Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Fair point. Either way, we're debating something that would be cool to see, but making absolute declarations about characters off-panel actions, or inaction, in a massive, overstuffed universe where space in the actual comics themselves is at a premium, is essentially pointless. Which, sure, lots of speculation is so I'm not harshing on anyone's speculation (headcanon is fun, after all) but I think until we're shown something definitive it just has to be left as a unknown. Laura Kinney in the X-23 one shot vs Laura Kinney now with Gabby would potentially be very different towards the NYX kids but you could make a case for either Laura to help them out directly, or not.

Here, have something non-waffling:

https://twitter.com/rianbowart/statu...94422272303104
    What makes it egregious is just how important Kiden is. Kiden saved her life in NYX. Maybe not literally, but certainly by helping her break free from Zebra Daddy’s control. Otherwise she could very likely still be an empty husk of a person quietly enduring all manner of abuse while peddling her body on street corners. And considering who Laura was at the time, and how broken and beaten she was, it’s unlikely she would have ever gained the sense of self necessary to do it on her own.

That’s a BIG deal, and for it never to be touched on is a major failure by the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What makes it egregious is just how important Kiden is. Kiden saved her life in NYX. Maybe not literally, but certainly by helping her break free from Zebra Daddy’s control. Otherwise she could very likely still be an empty husk of a person quietly enduring all manner of abuse while peddling her body on street corners. And considering who Laura was at the time, and how broken and beaten she was, it’s unlikely she would have ever gained the sense of self necessary to do it on her own.

That’s a BIG deal, and for it never to be touched on is a major failure by the writers.
    I hear that, though I disagree that Laura wouldn't have broken free after getting over the shock of Sarah's death*, but Kiden and Laura are such vastly separated characters in terms of popularity and impact that there's no real urgency to address this, unless someone has some idea that has to do with Kiden and X-23. Otherwise, I think you're butting up against the realities of Marvel X-Men Comics, how many people in 2019 care about NYX/Kiden and what would be simpler in, say, a novel compared to a serialised comic.

*And the merits of NYX, or at least X-23's inclusion, will forever be debated.

Fallen Angels. Wonder if this means Laura will have a disconnect from the rest of the X-men? It would be kinda cool to see her go off and do her own stuff. Maybe team up with non mutants. Always wanted to see her and the punisher go rampaging through the New York underworld, killing pimps and crime bosses. Regardless, I'm stoked for the book. Seems like a curveball compared the the rest of the line up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Fallen Angels. Wonder if this means Laura will have a disconnect from the rest of the X-men? It would be kinda cool to see her go off and do her own stuff. Maybe team up with non mutants. Always wanted to see her and the punisher go rampaging through the New York underworld, killing pimps and crime bosses. Regardless, I'm stoked for the book. Seems like a curveball compared the the rest of the line up.
    I mentioned this before in this thread, but while I could see Laura and Frank teaming up, I think they'd butt heads over methods.

It could make for a hell of a What If? issue perhaps?

What If Frank Castle found X-23? Set it immediately after Innocence Lost, and you could get very dark.

I mentioned this before in this thread, but while I could see Laura and Frank teaming up, I think they'd butt heads over methods.
    They should butt heads, makes for a better story.

What If Frank Castle found X-23? Set it immediately after Innocence Lost, and you could get very dark.
    Yup, love a good dark story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post

I think it would be rad if X was invited into other non xmen books. Have her get a guest spot in Spider-Man or the avengers.

That would be an awesome What If.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Fallen angel 2 cover
    IMG_20190813_174454.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Fallen angel 2 cover
    IMG_20190813_174454.jpg
    I really am glad they're keeping the new costume. It's a great look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Fallen angel 2 cover
    IMG_20190813_174454.jpg
    Doesn't this series use Revanche (who is Asian)? She looks like Kitty cosplaying Psylocke on here...

I really am glad they're keeping the new costume. It's a great look.
    Me too. Suits her so well.

maybe she can stab Kable in the back
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    maybe she can stab Kable in the back
    One thing I'd thought of is Laura doing for Kid Cable what others did for her, and try to help him find something more to life than just being a weapon. It would be different than it is with Gabby, because Gabby never lost her innocence the way she and Nate have, and could offer some interesting character development for both, while showcasing how Laura has changed.

Nate: I know what my purpose is. I'm a weapon to ensure Apocalypse and people like him never come to power in the future. That's all I'll ever be. I accept that.

Laura: There was a time I was so much like you. I believed my life had no value beyond being a weapon, first for the Facility and anyone who had the money, and later for the X-Men. But I've learned that there is more meaning to my life than that, and accepting you will never be more only denies the person you really are.