Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Janet's shtick is being fashionable, anyway, not necessarily sexy.
    And then there's Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #105 (1985).

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Janet's shtick is being fashionable, anyway, not necessarily sexy.
    To the utmost, I agree. In the past, Jan only did sexy merely to get Pym's undivided attention.

I gope Janet stays in the Iron Man cast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    The king and queen of the Avengers might not be married by 2021

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Me too. I think they are great together.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Agents of Wakanda comes out tomorrow, support the book if you can!

Have you guys noticed Zub has actually been writing Janet a lot in the last couple of years? Uncanny Avengers, No Surrender, Iron Man and now Agents of Wakanda. Pretty cool.

Agents of Wakanda comes out tomorrow, support the book if you can!

Have you guys noticed Zub has actually been writing Janet a lot in the last couple of years? Uncanny Avengers, No Surrender, Iron Man and now Agents of Wakanda. Pretty cool.
    Also seems like one of the few current writers who likes writing Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also seems like one of the few current writers who likes writing Scarlet Witch.
    I recently had some sort of a revelation that despite the push for female characters this decade which is great and more female creators hired, which is still nowhere near enough with all the talent out there;

only male writers seem to care enough to write older female heroes like wanda and jan... some of them that is.
    Last edited by Captain M; 09-17-2019 at 11:55 AM.

I recently had some sort of a revelation that despite the push for female characters this decade which is great and more female creators hired, which is still nowhere near enough with all the talent out there;

only male writers seem to care enough to write older female heroes like wanda and jan... some of them that is.
    I can kind of see your point. Most of Marvel's major female writers seem to gravitate more towards characters getting current pushes or are younger vs. the older adult heroines.

Big week for Janet. She is in both Iron Man #16 and Agents of Wakanda #1.

She plays a big role in the latter. She actually had the most panel time in the first issue, I adored that. I thought she was handled really well but that's to be expected by Zub. We'll see how future arcs treat her but so far she's seeing plenty action and is presented as a total badass which I appreciate. She had some fun lines with Fat Cobra and that was in-character.

She didn't have a lot to do in Iron Man but with the way it ended and the interview above, pretty sure she'll have heavy screentime in the final 2 issues.

doubt that we'll ever see a solo Jan book now that Sue's mini has done so poorly.

They didn't promote it. Like, at all. Why isn't Fantastic Four cross-promoting it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    doubt that we'll ever see a solo Jan book now that Sue's mini has done so poorly.
    Jan solo would have happened already regardless of any expected sales if not for MCU/Hope/Nadia. Higher ups don't want it. It's not even on the horizon. There are bigger reasons why we aren't seeing it

I'm starting to get the feeling they brought Jan to the Iron Man book specifically to have this arc in the IM book, and all the drama that is undoubtedly going to happen along it...

Is it so hard to have a book in which Jan is there because she's a founding Avenger and a total bada$$? Looking forward to reading Agents of Wakanda!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff