Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Well the MCU did Janet dirty again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean with Carol now being the origin of the Avengers name?
    Really? Come on now .

I get they need to justify Carol's prequel status and how much of a "big deal" she is, c'mon.

Not like that though. Seriously, her callsign should've been Warbird (her late 90s Busiek Avengers era codename), not Avenger. Fury named the Avengers Initiative after Carol. SHIELD is known to have existed in the 80s, when Hank and Janet were active, so they could've easily had them be where the Avengers name came from.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not like that though. Seriously, her callsign should've been Warbird (her late 90s Busiek Avengers era codename), not Avenger. Fury named the Avengers Initiative after Carol. SHIELD is known to have existed in the 80s, when Hank and Janet were active, so they could've easily had them be where the Avengers name came from.
    Yeah, "Warbird" honestly sounds like a better callsign then Avenger (which feels contrived for a few reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Well the MCU did Janet dirty again.
    You mean with Carol now being the origin of the Avengers name?
    Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I learned that...

As Digifiend said, it would have been so easy to at least credit Jan with the name of "The Avengers Initiative" back in the 80s. Once again, something that canonically belonged to Jan has been given to someone else to prop them up in the MCU *sigh* Jan and Hank really got the short end of the stick, that's for sure.

I haven't seen the Captain Marvel movie so I have to ask... what is this codename refering to? What exactly does she have to avenge? Is it explained in the movie?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Carol didn't steal the name thing, Edgar Wright did. I actually liked how they kept the sentiment of a woman naming the team.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Carol didn't steal the name thing, Edgar Wright did.
    In what form? By keeping Jan from being in The Avengers?

I mean, Reed established Jan as being an earlier hero with Carol, so I don't think Wright had much to do with it.
    I actually liked how they kept the sentiment of a woman naming the team.
    I appreciate the sentiment, just not how it was handled (especially taking yet another major cornterstone of Jan's Avengers membership).

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I haven't seen the Captain Marvel movie so I have to ask... what is this codename refering to? What exactly does she have to avenge? Is it explained in the movie?
    It's a military callsign. Maria Rambeau (mother of Monica) has a callsign too - Photon. Which is one of Monica's comic codenames and thus makes logical sense. In the comics, Carol's callsign is Cheeseburger.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's a military callsign. Maria Rambeau (mother of Monica) has a callsign too - Photon. Which is one of Monica's comic codenames and thus makes logical sense. In the comics, Carol's callsign is Cheeseburger.
    Yeah, Warbird really would have worked better .

"Who the hell are you?"
    "Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm here to talk to you about the Cheeseburger Initiative."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Last year's merch but the first time I'm seeing it.

Japanese eh? They're a fair bit behind with the comics aren't they? As in, they only got the first volumes of Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel last year. Stands to reason that they only recently got All-New All-Different Avengers too, which would explain number 7 there (Jane Thor, Sam Cap, Sam Nova and Kamala Ms Marvel, all members of that team).

1 is SHIELD related characters (Steve Cap, Sam Falcon, Black Widow and Nick Fury Jr), 2 is Spiders (Peter, Venom, Gwen, and Miles). 3 is probably themed around Secret Wars A-Force (She-Hulk, Medusa, Spider-Woman and Songbird), 4 is classic Avengers (Hulk, Thor Odinson, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Wasp), 5 is newer Avengers (Hawkeye, Carol Danvers, Vision and Black Panther), 6 is street level heroes who appeared in the Netflix Defenders shows (Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Elektra), 7 is the four members of the ANAD Avengers not in one of the earlier sets, and 8 is Guardians of the Galaxy.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Fantastic Four #287.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

*whistles*

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

*whistles*
    omg I can't see clearly but that looks like Janet over Hope, right???

omggggg