Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    rip Avengers Academy, I will never forget the love it's devs had for Janet. <3
    Yeah, they had a really fun take on Janet. Sad to see it go away .

Well, I'm sure fans will still remember it fondly .

Shame they never made a comic book of it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Janet Van Dyne is the only major marvel woman reduced to a couple mentions in Lorraine Cink's "Powers of a Girl" that just came out. X-Women and Sue are excluded and Janet is as good as excluded. Apparently Squirrel Girl's mom even has a small part to her.

I enjoy the current comic push for Janet but her exposure outside of comics is continuously being diminished in favor of Nadia's.

On better news though, she saw some great action in today's Tony Stark Iron Man #8. Read it guys, it's really good.

I enjoy the current comic push for Janet but her exposure outside of comics is continuously being diminished in favor of Nadia's.
    And Hope (technically the same, but still) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Hope (technically the same, but still) .
    Right but I'm talking about comic-specific outside media, like this book that is basically a guide to all marvel women in comics minus the ones tied to FOX. All but Janet

On better news though, she saw some great action in today's Tony Stark Iron Man #8. Read it guys, it's really good.
    She's drawn so great in that book. I heard someone describe her movements as ballet-like.

Right but I'm talking about comic-specific outside media, like this book that is basically a guide to all marvel women in comics minus the ones tied to FOX. All but Janet
    Then that book needs a second edition, pronto. I can only assume it was commissioned before Disney announced they were buying 20th Century Fox. That's when the X-Men and FF stopped being pariahs. Frankly though, there was no excuse for Janet not getting at least equal coverage to Nadia.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then that book needs a second edition, pronto. I can only assume it was commissioned before Disney announced they were buying 20th Century Fox. That's when the X-Men and FF stopped being pariahs. Frankly though, there was no excuse for Janet not getting at least equal coverage to Nadia.
    Yeah, indeed. I mean equal is preferred but we're talking about not even 1/10 here. Janet is mentioned while Nadia has 4 pages to her own just like the rest of the characters. What they at least could have done is have a Wasps category but here is the thing, Lorraine Cink loves Janet. This was probably instructed to her by the higher ups. To minimize Janet's presence as much as possible.
    Last edited by Captain M; 02-07-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Inspired by traditional handmade Japanese wooden kokeshi dolls, this super-cute and collectible The Wasp Wittles Wooden Doll presents the Hope van Dyne in her comic-inspired The Wasp costume, complete with a 'W' on her chest and wings.

???????????? is this where we stand???? marvel is so keen on phasing janet out while increasing the popularity of the Wasp brand that they'll make janet merch and call her hope???

4 Janet tops on Hot Topic and one of them is also called Hope Van Dyne. It's probably the newest one added to the store. I can't even...

Inspired by traditional handmade Japanese wooden kokeshi dolls, this super-cute and collectible The Wasp Wittles Wooden Doll presents the Hope van Dyne in her comic-inspired The Wasp costume, complete with a 'W' on her chest and wings.

???????????? is this where we stand???? marvel is so keen on phasing janet out while increasing the popularity of the Wasp brand that they'll make janet merch and call her hope???
    WTH????? This is clearly Janet!! I saw the pic before reading the text and immediately thought "Yay, they made Jan merch!!"

This is just infuriating
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I don't get it. Why are they downplaying Janet? She DOES have an MCU counterpart (and they usually push MCU characters), and it's not Hope. It would've been understandable if it was Nadia's costume, as she's Hope's actual comic counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't get it. Why are they downplaying Janet? She DOES have an MCU counterpart (and they usually push MCU characters), and it's not Hope. It would've been understandable if it was Nadia's costume, as she's Hope's actual comic counterpart.
    But her MCU counterpart is an old (albeit still stunning and active) old lady who's probably not going to be suiting up much moving forward.

This was probably always become an issue when they made Hope the MCU Wasp. She's going to get most of the promotion as Wasp moving forward.

BANNED

I want more of Michelle Pfeiffer portraying the original Wasp She is to be leading a superhero team for that matter.