Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, that was a running theme for Janet. A new costume every few months.
    It helped when she was drawn by George Perez .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It helped when she was drawn by George Perez .
    Or even John Buscema.

It was really Avengers Disassembled that ended Janet's constantly changing costumes. She didn't get a new costume after that for 12 years. She was even thought dead in Secret Invasion, and still had the same costume when she came back - it was only finally updated when she joined the ANAD era Uncanny Avengers three years ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It was really Avengers Disassembled that ended Janet's constantly changing costumes. She didn't get a new costume after that for 12 years. She was even thought dead in Secret Invasion, and still had the same costume when she came back - it was only finally updated when she joined the ANAD era Uncanny Avengers three years ago.
    I think that's mostly because she stopped appearing in Avengers books regularly. And once she came back for good in 2011/2012, she came back with an awesome new look.

We really need her in Avengers...

CBR'S top 100 marvel and dc characters of all time poll is back, let's support Janet! She barely made it to top 50 last time.

https://www.cbr.com/vote-top-100-dc-marvel-characters/

Spectacular Member

One thing that frustrates me is that at one point she was one of Marvel's sexiest super heroines. Now they put her in pantsuits and draw her looking like Rachel Maddow. It's like Marvel thinks if a female character is drawn attractively people don't take her seriously. Please get her out of the no-selling teen Wasp series nobody asked for and get her in another comic. And get Frank Cho to draw her.

Hey that's awesome of them to make an article on her! I'd put more costumes to the list though, and would definitely leave out MCU wasp. Her costume is just ugly

Zub confirmed on twitter that red and black is Jan's costume colors in this book!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Zub confirmed on twitter that red and black is Jan's costume colors in this book!
    So I guess it's her agent costume?

I don't think the design looks as good in red and black to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess it's her agent costume?

I don't think the design looks as good in red and black to be honest.
    He said red and black is the color theme of the team so that's why she is going with that.

Maybe but a variant is a variant. I'm hoping future fight adds this now. It might be too little of a change to add as a new uniform since her yellow version is already in the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    One thing that frustrates me is that at one point she was one of Marvel's sexiest super heroines. Now they put her in pantsuits and draw her looking like Rachel Maddow. It's like Marvel thinks if a female character is drawn attractively people don't take her seriously. Please get her out of the no-selling teen Wasp series nobody asked for and get her in another comic. And get Frank Cho to draw her.
    That "teen Wasp series" is cancelled - and she's been in Iron Man the whole time anyway!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Janet's shtick is being fashionable, anyway, not necessarily sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I think that's mostly because she stopped appearing in Avengers books regularly. And once she came back for good in 2011/2012, she came back with an awesome new look.

We really need her in Avengers...
    No argument there.

Whelp... Iron Man is done, apparently (presumably relaunching, but if Slott's off the book, Janet could be off the cast). Weird, I thought it would've relaunched after the 2020 event.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46964-tony...er-report.html