was reffering to the fact that Janet seemed to hold a grudge against Hank, calling Pymtron "Hank" even though she knew he wasn't in there since she herself decided to throw it into the sun. Mostly I'm referring to her telling "Hank" he made her feel small... . I get it's a vision she's having, and maybe she was actually referring to Ultron and not to Hank, but honestly it's really not clear, and readers are just going to go on thinking she hated him, which isn't true.

Again, no shade on Janet at all, but those are pieces of broken continuity that bug me a bit, honestly. I get it, that ship has sailed long ago (even if I don't really like that fact), but recent writers have been writing Janet as though she resented and hated Hank, and that's simply just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I thought she and Hank had moved on and were on good terms? They still dragging this mess?
    Yeah, that's what I'm wondering also...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The jury is out on that. We've been told that Hank is dead and that it is just Ultron wearing Hank's face and body like a meat-suit now that their bodies are merged. However, there are times where it seems like Hank's personality is still in there too. But it has also been suggested that is just Ultron exploiting his Hank-face to manipulate his enemies. And given that Ultron's mind was originally based on Hank's brain patterns in the first place, it wouldn't necessarily be hard for Ultron to try and fake a Pym act even before he got merged with Hank's body.

So, if there is truly anything of Hank still alive inside of Ultron it has yet to be conclusively confirmed.
    Yep, as others have said, Hank's soul got yanked from Ultron in Infinity Countdown and got eaten by a monster living in the Soul Gem. There could very well be another reality right inside that monster for all we know, but for now, he appears dead-dead. Ultron still pretend it's half-Hank, but at this point, the readers should know better than to believe it. And a lot of characters also, since as I said, Janet and others were part of the team that sent Pymtron out to burn in the sun after finding out it wasn't Hank at all. Written by Zub, if I'm not mistaken.

Vision is based on Simon Williams' brain patterns, and they are two very different people. I wonder why people don't think they're the same person, but think Ultron and Hank are somehow quasi-interchangeable.
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 10-18-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

No, it was Duggan. Zub didn't take over Uncanny Avengers until Secret Empire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it was Duggan. Zub didn't take over Uncanny Avengers until Secret Empire.
    You're right! I forgot when Zub took over. Thanks for reminding me

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Yep, as others have said, Hank's soul got yanked from Ultron in Infinity Countdown and got eaten by a monster living in the Soul Gem. There could very well be another reality right inside that monster for all we know, but for now, he appears dead-dead. Ultron still pretend it's half-Hank, but at this point, the readers should know better than to believe it. And a lot of characters also, since as I said, Janet and others were part of the team that sent Pymtron out to burn in the sun after finding out it wasn't Hank at all. Written by Zub, if I'm not mistaken.
    Maybe the editorial team didn't remenber of this part,and we're still with the Half-Hank,Half Ultron entity.

I mean, I guess Zub wasn't a huge fan of their relationship? I think writer's input is a big deal here. I don't think that necessarily means he doesn't like Hank. I don't think we're meant to take Pymtron like he is Hank. He just wants to be Hank.

Or we're just reading too much into this and it's just a hero and a villain throwing insults at each other. Most comics aren't that deep, let's just have fun reading

I mean, I guess Zub wasn't a huge fan of their relationship? I think writer's input is a big deal here. I don't think that necessarily means he doesn't like Hank. I don't think we're meant to take Pymtron like he is Hank. He just wants to be Hank.

Or we're just reading too much into this and it's just a hero and a villain throwing insults at each other. Most comics aren't that deep, let's just have fun reading
    I was under the impression Zub had a bit of a sweet spot for Hank, Jan, and all the mythos surrounding them, but now that I think about it I can't seem to recall exactly why.

I think you have the right attitude towards this. After all, the story is still unfolding, and we don't have all the pieces of it yet. You know how defensive I can get at times when Hank is involved...

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Art of Wasp by various artists from her first four decades of being published in the 1960s through the 1990s:

Jack Kirby, Don Heck, Bob Powell, John Romita Sr., John Buscema

Gene Colan, Barry Windsor-Smith, Sal Buscema, Herb Trimpe, Craig Russell

Alfredo Alcala, Al Milgrom, George Tuska, George Perez, John Byrne

David Wenzel, John Romita Jr., Arvell Jones, Alan Kupperberg, Bob Hall

Mike Zeck, Luke McDonnell, Rich Howell, Paul Neary, Amanda Conner

Tom Morgan, Kieron Dwyer, Paul Ryan, David Ross, Kevin Hopgood

John Estes, Mike Deodato, Jr., Michael Ryan, Mark Bagley, Carlos Pacheco
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-18-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I was under the impression Zub had a bit of a sweet spot for Hank, Jan, and all the mythos surrounding them, but now that I think about it I can't seem to recall exactly why.

I think you have the right attitude towards this. After all, the story is still unfolding, and we don't have all the pieces of it yet. You know how defensive I can get at times when Hank is involved...
    No one can blame you with Marvel refusing to give him proper stories for years now

Very nice art compilation!

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Art of Wasp by various artists from her first four decades of being published in the 1960s through the 1990s:

Jack Kirby, Don Heck, Bob Powell, John Romita Sr., John Buscema

Gene Colan, Barry Windsor-Smith, Sal Buscema, Herb Trimpe, Craig Russell

Alfredo Alcala, Al Milgrom, George Tuska, George Perez, John Byrne

David Wenzel, John Romita Jr., Arvell Jones, Alan Kupperberg, Bob Hall

Mike Zeck, Luke McDonnell, Rich Howell, Paul Neary, Amanda Conner

Tom Morgan, Kieron Dwyer, Paul Ryan, David Ross, Kevin Hopgood

John Estes, Mike Deodato, Jr., Michael Ryan, Mark Bagley, Carlos Pacheco
    Best part is it also serves as a showcase of all of Wasp's different costumes over the years .

I've always had a soft spot for the red and black number in that John Romita Jr. image, as well as the yellow and black McDonnel/Rich Howell outfit.

Look where Jan rightfully is

Look where Jan rightfully is
    I'd definitely give it to those three...maybe throw in Mary Jane Watson too, but that's just me .

Is MJ even in Puzzle Quest?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman