Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Until we got confirmation Jan is back with the team after the Moon arc in AoA, she's in limbo again...

spoilers:
    and single
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Tony had better stay away from Nadia then, considering what she said to him at her birthday party.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My dream of a Steve/Tony/Thor/Jan poly is even more dead now. Great book, though.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Until we got confirmation Jan is back with the team after the Moon arc in AoA, she's in limbo again...

spoilers:
    and single
    end of spoilers
    She is in AoW after 4 but that book's not gonna last long so it's as good as limbo.... my interest in marvel is dead again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    She is in AoW after 4 but that book's not gonna last long so it's as good as limbo.... my interest in marvel is dead again
    And attitudes like that are why books like that have trouble staying afloat.

Let's not write off the AGENTS OF WAKANDA book until it actually ends. And there's nothing saying she might not reappear in the IRON MAN book in future issues either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Let's not write off the AGENTS OF WAKANDA book until it actually ends. And there's nothing saying she might not reappear in the IRON MAN book in future issues either.
    Just to clear this up, you think negative attitudes are the reason why books get cancelled and not low sales?

Plus, only appearing on and off in AOW is also as good as Limbo even if it were to last

When you have a fav and they appear on a book, it's pretty much the #1 reason you do buy that book... so I can easily understand Capt. M's feelings. I'd feel the same way, honestly.

And I wouldn't really count on Janet being featured in an IM book again. In my opinion it's obvious the relationship was only because Ultron was involved in the arc and the story needed to show that Stark had "won" against it by dating Pym's ex-wife (and all the name-calling and chest-thumping that goes with it). The story did nothing for Janet, except to show her in the pages IMO. No character development there, unfortunately.

EDIT: what I mean by that is that it was meant to piss Ultron off.

I would really like to see her as a permanent member of a team, preferably a top-tier team, or even better as the leader. She's a great character and should be put upfront and continue to be develop further. She should be shown doing good, taking charge, not being "the girlfriend" to prop up someone else's story.
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 12-21-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member

Just to clear this up, you think negative attitudes are the reason why books get cancelled and not low sales?
    I'm guessing you are being deliberately obtuse here, but just in case, no -- negative attitudes like that are a reason for the low sales that makes it hard for books to succeed. People get an attitude of "why bother? Its just to get cancelled anyway" and don't give a book a chance.

Plus, only appearing on and off in AOW is also as good as Limbo even if it were to last
    She may not be in every single issue, due to the nature of the book, but how can having a team book where she IS a member of the team and is appearing on a semi-regular basis be "as good as limbo"?

I'm guessing you are being deliberately obtuse here, but just in case, no -- negative attitudes like that are a reason for the low sales that makes it hard for books to succeed. People get an attitude of "why bother? Its just to get cancelled anyway" and don't give a book a chance.

She may not be in every single issue, due to the nature of the book, but how can having a team book where she IS a member of the team and is appearing on a semi-regular basis be "as good as limbo"?
    Literally how are negative attitudes a reason for low sales? I buy books with money not words. I don't have a "why bother" attitude. I'm literally buying every issue of this book. That doesn't mean I can't acknowledge that it's about to be cancelled.

She doesn't appear in anywhere else but that book. Once that's gone so is her. That's limbo. There is no push for her. She doesn't cameo or guest star in books. You can tell when a character will or won't be around even when they don't have a regular title they appear in which again, AOW already isn't for it's cast besides Okoye and T'Challa.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Even if Janet goes in Limbo for a bit she will probably be back in a book for Ant-Man 3.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Even if Janet goes in Limbo for a bit she will probably be back in a book for Ant-Man 3.
    Yeah! As a supporting role in the newest Unstoppable Wasp Nadia solo book!

No offense, I appreciate that you care but I don't think you thought that comment through. Nadia will get a push, not Janet.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

She is in AoW after 4 but that book's not gonna last long so it's as good as limbo....
    Let's not write off the AGENTS OF WAKANDA book until it actually ends.
    She doesn't appear in anywhere else but that book. Once that's gone so is her. That's limbo.
    I will be pedantic here because I'm a stickler for definitions and tenses, but for as long as Jan appears in a book, she is not, yet, in limbo. Why jump the gun when AoW is still ongoing? Your definition of limbo is different from mine and Dermie's. When it gets canceled feel free to tell us "I told you so" because by then you will be proven correct. But let's wait for the right time for this.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quit complaining!

Hate that Deadpool is thrown into the mix. Like, ugh, go away Wade

So you're happy that Janet's involved, but found a different reason to complain. Fair enough. Deadpool is definitely a Marmite character.